Our Special Connection

Guest CharlieAndBraxLover

********EDITED THIS POST FROM BEFORE!!

"Hey guys, thanks for the reviews, sorry i havent updated, no one seemed interested in it so ijust stopped. I might write a quick chapter sometime soon when year 12 settles down :)"

***** i have just written another chapter, I was bored! Please comment if you want me to continue this story. I dont get many people commenting so.... yeah.

If i get people saying they want me to continue and review and things I will post this new chapter.

Cheers,

CABL.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty disappointing only 3 people want this story to continue, but thank you for saying you will. I will post my latest written chapter now, but I don't think I'll continue unless people say they want me to. So I hope you like this, please leave comments! Xxx CABL.

Chapter 11:

It had been a month since Leah had found out about Charlie and Brax's relationship and VJ also knew now. Everything was going nicely, despite Leah's miscarriage and the break up between Leah and Miles.

Charlie and Brax had been seeing even more of each other than before, if that was even possible. Charlie would always turn up to the restaurant for a 'quiet drink by herself', Brax would sleep over at Leah's or they'd just pretend they had coincidently bumped into each other on the beach.

Being in public together was uncomfortable though, the couple were so in love that they could barely keep their hands off each other, which made their secret relationship even harder to maintain.

Charlie slowly strolled along the beach, happy her shift at work was finally over and she could relax and enjoy the salty sea air. Looking over into the water she saw that very familiar buff body come running out of the waves, soaking wet. She smiled as she walked closer towards him, stopping just shy of the wet sand.

"G'day!" Brax yelled as he ran up to Charlie. On arrival he leaned forward to kiss her, but just as quickly Charlie stepped back and turned her head, with Brax pulling away and pretending it didn't happen.

"Ah, sorry, forgot." Brax said softly with a disappointed smile, while Charlie gave him the same look.

"So are you finished work for the day?" Brax asked.

"Sure am. I was actually hoping to bump into you here, I wanted to ask you over for dinner tonight? Casey as well. Leah's still feeling pretty down after everything that's happened, so I wanted to cook.... um, actually, get some pizzas from Angelos and have a nice relaxing night with everyone."

"Yeah sounds good, I've gotta go into work now so when I finish I'll get the pizzas and bring them over?"

"Okay, great" Charlie replied with a grin. The two awkwardly stood there in silence, which was unusual for them, but they didn't really know how to act in public without people asking questions.

"So..." Charlie began as she bit her lip and looked down nervously, not knowing whether to start up a new conversation incase people were watching and listening. 

"I really, really want to kiss you right now" Brax said softly with a grin. Charlie looked up at him and laughed. 

"Yeah well, me too, but it's gonna have to wait until tonight. I better get going, see you soon" Charlie smiled as she walked off towards her house, and Brax continued up to the restaurant with his surfboard under his arm.

-------------------

Leah had arrived home from work to find Casey, Ruby and VJ sitting around the lounge room playing a video game, while Charlie was sitting at the dining table watching them. 

"Hey" Leah said, getting Charlie's attention. "Hey Leah, how was your day?" 

"Work's work I suppose. I think I need to eat something and get some sleep though" she replied with a yawn. 

"Well Brax will be around soon with some pizzas" Charlie said as she smiled at the thought of Brax coming over.

Not long after, there was a knock at the door and Charlie got up to answer it. As soon as she opened the door she saw Brax with his arms full of pizza boxes. He stepped forward and before Charlie could say anything he pushed her backward against the kitchen counter in the middle of the room, put the pizzas down on the bench, grabbed Charlie by the waist and found Charlie's lips with his kissing her forcefully.

Straight away the kiss deepened, the two were all over each other making up for the time they couldn't do anything on the beach. A few minutes past and they eventually pulled apart. Brax pulled Charlie in for a hug and she gripped the back of his black work t-shirt tightly.

"I have been waiting all day to do that" Brax whispered. They pulled back from each other but still held hands. He had the same disappointed smile on his face that he had earlier at the beach. 

Charlie noticed this and sighed, "I'm sorry." 

"Nah, it's alright. Better late than never ey" he replied, trying to reassure her.

"Let's go eat, Leah's almost ready for bed and the kids are starving" Charlie said as she pulled Brax by the hand, who was carrying the pizzas in the other, into the lounge.

------------------

After everyone had eaten dinner and gone to bed, Charlie and Brax decided to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie. Brax sat with his feet resting up on the coffee table, right arm around Charlie's shoulders, left hand holding on the inside of her left thigh and the side of his head resting on top of Charlie's. Charlie was sitting the same as Brax, though one of her legs was draped over his, an arm around his stomach, other hand intertwined on top of the hand he had on her thigh, with her head laying on his shoulder.

Charlie kept fidgeting throughout the movie. She wouldn't sit still for longer than five minutes before she would move again or let out a loud sigh. Brax sensed something was up, though it was hard not to with the way she was acting.

Brax sighed, "What's wrong?" 

"What? Nothing!" Charlie said in a slightly high pitched voice, trying to fool him. 

Both kept their eyes glued to the television screen, sitting in silence for a few seconds until once again, Charlie sighed. 

"Alright Charlie, out with it" Brax said as he then pushed Charlie up off him so she was sitting up and facing him. She looked down and fiddled with her hands, wanting to tell Brax what was on her mind but not sure how he'd feel about it.

"Hey, this isn't about Case and Ruby staying in her room the night, is it? Because I can take him home if you want" Brax questioned, as it was the first time Charlie had allowed it to happen. 

Charlie looked up into Brax's eyes, "No, no it's not that."

"Then what is it? Charlie just tell me, please." 

Charlie sighed once again, "It's, it's about you, um, you and me, us". 

Brax sat up straight and stared at Charlie, trying to anticipate what she was going to say. A worried look was plastered on his face, as he then was the one to look down and start nervously playing with his hands. The silence in the room was deafening. 

"I uhh, I think it's time..." Charlie spoke up until Brax quickly interrupted. 

"Are you ending this? Charlie, please, think about..." Charlie was shocked at what Brax was saying, did he really think she was unhappy with their relationship?

"No no no, Brax, I'm not breaking up with you! Just listen," she said louder to get Brax to stop talking and grabbed his hand in hers, "After today, when we were down on the beach, it got me thinking. We've been together for about 7 months now, and uhhh, it was really awkward at the beach, so um, I want that to change. I think I'm ready to tell Joyce, about us."

Charlie looked up at Brax who had a confused look on his face, his mouth slightly hanging open lost for words. His eyes wandered back down to where she was holding his hand. 

"What do you think?" Charlie asked, trying to read Brax's body language. He was still surprised at what she had said. 

"Babe... Say something?" Charlie spoke as she rubbed the back of his hand that she was already holding with her other. Brax slowly lifted his head up so Charlie could see his face. They continued staring at each other, when a smile suddenly formed on Brax's face. He reached up with his hands, grabbing Charlie's face and kissed her passionately. He pulled back, kissed her again, and kept repeating this action. 

"Mmm" Charlie mumbled as she pulled away, "So you're happy?"

"Are you kidding, of course I am! Especially since I thought you were breaking up with me! Oh thank god" he said with a huge grin.

"So, we'll be able to do this in public?" Brax asked as he held up their hands as their fingers were intertwined. She nodded.

"What about this?" he asked as he moved closer and placed a soft lingering kiss on her lips.

"Mmm. Only if you're lucky" she joked.

The two smiled at each other like teenagers, finally they would be able to be like any other normal couple. They could go on dates, hold hands, hug & kiss anywhere and not have to worry about someone catching them and dobbing Charlie in to her superiors. Brax knew the Riverboys wouldn't take the news well at all, but he would just have to make sure he'd stay away from them as much as possible.

Charlie and Brax pulled into an embrace, both extremely content with where their relationship was heading. Brax pulled back and grabbed Charlie's hands in his. 

"I love you" he said with a genuine smile.

"Prove it" Charlie said with a cheeky yet seductive grin as she pulled Brax off the couch and he started leading her along to her bedroom by her hand. Just as they reached the hallway entrance, Charlie tugged on the hand Brax was leading her with, causing him to spin around and face her.

"I love you too" she said smiling, leaning in and planting a kiss on his lips.

Brax grinned at Charlie, picked her up and carried her through to Charlie's bedroom.

Fabulous update! Really enjoyed the conversation and interaction between Charlie and Brax! You can really sense the emotion from your writing and I love it. Please continue and share this story... really enjoying it! I like that you showed Brax feeling vulnerable as well thinking Charlie was breaking up with him...

Can't wait for next update - if you're able of course. Thanks :wub:

Archived