When I Look At You

Guest Lucii

Thanks for the comments! Here's the next part x

I think my main focus is on Charlie/Brax Indi/Romeo and Bianca/Liam but the other couples I’ll write about will be April/Dex, Ruby/Casey and Tegan/Heath just maybe not as frequent as the others.

Chapter Seven – Bianca and Harvey come home

Bianca Murphy gazed down on her three-day old son as he slept peacefully wrapped in a white blanket. She’d been given the all-clear to go home early that morning and was looking forward to showing her pride and joy off to Summer Bay. Liam walked through the door first armed with blankets, nappies and dummies as he winked at the guests in the house waiting anxiously for Bianca to walk in. Brax held Charlie close by the waist nuzzling her hair as she talked to Leah and Miles. April was helping Bianca out of the car and Dex was becoming the third wheel in VJ and Lily’s conversation. Indi was desperate to know how much childbirth hurt as well as a bunch of questions she was due to ask as she pestered Romeo to keep checking to see whether Bianca was arriving any sooner. Bianca walked in dressed in her maternity dress, her hair was scraped back into a bun and she wore little make-up but she looked so happy as she gazed down at her son. She was so lost that it took her a moment to recognise that there was more than just Liam, April and Dex present. The tears streamed down her face as her emotions got the better of her while pretty much every female of Summer Bay cooed over the baby. Brax stayed close, his arms never left Charlie’s waist as he touched her stomach lovingly. She knew what he was thinking but at the same time she wanted to enjoy her engagement. Hurriedly Charlie beckoned Bianca to one side of the room while Brax moped off to find Casey.

”Woah what’s with the secrecy Buckton?” Bianca’s eyes widened as Charlie’s face broke out into a huge smile.

Charlie held up her left hand to her face showing off the gleaming diamond ring. Bianca squealed which surprised the rest of the guests while Charlie tried to shush Bianca as she went into wedding overdrive.

”Oh my god Buckton...I mean Braxton! What? Where? How?”

Charlie laughed as she blushed and laughed like a silly schoolgirl.

”He proposed on the beach”

”Oh my god that’s soooo romantic” Bianca squealed again for good measure and took Charlie’s hand and dragged her to the middle of the room.

”Bianca no we haven’t told no one yet”

”Oh Buckton kill a lot of birds with one stone. Everyone knows then this way”

Her eyes gleamed as she shushed everyone who was talking. Brax joined Charlie’s side and held her hand.

”Charlie and Brax have something they’d like to say” She said as everyone looked around in confusion. Ruby ushered Casey nearer to where her mum and Brax were standing. Leah and Miles looked on in confusion while Liam grinned at Brax.

”Well erm” Charlie bit her lip nervously as she gazed into Brax’s eyes.

She broke her hand off from Brax’s and held it up to her face. The ring sparkled.

”I proposed to Charlie earlier and she said yes” Brax said stroking his girlfriends face. Cheers and applause surrounded the room as Ruby rushed straight over to where her mum was standing admiring the ring Brax brought her. Everyone congratulated Brax and Charlie as Harvey woke from his nap. Bianca sneaked off to the kitchen in need of a drink while a 6 month pregnant Indigo Walker followed her, desperate to hear her childbirth story.

”So Bianca I’m just gonna jump straight in here. Was birth painful? Because seriously I don’t think I could handle it”

”Of course it’s painful. But when you see your baby for the first time, you get to hold them and feed them and look at them. It’s the best feeling in the world and giving birth is totally worth it.”

”That’s so sweet! How is he for sleeping/feeding?” Indigo persisted as Bianca smiled.

”He’s great, he sleeps mostly which I’m relieved about. I just dread when he’s a teen and I’ll be forcing him up at 3pm on a Saturday” The pair laughed and Bianca looked down at Indi’s blooming stomach.

”Not long for you either is it? Do you know what you’re having?” She asked as Indi cradled her stomach affectionately.

”Yeah I do I’m having a little girl in around 3 months”Indi smiled.

”That’s so sweet! Have you thought of a name yet?”

”Yeah Evie Juliet...hey maybe her and Harvey will date in a few years!” Indi laughed as Bianca’s faced dropped.

”Not a chance girlie. He’s not ever getting a girlfriend!”

”That’ll be the same for Evie if her daddy put’s her foot down”

The paid laughed as they walked back into the living room. Liam held Harvey and passed him to Bianca who sat in the space between Liam and April. Everyone stood or crouched near them, passing them presents and cards as the whole of Summer Bay celebrated the new arrival.

”Thanks so much you guys...I have the best friends ever!” She gushed as everyone cheered. She passed Harvey over to Charlie as her and Brax gazed over at him. As Bianca opened more presents Charlie turned around to Brax carefully as Harvey stared up at her with his big blue eyes.

”You know what we were talking about...Us and having kids”

”Yes” He replied. ”Why”

”I’ve been thinking about it”

”Really?” He smiled showing off his dimples.

”Yeah and once we get married if you’re still up for it then maybe we could...”

Brax grinned as he kissed Charlie’s forehead.

”Are you sure baby”

”Yes of course I am. I love you and I want to be your wife and the mother of your children and the grandmother of our children’s children and...”

But before she could continue Brax leant in to kiss her carefully as she held Harvey.

”I love you so much Miss Buckton...soon to be Mrs Braxton” He winked as Charlie laughed.

”That’s definitely going to take some getting used to!”

”So’s a new baby...but we’ll make it work” he replied. ”Hey maybe we should sneak out and well you know”

Charlie laughed and shook her head.

”Charlie!” He gazed at her with puppy dog eyes. ”Please!”

She tortured him by now saying anything for a little bit but winked at him before handing Harvey over to Bianca.

”I’m sorry Bee but we’re going to have to go. I don’t feel well at all” She mumbled nervously but her excuses didn’t work.

”Have fun baby-making Buckton” Bianca winked as Charlie blushed again. ”See you soon!”

But Charlie was already gone having shouting goodbyes to anyone she passed, Brax dragged her hand as they ran out of the door laughing and smiling. They were so in love but would it go horribly wrong?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived