Don't Put Your Face Into Your Hands (by Jen) - comments

Miranda

Just caught up. Amazing. Yeah, I think that's the only way to describe this. And intense. Part five, especially. I'd give you a detailed rundown, like you did for my fic, but for some reason, all I can see is Dex applying hair gel to Casey. Funny, that.

The characterisation of both Dex and Casey is nothing short of fantastic, by the way.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, its suddenly got a bit hot in here (fans self with newspaper) :wub: I did wonder when Casey was going to 'wear something rebellious'.

This is completely fantastic, so realistic. Dex and Casey are so well described, I can just imagine all this happening. I'm not just flattering you, its brilliant. I will be back later to point out my favourite bits when I've recovered, if I can actually look at the screen without it melting :lol:

Right. (takes a deep, calming breath)

He certainly did not have time to notice how tall Casey actually was -- a good head taller than Dex -- or how his school shirt was just that bit tighter to show off his well defined body.

:wub: Dex noticing things at last.

and not down at the beach with the rest of his kind.

'the rest of his kind' :lol: Very well observed.

He ducks his head and scratches at the back of his neck with his hand.

another great observation. He's always doing that!

“My comments on Dex’s World are increasing by a factor of 2.7 every time I upload a new entry. By this time next week, I should hit double digits.” Dex has been tracking the progress of his blog intensely. Noting IP address, and frequency of comments, and overall number of views, Dex is aware that his viewership is increasing.

Casey shakes his head slightly, saying, “I wish I understood what you were saying.”

Firstly, Dex woffling on again made me laugh. Secondly, I wish I understood what Dex was saying :lol:

“Well, I had to think about something during all those other boring presentations. There are only so many times you can listen to someone explaining how a potato clock works.” Dex just nods, because he can’t tell whether Casey is kidding or not.

I think he is half kidding, I can just imagine him saying it!

a leather cuff with sharp, metal spikes protruding from it (which actually draw blood as Dex found out)

Sounds a bit kinky/ vampiric, in a good way.

before he pulls off his school tie and begins unbuttoning his shirt. Dex instinctively looks away, taking a very up-close look at the ingredients in the hair gel.

Dex hears Casey chuckle, “You don’t have to close your eyes.”

Against his better judgement Dex looks over at Casey, who has discarded his shirt on the back of a chair and is now standing in Dex’s kitchen in nothing but a white singlet. Obviously he is still wearing pants, but Dex isn’t exactly looking at that. Instead his eyes appear to be glued to Casey’s chest, and the very obvious outline of his shoulders and upper arm muscles.

Very good description of both Casey and Dex's observations.

Without knowing what he’s doing, Dex begins running his fingers through Casey’s hair.

Casey doesn’t say anything, so Dex just focuses on his fingers and the sweeping motion of dragging Casey’s hair away from his forehead until all the gel is gone. Dex was so intent on just not allowing his fingers to become glued to Casey’s scalp that he hadn’t noticed Casey close his eyes. His face is relaxed, breathing even, as Dex trails his hands over Casey’s new hair one last time before taking a step back. Casey’s eyelids flutter open, and Dex is just able to nod when he asks, “How does it look?”

:wub:

Casey lets out a chuckle. “Maybe let’s save that for the sequel,” and without another moment Dex hits record.

So there will be a sequel...! I think that might be dangerous as the heat generated might cause explosions to all readers :lol:

I just love the characterisation of Dex ... you observe him very well Jen, when you're watching H&A.

Because to write him, exactly how he is in words, is very difficult but obviously comes very naturally & easily to you ... well, that's how it comes across anyway.

Just absolutely fantastic & all I can say really is that I loved it so extremely well done once again.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

Edited by -Carina-

Wow!That was, um, slightly intense.Love the way you're writing this and the way Dexter suddenly seems to be beginning to notice Casey in a different way.Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Wow. Thank you so much. When I was writing this part, honestly, I didn't think it was that intense. Just a normal day at the offic, y'know. But gosh, it means so much that you like the sexual tension, because while it's not completely obvious to either of the boys at this point, I'm so glad you get it as a reader.

Just caught up. Amazing. Yeah, I think that's the only way to describe this. And intense. Part five, especially. I'd give you a detailed rundown, like you did for my fic, but for some reason, all I can see is Dex applying hair gel to Casey. Funny, that.

The characterisation of both Dex and Casey is nothing short of fantastic, by the way.

Oh Luc, thank you. Trust me, the hair kink is one of those things I didn't realise I had until I read it in a fic where one character cut another character's hair, and I was like, "ohmygoshthatisthehottestthingI'veeverread'. That is one of my favourite parts of this entire fic. Very intimate and charged, if I'm allowed to say that.

Crikey, its suddenly got a bit hot in here (fans self with newspaper) :wub: I did wonder when Casey was going to 'wear something rebellious'.

This is completely fantastic, so realistic. Dex and Casey are so well described, I can just imagine all this happening. I'm not just flattering you, its brilliant. I will be back later to point out my favourite bits when I've recovered, if I can actually look at the screen without it melting :lol:

*fans you aswell* I did have a lot of fun with this part. The hair transformation, getting all close and personal, and how Casey showing up would throw Dex completely off-kilter. I didn't intend for everything to be so kinky though ... Should I be worried? :P Thanks for the comment, and honestly, I don't understand why Dex is saying a lot of the time.

Actually, that is probably a lie. I understand Dex more than I probably should :blink:.

I just love the characterisation of Dex ... you observe him very well Jen, when you're watching H&A.

Because to write him, exactly how he is in words, is very difficult but obviously comes very naturally & easily to you ... well, that's how it comes across anyway.

Just absolutely fantastic & all I can say really is that I loved it so extremely well done once again.

Love Carina xxx

Thank you! <3 I haven't ever had a character that I've identified with so closely. Robbie Hunter was kind of like this, but Dex is just that much more intense and obscure, and I just adore him a whole lot for his social-ineptness. He's got this smart edge, where he just can't understand his own peers, but science and technology are second nature to him.

Dex is my attempt at being witty. I'm not sure if it's a success or not.

Whoa

That is one of the best hot sexy slash chapters that I have read in a very long time :wub:

Well done! x

That's sweet. Glad you liked. I just hoped I haven't peaked too early!