Don't Put Your Face Into Your Hands (by Jen) - comments

Miranda

Ohhh!Thank goodness, kind of, I was worried you really had had Dexter kill Heath rather than wandering off into a parallel universe for a bit.Well written anyway, loved Dexter stammering that they need to call someone while Casey just wants to run.So somewhere out in the multiverse, our boys are now hunted fugitives, relying on each other to survive and keeping more secrets than anyone around them suspects.I can deal...

Yeah, I couldn't do that to *this* story. Although, now it's like I have a fanfic of a fanfic, which is just completely bizarre. But yes, I may or may not have ideas for planning a spinoff where the boys are running away together, and sleeping in abandonned warehouses and just focussing on not getting caught, until one night ... I don't know. I haven't planned any further.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Jen :lol: :lol: Thanks so much for that! hahaha. I wrote a section as well, but didn't want to post it in case it was the wrong thing to do, however, now I can.

(this bit goes before yours):

Outside Casey's house. Dex is pacing up and down anxiously

Dex (on phone): Romeo, help! Heath's beating up Casey, can't you come and stop him?

Romeo (in a strop): Well its not my problem anymore. Casey's your problem now, you think of something! (slams phone down)

Dex (thinking): What does he mean, Casey's my problem now? Unless- oh! (he suddenly has a revelation and rushes back into the house)

Grabbing his laptop, he smashes it onto Heath's head. Heath collapses onto the floor instantly and Dex's jaw drops.

Edited by Miranda

Just on a completely unrelated note.... Jen, have you seen that film Thelma and Louise? Its about two trailer trash women on a fun weekend, one is attacked by a violent man. The other one defended her by killing the man. They then steal a car, go on the run from the law across America, robbing stores for money and supplies, shoot men who try and hurt them etc.

Its a great film, a good plot to show an oppressed minority fighting back against the phobic majority. Could really do with updating to another type of minority and another continent with vast open spaces.

Casey can drive can't he? Probably learn to shoot a gun too. You should watch the film. Great ideas.

Just sayin.... :wink:

Oh Jen. Thanks so much for that! hahaha. I wrote a section as well, but didn't want to post it in case it was the wrong thing to do, however, now I can.

(this bit goes before yours):

Outside Casey's house. Dex is pacing up and down anxiously

Dex (on phone): Romeo, help! Heath's beating up Casey, can't you come and stop him?

Romeo (in a strop): Well its not my problem anymore. Casey's your problem now, you think of something! (slams phone down)

Dex (thinking): What does he mean, Casey's my problem now? Unless- oh! (he suddenly has a revelation and rushes back into the house)

Grabbing his laptop, he smashes it onto Heath's head. Heath collapses onto the floor instantly and Dex's jaw drops.

Hehe. Glad you liked. I wasn't expecting to write any more for this pairing, but then your prompt got me thinking and I just spurted that all out. Oops. I like your piece too.

Thank you for not actually killing Heath ... nearly had a heart attack until I then read the note at the end ...

No, I wouldn't kill Heath. I very rarely do death in fics, because I just can't seem to write it. Initially I didn't have that little footnote, but then realised you might get confused. So, yeah. That's a little snippet that isn't actually part of the plot of this fic. So, you don't even have to read it. Heath is not dead.

Just on a completely unrelated note.... Jen, have you seen that film Thelma and Louise? Its about two trailer trash women on a fun weekend, one is attacked by a violent man. The other one defended her by killing the man. They then steal a car, go on the run from the law across America, robbing stores for money and supplies, shoot men who try and hurt them etc.

Its a great film, a good plot to show an oppressed minority fighting back against the phobic majority. Could really do with updating to another type of minority and another continent with vast open spaces.

Casey can drive can't he? Probably learn to shoot a gun too. You should watch the film. Great ideas.

Just sayin.... :wink:

I know of it, but haven't seen it. Sounds like it definitely has ... possibilities.

Is that the one where they drive off the edge of a canyon, or something? :unsure:

Great chapter. :D Phew glad you didn't kill Heath off! :lol: Update soon xx

Thanks, Sarah! Just re-iterating, that isn't actually a chapter in this story. It's a little distraction if anything. So don't take it as part of the story. Just pretend it never happened.

Is that the one where they drive off the edge of a canyon, or something? :unsure:

Yes, but obviously if 'someone' writes another version, it doesn't have to end that way. Driving off together into the sunset is always possible...

Wow.That was brilliant.I love how Dexter was up front with Casey and tried to help him out in his own weird Dexter way.And that Casey was then a bit more honest than he expected back.Really looking forward to seeing where you take this!