9/11

Guest ~Zoe~

IN MEMORY OF ALL THAT LOST THEIR LIVES 10 YEARS AGO, SUNDAY IS THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11 STATISTICS: times of impact 8:46am and 9.02am, time the burning towers stood 56 minutes and 102 minutes, time they took to fall 12 seconds. 2819 dead from 115 different nations. 343 firemen/paramedics, 23 NYPD, 37 port authority officers ♥

I seriously cannot believe it is ten years! :(

I remember seeing it happen on this day all those years ago...I was only about 8 years old so I cannot remember a lot but I remember seeing the north tower on fire, and I knew that what was happening was horrfic.

RIP to those 3,000 people who died.

You were the angels who God chose to call to his side that day. Now you are the angels that look over and protect us all.

where has the ten years gone????

I remember been in my first year at High School and having my teacher tell us about a plane hitting one of the towers. For the rest of the day we were kept up to date with what happened, and we had a few minutes silence for theose who died.

I went to New York last year, and went to ground zero and, it was just so harrowing. Pictures of those who lost their life were on the barriers as were flowers and notes from loved ones. and in Battery park, they had the golden globe which stood in the foyer of one of the towers, it was damaged, but put in the park as a memorial for those who died. They also had an eternal flame lit with a plague saying how the flame was burning for all those who died.

R. I. P to all the innocent people who were killed.

I remember I was working at a secondary school at the time as a teaching assistant. That day, I overheard the receptionist and officemanager talking very quietly just as I left by the front door, as school had finished for the day. They said something about planes crashing into a tower.

I assumed it was a terrible accident and thought no more about it. Then half an hour after I got home, I remembered and switched on the telly. Every channel had the pictures on. My husband was working in another room so I called him in urgently, even though he said 'what?' We just stood there staring at the vision of hell which was New York, everything on fire, smoke pouring everywhere. Exhausted firefighters and police officers were actually crying, and people helping each other kindly, covered in ash and blood.

The next day I drove to work in shock. I worked in a big city and the first thing I saw from the motorway was smoke pouring out of the city. I gasped in horror, then realised that luckily it was from a chimney or something, and was totally normal.

All the children at school were subdued and upset, obviously old enough to know something terrible had happened.We had a special service at the attached church, and although from very rough deprived areas, all the kids sat quietly and listened. I don't think any of them thought it was a film.

I didn't actually hear about it till about 6pm, 5 hours after the planes hit or so. Was at school, but no one mentioned anything on the way home, all as ignorant as each other, then I got home, made myself dinner and went out to play football, and it wasn't till we were all out and some people mentioned it and it was like "I've not heard anything about it".

However, I believe that tomorrow may be 10th anniversary since I first started watching Home and Away as well. The following day I was getting a bit bored with the 24 hour rolling news and Five were the first to go back to normal I believe and so I ended up watching Home and Away, around Episode 2900 and kind of got hooked.

Like others have said, it does provide a good pointer to where you were 10 years ago or so in your life and how things have changed, from a optimistic teenager to someone in their 20's with life moving by every day.

I can't believe it's been 10 years I remember watching it on TV when I was like 11 and it's hard to forget now as it was the same day as my step-brother's birthday he would of been around 13.

Archived