Don't Put Your Face Into Your Hands (by Jen) - comments

Miranda

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved this. I'll be back later to comment, I'm a bit tied up at the moment :lol:

Right, I'm back.

I liked the way Dex and Casey are kind of settling into a routine, and that Dex is the one helping in this while Casey is the one asking for help.

Also that Casey obviously envies Dex's homely house and hasn't had that before in his own life. Also the choice of literature they're studying- very appropriate. Can't remember the name of the book but I know the one it is, they made a film of it didn't they? :huh:

“Uh, that love and loss is universal. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Soc or a Greaser, all the young characters go through these emotions, and therefore it bridges the gap between the rich and poor. We’ve been through this, Dex.”

Brilliant quote. Sums up how Dex and Casey are and how they are going through it all right at the moment. Really clever, Jen :) And of course the hair metaphor, when Dex has just been running his hands through Casey's hair in a previous chapter.

A bit of a Forbidden Love theme introduced too:

because that would make him a nerd and on the same level as Dex, and no one is ready for that.

How are they ever going to get it together if Their Love Is Forbidden? :( But that is the best kind of love in fiction of course....

At a tangent, good news for Dex. My daughter just saw my avatar of Romeo and said she loves him now. She's always liked blonds, she used to love Lucas. So Dex can relax now :lol:

Edited by Miranda

Another awesome chapter. I loved Dex's characterisation in that update.

& I loved the interaction there between Dex & Casey too.

Well done.

Love Carina xxx

Well, thank you. <3

Sorry had not posted any comments! *bows head in shame* Had been reading the last two chapters and they are both great. Loved the interaction between Casey and Dex. Update soon xx

No worries. There's seriously no pressure to comment on anything I write. This is totally for fun, and anything you do comment on is just a bonus :).

Wow.You're bringing some nice moments of awkward uncertainty into their interaction, loving it.

I live for awkward moments.

Poindexter :lol:

Loving the chapter...

Like the fact that Casey isnt ready to show his emotions yet..

Poindexter was a last minute change before I posted this part, actually. Up to that point I had 'Genius' in it's place, but then I'd realised I'd already inadvertently used it, so needed to make a quick change. Glad you liked it though :).

Also that Casey obviously envies Dex's homely house and hasn't had that before in his own life. Also the choice of literature they're studying- very appropriate. Can't remember the name of the book but I know the one it is, they made a film of it didn't they?

Yeah, it's The Outsiders. I know they did make a film, but I haven't watched it. I read the book for the first time earlier this year, and the whole time I was thinking, 'Man, this would transfer so well into fic. There is so much slash in this story begging to be written.' Clearly, these are my priorities in life. I don't know what's wrong with me. Oh well, I was happy I could reference it in the story, and it did seem rather apt. With Casey coming from one side of the tracks, and Dex the other, and they are both trying to figure out what they have in common. That's essentially, what this story is about.

“Uh, that love and loss is universal. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Soc or a Greaser, all the young characters go through these
emotions, and therefore it bridges the gap between the rich and poor. We’ve been through this, Dex.”

Brilliant quote. Sums up how Dex and Casey are and how they are going through it all right at the moment. Really clever, Jen :) And of course the hair metaphor, when Dex has just been running his hands through Casey's hair in a previous chapter.

Thanks for catching that :wink:.

How are they ever going to get it together if Their Love Is Forbidden? But that is the best kind of love in fiction of course....

Isn't that half the fun? The world is against them, and yet they somehow overcome they odds. You'll have to wait and see whether that happens with this story, though ...

Clearly, these are my priorities in life. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Give up worrying about it. You'll be like that for life, believe me, but nothing wrong with it. Better than being a serial killer or something :blink:

I wouldn't worry about it, I was like that as well with Mirror Of Love

Clearly, these are my priorities in life. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Give up worrying about it. You'll be like that for life, believe me, but nothing wrong with it. Better than being a serial killer or something :blink:

I wouldn't worry about it, I was like that as well with Mirror Of Love

Not worried ^_^. Not when have you awesome people writing all these wonderful comments. You are enablers, all of you :P.