Don't Put Your Face Into Your Hands (by Jen) - comments

Miranda

Clearly, these are my priorities in life. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Give up worrying about it. You'll be like that for life, believe me, but nothing wrong with it. Better than being a serial killer or something :blink:

I wouldn't worry about it, I was like that as well with Mirror Of Love

Not worried ^_^. Not when have you awesome people writing all these wonderful comments. You are enablers, all of you :P.

Hehee well if you will write addictive fics then it happens :lol::P

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gosh.The beginning of that, with Dexter seeing the blog results and getting excited about it, was brilliantly funny.And then the ending with Dexter walking in on Casey being beaten up and not knowing how to deal with it was brilliant in another way.I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take this.

See, Dex love, this is where you have to DO something. Preferrably involving a big heavy object and Heath's head.

(~Start of fantasy sequence~ Then, Heath would fall down dead in a pool of blood, Casey would swear undying love to you, you'd both become fugitives from the law, run off together to Mexico and live happily ever after. Scorchio.

And Casey, if you were still with Romeo, this wouldn't happen. Romeo would just wade in there and sort Heath out with fisticuffs. ~End of fantasy sequence~)

Anyway.... back to reality :lol:

I like this bit:

Dex helps Casey pass English, and Casey translates Dex’s research into mildly entertaining presentations for their Science class. They are definitely not friends.

Not friends maybe, but definitely becoming a team of some sort.

I really hope Dex does do something to help Casey, can't he use his vast intelligence to prevent Heath hurting him? I felt so sorry for poor Casey, with no indication of WHY Heath is beating him up. Poor kid :(

Good going Jen, your fic has a definite emotional effect on me.

Edited by Miranda

Read the last two chapters. Both brilliant, as usual. And I guess there's not much left for me to say but mirror everybody else's comments.

Also, another Harry Potter reference! What are you trying to do, turn this into the most awesome fic that I've ever read :P.

Red Ranger - Thank you. Dex finally gets what he wants - viral success. Arguably, he's not a loser anymore - but it comes at a cost, I guess. I realisation that not all is well. No matter how it appears.

Zetti - Wow. Thank you for saying that. I only wish the show would go down this road! :P

Miranda - You'll see more of Dex's reaction in the next part. Sorry I made you emotional. *Hands Miranda cookies*

JarlieFanEver - Thank you for reading.

Luc - <3 I do try :P. Kidding. I wanted to fabricate so many video comments, seriously. HP references are just so ingrained that they happen without me realising it :D.

See, Dex love, this is where you have to DO something. Preferrably involving a big heavy object and Heath's head.

(~Start of fantasy sequence~ Then, Heath would fall down dead in a pool of blood, Casey would swear undying love to you, you'd both become fugitives from the law, run off together to Mexico and live happily ever after. Scorchio.

And Casey, if you were still with Romeo, this wouldn't happen. Romeo would just wade in there and sort Heath out with fisticuffs. ~End of fantasy sequence~)

You shouldn’t post prompts in my own fanfic thread, because then things like this happen :unsure: .

--

Casey looks up at Dex’s face, his wide eyes, pale skin, and God, is that blood? On Dex’s hands, he haphazardly attempts to wipe it off, onto his white school shirt. It seems to just spread, making it more obvious.

Heath is lying motionless on the floor, liquid -- crimson -- pooling around his ear. And Casey feels his knees give way. He crumbles to the floor, letting his head rest back on the wall, eyes closed.

“Oh God. Oh my God. Oh God. I’m s -- I’m so sorry. I’m sorry, God.” Dex is beginning to panic.

Casey thinks he should be feeling something. Anything. But everything happened so fast. Casey spying Dex just inside his front door, as Heath dealt another blow to Casey’s cheek. It was hard, and there was a definite crack, but Casey refused to cry. He wasn’t a girl, he wouldn’t give Heath the satisfaction of knowing that it hurt, that this was affecting him. Heath was always giving him crap about “toughening up” and “not taking any sh*t”. If he saw any sign of weakness, then it would only fuel the fire.

Something snapped, and as fast as Heath was to notice Dex standing there, Dex was just as swift. And the next thing Casey knows, Heath is on the floor and Dex is behind him, laptop cracked and held above his head.

Now, the realisation of what has happened is hitting them both. Dex pacing, gripping onto his computer for dear life, while Casey forces his eyes open to see his panicked expression.

“Dex.”

“Oh God, I’m sorry.”

“Dex!”

“I’m sorry -- I just. I just --”

“DEX!”

Dex stalls, head snapping around to face Casey. There’s silence, the world standing still for a moment. An ironic sense of peace passing between them.

“He was hurting you,” Dex says quietly, finally.

“I know,” Casey replies.

Against his better judgement, Casey sees Dex flick his eyes down to Heath. With just a simple glance, all remaining colour in Dex’s face seems to drain.

“We should --“ He’s struggling now, the boy with a million and one quick quips, is at a loss for words.

“-- Run.”

“What? No, call someone.”

“We have to go.”

“-- Call the police --“

“-- We can’t stay --“

“-- An ambulance --“

“-- He’s dead, Dex.”

“No, no no no. I didn’t mean to, I swear.”

“I know that.” Casey slowly gets to his feet, on shaky legs. “But no one else does.”

Heath is dead, and Dex -- accidental or not -- was the one who killed him. And they wouldn’t just have the police after them, but the rest of the River Boys too. Heath was influential, he knew a lot of people, and once they found out he was gone, well. Dex and Casey would be at the top of their hit list.

“We have to go,” Casey says again, this time more urgently, as Dex makes no move to follow him as Casey steps around Heath and towards the door. “Dex, come on.”

“What? No. No, I can’t.”

He looks like a child, Casey sees. Dex is still gripping onto his laptop, knuckles impossibly white, clutching it tightly to his chest, a subconscious attempt to hide the stain -- the evidence. His eyes are wide, but blank, no flicker of recognition, and he’s staring at Casey, with this expression that makes Casey’s heart ache. He wants to fix it, to tell Dex that it’ll all be okay. But he can’t.

So he does what he can.

“We’re leaving, Dex,” Casey says, more forceful, reaching out and grabbing hold of Dex’s wrist. It fits into Casey’s palm easily, and Casey can see Dex suck in a short, quick breath.

They are running and running, with Casey holding on to Dex, not looking back, not bothering to close the door behind them.

At some point, Casey’s fingers move from Dex’s wrist to his hand, and their fingers interlock, grounding them to each other. Holding together the only thing that is still intact, while the rest of their worlds break and spiral out of control.

--

EDIT: Just in case there is any confusion, this is an added bonus, not part of the actual story. *Sigh* These boys need to get out of my head.

Edited by Jen

Ohhh!Thank goodness, kind of, I was worried you really had had Dexter kill Heath rather than wandering off into a parallel universe for a bit.Well written anyway, loved Dexter stammering that they need to call someone while Casey just wants to run.So somewhere out in the multiverse, our boys are now hunted fugitives, relying on each other to survive and keeping more secrets than anyone around them suspects.I can deal...