The Honeymoon's Over (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Zetti

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY enjoyable, especially …..

 “Plus, you’re not looking at the bigger picture.Three months’ time, when they’re too big to go out, we can remind them of this and have a lads’ night out!”George gave an indignant burble, apparently having decided he’d been ignored long enough.“Keep quiet about it and you can come too,”Ric told him

 Dexter placed the plate in front of her.“Meat pie and chips.I was planning to make something cool but… then I remembered I don’t know how.”

 “I’ve told Ric I want two nights a week to myself,”Matilda agreed.

“Romeo left alone in charge of a baby,”Ruby mused,“That’s kind of a frightening thought when you think about it.”

 Ric put an arm round his shoulder.“Trust me, she’s thought about it.She’s probably decided what wedding dress she’d wear, what songs she wants for the reception, that’s what girls do.”

 “And if there were any small imperfections, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.”

 “Nope, just high on life!”She kissed him again.“How about taking me home and reminding me how I got pregnant?”

Romeo nodded.“How did we get lumbered with this, anyway?”

“Well, I guess we need the practice.”

“True,”Romeo conceeded.

“Plus, you’re not looking at the bigger picture.Three months’ time, when they’re too big to go out, we can remind them of this and have a lads’ night out!”George gave an indignant burble, apparently having decided he’d been ignored long enough.“Keep quiet about it and you can come too,”Ric told him.

:lol: The babysitters weren't so bad.

I'm glad Dexter and April went well. Dexter did a great job organising everything. I'm a bit concerned about April though. I wonder what is up with her. :unsure:

The girls had a great time, which is great. They'd better enjoy it now because when the babies come, they won't often have the opportunity to go out. At least, not in the beginning

More please.

I am trying not to like Dex & April..but damn I am actually warming to them...

Ah.Sorry.That's the problem with my "No character assassinations" rule:Having to portray characters and couples I don't like on the show in a positive light.Sometimes I'm too good at it...

Thanks for the comments, everyone.Don't know when I'll have another update ready, probably next week some time.

Awesome update, not sure what ruby and Romeo were expecting. Enjoy that Ric and Roo are interacting and Alf has had some good page time which is an added bonus. Would be good if the show would/could (re)introduce some more Stewarts. Love the idea of them having their family business as well, Duncan would be so jealous.

REALLY COOOOOOOOL update, especially ….

 Ruby felt Romeo squeeze her hand tighter and was glad of his presence.“Yeah, that’s right,”she confirmed.

“Well, I suppose it had to happen one day.”

Ruby felt stung.“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 “It’s just so unfair though,”Matilda complained,“You worked hard to get your apprenticeship, you should be able to use it.”

 “He’s a proud person, Dad, he wants to support his family, not sponge off you and Miles.And it can’t be much fun for Matilda either, feeling like she’s dumped all this on us.”

 “Well, yeah, we’re together now but that’s not gonna last.I mean, you and Dexter are made for each other, everyone says so.You’ve got that weird quirky-sense-of-humour-that-no-one-else-gets thing going on. Whereas Indi’s smart and at college and I’m…here.”

 Ric and Mattie exchanged a frustrated glance.“Do we have to walk much further, Mr.Stewart?”Mattie asked,“’Cos I think my ankles are swelling up.”

 Ric looked back at Alf and smiled.“The boss has spoken.”

Alf grinned.“Now you’re learning how this works.”