Don't Put Your Face Into Your Hands (by Jen) - comments

Miranda

They are hardly 'small boys' :lol::P

More like a road movie, constantly on the run from the law. Casey almost certainly knows about various types of crime, he could steal a car, steal other stuff, probably hold up a petrol station for the money... See, I'm doing it now :P A kind of Brokeback Mountain (with a happy ending) meets Thelma and Louise.

Yes, a glamorous big sky adventure would be more my cup of tea, but its your fic :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey would definitely take the lead. He's got into mischief before, so he's got no qualms about breaking a few laws here and there. Dex is sort of helpless and freaking out a lot of the time, and then something happens ... I don't know what, but it puts Casey out of action for whatever reason, and Dex has to do something he never thought he could/would do. Yeah, that's not very descriptive, but I'm maybe doing some broad plotting on paper when I'm not overwhelmed by reports.

I really shouldn't do this.

I really want to.

Last part will be up very shortly. Hope it lives up to the expectation/anticipation (If there is any) :).

That was a lovely fitting ending & it worked beautifully, the whole point of labelling people was a wonderful touch & made so much sense.

Casey & Dex ... their characterisation was amazing, well done.

A fantastic fanfiction, Jen & I really, really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing it.

Love Carina xxx :wub:

That was absolutely fantastic end to this fic.

I loved the way Casey was imaging Dex with his head in a book: made me smile

I hope you write more Casey/Dex soon enough :D

Well done and congrats on a really good fic :)

Aw what a sweet ending, nice and subtle. Well done Jen, you described and got into the heads of Dex and Casey perfectly. I liked the message at the end: don't judge people by how they appear externally :D

But, you can't leave it there my dear. They should definitely get in trouble and be forced to run away together, especially with the violence of Heath that Casey mentioned. Your last post about the potential storyline was spot on (hint hint) :wink:

I really loved the ending Jen. It was so optimistic and sweet. And as I said earlier, this is perhaps the most awesome fic I have ever read. I really enjoyed this fic, and I hope (well... can't wait until... :P) you write more Dex/Casey.

That was a lovely fitting ending & it worked beautifully, the whole point of labelling people was a wonderful touch & made so much sense.

Casey & Dex ... their characterisation was amazing, well done.

A fantastic fanfiction, Jen & I really, really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing it.

Love Carina xxx

You have been so complimentary throughout this entire fic, Carina. I can not say thank you enough. I'm glad you liked the ending. It's pretty understated in my opinion, but neither Dex or Casey are up for labels -- which is what the last blog echoes.

That was absolutely fantastic end to this fic.

I loved the way Casey was imaging Dex with his head in a book: made me smile

I hope you write more Casey/Dex soon enough.

Well done and congrats on a really good fic.

Casey takes pleasure in the simple things. He can't help it that he finds Dex so adorable :P. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Aw what a sweet ending, nice and subtle. Well done Jen, you described and got into the heads of Dex and Casey perfectly. I liked the message at the end: don't judge people by how they appear externally.

But, you can't leave it there my dear. They should definitely get in trouble and be forced to run away together, especially with the violence of Heath that Casey mentioned. Your last post about the potential storyline was spot on (hint hint) :wink:

*Phew!* I'm glad you like the ending. I figured if Dex has learned anything out of this whole story, it's that he shouldn't presume he knows what people are like based on how they appear on the outside. And what does Dex do when he figures something out? He blogs about it of course.

I definitely don't want to leave Casey/Dex alone after all of this. I think I've come to the conclusion that I ship Dex/Happiness, and right now I think that's Casey, so who knows?

I really loved the ending Jen. It was so optimistic and sweet. And as I said earlier, this is perhaps the most awesome fic I have ever read. I really enjoyed this fic, and I hope (well... can't wait until... :P) you write more Dex/Casey.

*hugs* Thank you so much. Wow, the most awesome fic, hey? I don't know how I'm going to live up to that title. Talk about pressure.

It seems like if I do write any more Casey/Dex at least a couple of you might read it. That's comforting to know -- That I'm not the only one on this crazy little shipping vessel all on my own.

As for future fics, the Casey/Dex on the run is definitely a strong contender. I also have a Romeo/Indi story that's almost complete, that I just sort of want to get over and done with because I'm not really feeling them anymore. They were much better as friends with UST, than boyfriend/girlfriend in my opinion. There is some side Casey/Dex in that story, so when that gets posted hopefully that will whet your appetites until I get something more substantial written.

Thank you so much again for all the cheerleading and awesome comments. I really do appreciate every single one of you who read this fic or parts of it ^_^.

I suddenly realised that you finished this during my weekend away and I didn't realise it.The librarians round here are too efficient...Liked the last chapter, nice subtle ending, no big declaration of feelings or plans for the future, just two people slightly reassessing each other.

I spent most of my Tuesday evening reading this story.

It. Was. Awesome confused0017.gif!

Throughout the story all characters stayed true and I have to say I was totally awww-ing towards the end. I wanna see this on screen damn it! Will have to read some of your other work now :wink: