Roo and Marilyn have been ruined for me - similar experiences?

Guest matty

I dunno, I think the Kirsty and Kane ship has well and truly sailed.They might still have their fans but Kirsty had moved on, she wasn't the naive 17-year-old who thought love could solve everything, she realised Kane couldn't give her and Ollie the stability they needed.I expect she's still in contact with him but I don't think she'd go back there.It's a shame we're unlikely to see her and Miles reunited because they did make a good couple in my opinion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I see with Marilyn is that I'm not sure that Leah, Irene etc. are actually aware she's returned to the bay and especially Irene, that is someone who she should be interacting with. Whilst not everyone in the cast needs to be bosom buddies, Marilyn appeared with Alf and Miles for her first 100 episodes and now seems to only appear with Sid and Nicole. If you look at the early years episodes, look how smoothly the cast slips around one another. This past week Lance has a story which involves him, Sally and Celia. It lasted 2 episodes and was all a bit silly, but that's what helps build the structure of the show. Every now again, Lance and Celia would get involved in a few scenes, it wouldn't usually go very far.

Look at the mid 90's, and what made it so good perhaps was that you could imagine Marilyn in the diner having a chat with many of the cast. Her recent return has written her into one location, that is the middle of nowhere.

I think if you're to change a solid, complete ending of a past character you need to ensure that this new future is worth it. Gypsy/Will was a 4 year love story. We nearly had it ended by a couple of lines in 2003 and whilst 2010 might have been believable it soils those past episodes.

The worst was when Steven and Selina were broken up in 2003 just so that Steven could ask Sally if she was marrying the right man.

I can't agree with you more...

I dunno, I think the Kirsty and Kane ship has well and truly sailed.They might still have their fans but Kirsty had moved on, she wasn't the naive 17-year-old who thought love could solve everything, she realised Kane couldn't give her and Ollie the stability they needed.I expect she's still in contact with him but I don't think she'd go back there.It's a shame we're unlikely to see her and Miles reunited because they did make a good couple in my opinion.

Yes that may be the case but look what happened with Miles and Leah when it seemed the Miles and Leah ship had sailed they got together same with Mattie and Ric. Kirsty and Kane were one of the shows most popular couples it dosent make any sense that the writers broke them up in the first place.

• 8 months later...

Yes that may be the case but look what happened with Miles and Leah when it seemed the Miles and Leah ship had sailed they got together same with Mattie and Ric. Kirsty and Kane were one of the shows most popular couples it dosent make any sense that the writers broke them up in the first place.

When Kirsty left she finally was reunited with her family. Who she came into the show with. And thats far more important with than the teenage obsession she had with Kane.

Far nicer than when she left the first time on the run. I am glad he story arc didnt end there.

Archived