When I Look At You

Guest Lucii

Story Title: When I look at you

Type of story: Medium/Long

Main Characters: Charlie/Brax, Romeo/Indi

Others: Casey/Ruby, Dex/April Miles/Leah Liam/Bianca & Heath/Tegan (basically most of the cast :P)

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Drama & Romance.

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: No

Summary: Set in five years time we see a bunch of loved up couples engaged, married, expecting children or have had children. They think they're happy but only one couple lives happy ever after (god I made that sound like a horror story...no I meant was that only one couple will survive the rocky ride of their relationship

Chapter One – Romeo and Indigo Smith, Dexter Walker and April Scott

July 2011

They had stepped through the door fresh and glowing from their trip to Hawaii, happily in love and married. They were welcomed warmly by Indi’s family who were thrilled to hear their tales of Hawaii. As Indi recited their “perfect” day for what felt like the one millionth and ten thousandth time, Dex found himself glaring at his phone wishing for anybody to save him from the pit of despair. Well not anyone actually, he only wanted the one person to ever text him. Miss April Scott.

5 YEARS LATER

Romeo and Indigo smith sat on the couch in the Walker household. Indi Smith lay on Romeo’s lap as he stroked her hair with his other hand firmly on her stomach.

”You know Romeo the baby isn’t going to disappear if you take your hand away from my stomach”

”Oh..hormonal Indi. I’m sorry baby I love you”

”Go make me a sandwich” She glared at Romeo who seemed amused at her angriness but didn’t move. Her carefully sat Indi upright keeping hold of her stomach which caused him the death looks so he stopped as soon as he felt she was safe. He got up and headed to the kitchen almost colliding with April Scott who behind her had Dex clinging to her by the waist.

”April, I’m sorry sweetie but you seem to have a nerd attached to you”

”I’m going to ignore that comment made my preggozilla over there...can I get you a drink?” Dex directed this to April.

”YES!” Indi exclaimed before April had the chance to reply. ”I will have a cola with ice in a glass and a few lemon wedges around the side. Do not open the cola!”

”I was talking to April actually...and when did I become your personal slave oh dear sweet charming sister?”

”Since you could walk and made me my drink...MOVE!”

Dex took April’s hand and led her to the kitchen where Romeo was making Indi a sandwich. He chucked April a can of Cola before hastily making Indi’s drink. Romeo laughed as Dex pulled faces at Indi oblivious to anything in the kitchen.

”I swear that is not a baby that is the devil!”

”Hey that’s my little girl you’re talking about and you’re niece. But I agree as soon as hormonal Indi goes back to being normal Indi the sooner I can get out of the kitchen. This isn’t a place for a man!”

”Typical guy. So sexist” April muttered and Romeo grinned. Dex and Romeo presented Indi with her sandwich and drink before backing off sharpish incase she became hormonal again. She devoured the sandwich and guzzled the drink and as she was doing so she noticed the stares of the others in the room.

”What?” she raised her voice to make the others squirm. ”I am eating for two!”

”Two or two hundred” Dex muttered to April. April giggled lightly much to the annoyance of Indi. She turned her head to April and smiled sweetly.

”Do share the joke April?” which was returned by a polite shake of the head from April. April quickly changed the subject to something happier but still on the subject of pregnancy.

”So Indi, Romeo have you thought of any baby names yet?”

”No we haven’t have we babes?” Romeo smiled at Indi. ”But she’s 6months gone so we should start soon”

”What about now?” April suggested. ”It means Dex and I can help out!”

”Living the dream here April” muttered Dex. ”Living the dream”

Romeo found the baby books that Sid had gave them when he first found out their news while April switched on Dex’s laptop.

”Whatever you do Sis don’t give devil child some ridiculous celebrity style name. It really isn’t cool”

”This is coming from the nerd called Dexter” Indi retaliated and Dex pretended to look offended.

”This is coming from the girl whose name is a colour of the rainbow”

”Rainbows are pretty!”

”Guys...GUYS!” Romeo interrupted the spat before Indi ended up smashing something...presumably Dex’s head against a wall. ”Baby names let’s go!”

”How about Abigail” Dexter replied having snatched one of the baby books and flicking through it.

”Dex you can’t just choose the first name out of the baby book” April replied.

”Maybe I just like the name Abigail”

”Do you like the name Abigail?”

”No”

”Then keep looking”

Indi looked through another baby book admiring all the cute names and their meanings.

”What about Violet”

”I can see the future...Violet Smith picked on every day in class because mother picks stupid name” Dex rolled his eyes causing death glares from Indi.

As she began to speak Romeo butted in.

”We already have one purple associated name in the house so no more!” He and April laughed and April searched the internet.

”I like Peyton” she announced to the surprise of Indi and Romeo. Dex glanced over to see what April was looking at.

”You can’t choose a baby’s name because it has the same name as your favourite character from one tree hill” he said and April grinned.

”But Peyton’s such a pretty name!” she protested as Dex shut down the one tree hill website.

”Thanks April but we just want a nice suitable name for that goes with Smith” Romeo replied.

Romeo, Dex and April continued to look for baby names calling them out as they please.

”Cassie?”

”No” Indi replied

”Rosie?”

”No” Indi replied

”Ruby?” Dex said next.

”NO!”” Indi and Romeo exclaimed together. Dex just shrugged and continued to look through more names.

”Jane?” April suggested.

”Plain” Indi shrugged.

They spent the next hour calling out baby names only for them to be rejected by Indi. April was sure she’d looked at every name on the internet and that her vision was starting to blur. Dex kept making sly remarks about Indi’s pickiness and Romeo had his arms wrapped around Indi’s belly. More and more names were called out and when it wasn’t Indi knocking them back it was Romeo. April was sure she’d possibly looked at every name on the internet before exclaiming I give up! But Dex remained silent flicking through another baby book. He spoke eventually.

”Evie Juliet Smith” he exclaimed at last looking round to see what the others thought of his name suggestion. Romeo’s face broke out into a huge smile.

”Dex that’s perfect!” he exclaimed before both guys looked at Indi for approval. To their relief she was smiling too and got up to hug her brother.

”That name is so beautiful” she smiled as she hugged Dex. April got up at the same time and kissed Dex on the cheek. Dex stood in their front room flustered and flushed as April tidied the baby books away. Then they four youngsters sat on the couch watching TV with all their thoughts focused on the baby kicking away in Indi’s stomach

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like it...let me know if it's worht continuing and next chapter will be Chax x

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start. I'm really hoping that Brax and Charlie are the couple who manage to stay together, but from the looks of how happy both of those couples were in the chapter, I'm not so sure. Really cute how protective Romeo is of Indi and the baby though, and I absolutely loved the interactions between Dex and Indi. More soon please :).

Thanks for the comments x Sorry it's quite short :)

Chapter Two - Charlie Buckton and Darryl Braxton

Charlie Buckton had returned from her three week police course. As she stepped in the door of Angelo’s she noticed her boyfriend Brax serving at the bar. He glanced up and grinned as he noticed Charlie and came out of the bar to where she was standing. He smiled stroking her hair and cuddling her.

”I’ve missed you” Charlie sighed her head on Brax’s chest. Brax kissed the top of her head and squeezed his girlfriend tight never wanting to let her go.

”I’ve missed you too sexy” He pushed Charlie away from him still holding her hands as he lent in for a passionate kiss. As they kissed they noticed Casey appear alongside them with his girlfriend Ruby.

”Guys get a room” He replied glancing at the loved up couple. ”It’s putting the customers off their food” Brax grinned and pulled Charlie in at the waist and both Casey and Ruby smiled.

”We have a room...and it’ll be getting used tonight” Brax cheekily said as he forgot Ruby was standing next to them.

”Gross” She muttered laughing and the four looked at one another and burst out laughing.

”He meant for sleeping Rubes” she grinned looking directly at Brax. ”Didn’t you babes?”

”Of course what kind of man do you take me for!” He looked offended as Charlie playfully punched his arm and Ruby and Casey grinned at one another.

Charlie wriggled free of Brax’s arms and pulled her daughter in for a hug while Casey and Brax looked on.

”I missed you mum” Ruby said still in the hug. ”Even if it was only for three weeks I still missed you”

”I missed you too Rubes”

Ruby pulled away from the hug and held Casey’s hand. They told Brax and Charlie that they’d be going to the beach for a surf and that they’ll get dinner when they got home. When Charlie decided to go public with Brax they had thought it best if they all moved in to Nicole’s old place with Roman. Ruby and Casey shared a room which worried Charlie at first but as soon as she was reassured she decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Charlie shared with Brax and both were glad that they could finally fall asleep in each others arms. Brax took Charlie’s hand and led her to the bar. He picked her up as she squealed and placed her on one of the chairs giving her a slight kiss before pulling away grinning which he could tell annoyed Charlie. He then went behind the bar while Charlie wondered where the rest of her kiss was.

”So what can I get for you?” he asked Charlie.

”I’ll have a white wine and a beer for my boyfriend”

”Where is he? I’ll kill him” He grinned showing off his dimples and poured Charlie a large white wine and got himself a beer. He looked at the clock before calling out to one of the nearby workers that he was going to take his break. Before Charlie could finish her wine he took her hand as they laughed and giggled on the way back to their place. Before entering he took Charlie in his arms, carrying her like they’d just arrived home from their honeymoon. Charlie laughed as she kissed Brax’s neck.

”It’s like we’ve just got off our honeymoon” She kissed him and ran her fingers through his hair as he sat her down on the couch before sitting down next to her. He turned to her and kissed her, his hand progressing further up her thigh until he reached her panties. He removed them with no difficulty as Charlie removed his shirt and threw it on the floor.

”We should continue this upstairs” She said looking cautiously at the door. ”Just in case”

Brax nodded and kissed Charlie with a lot more force as her legs entwined around his waist. He picked her up and quickly they ran upstairs like a pair of love struck teenagers. They continued to undress one another not wanting to break off from the kiss as they were just blissfully happy to be back in each others arms.

Wow. Only just got the chance to read this.

What an amazing couple of chapters to start the fic & the summary sounds amazing.

I am looking forward to seeing where you take this story becasue already, it has started out so fantastic!

Absolutely amazing.

I love the character interaction, description, just everything.

Very well written.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Archived