A Time To Love

Guest Zetti

Chapter 21

‘Is she okay?’ Belle said as she ran into the hospital into Aden’s arms.

‘She’s fine, she was just really weak from the virus’ he said comforting her.

‘You sure?’

‘Yes, she needs to stay in for observations, but they said that’s just a formality’

Belle sat down and cried ‘I shouldn’t have left her alone’

Nate hugged his mum. ‘You weren’t to know’

Belle hugged him back ‘You are still grounded though, you deliberately disobeyed me’

‘Dad?’

‘No, your mum’s right, as much I hate Dean, you shouldn’t have punched him’

Nate sulked and walked off but he heard something.

‘Female, 16, found on the beach’

‘ID?’

‘Laura…’

Nate was stood there in shock, the next thing he knew, his father had pulled him to one side. ‘Are you okay?’

‘Was that…?’ Nate was still in shock. ‘Did I just…’ he couldn’t even finish off his own sentences.

‘Hold on, we don’t know if it is her’

Nate was still struggling to take it in. ‘Can you find out?’ he asked his father, he didn’t think he could actually utter the words. He already felt weak and he couldn’t see himself actually being able to say the words.

‘Just sit down’ Aden manoeuvred one of the chairs so that Nate could sit. ‘Breathe, I will find out’

Belle approached them. Aden gestured to come towards him ‘I think Laura has been brought in.’

Belle understood then why Nate looked like the grim reaper had turned up. ‘Do you want me to find out?’

‘I was going to’

‘I think Nate needs his dad right now’ she said with a smile. She touched his arm and made her way down the corridor.

‘Hi, a young girl was just brought in’ she said to a nurse who had just come out of one of the rooms where Belle had seen Laura wheeled into.

‘Sorry are you a relative?’

‘No, she is my sons’ girlfriend’ Belle wasn’t even sure if they were together but she didn’t care, Nate needed to know.

‘Right, well I can’t disclose any information about patients to anyone but their close family, sorry’ she said with a sad smile

Holly had just come around from the sedative; her eyes flickered around the room. She could barely make out the light let alone anything else.

She felt like a drum had been banging around her head. She tried to focus on something and she moved her hands to try and pull herself up.

‘Don’t strain yourself darling’ she heard her mother say as she moved towards her. ‘Your body is still really weak’

‘W..w…hat..h..ha…ppened?’

‘You fell down the stairs’

Holly tried to move. ‘Dad?’

‘He will be here soon, Shh don’t try to talk, just rest’

Aden walked in a few moments later… he moved towards the bed and touched Holly’s hand. ‘I’m here’

‘Nate?’

‘He will be here soon’ Aden said kissing her forehead. ‘Go to sleep, you need to rest’

Holly closed her eyes and slowly fluttered off to sleep.

‘Is Nate okay?’ Belle asked as Aden sat on the bed stroking Holly’s arm. He gestured for Belle to come towards him and he hugged her.

‘He’ll be fine; I managed to get Sid to let him see her’

‘So it is Laura’

Aden nodded. He moved onto the chair and Belle sat on his lap. ‘They are both going through so much, I wish I could make it better’ Belle sniffed.

He pulled her closer to him ‘We can’t, but we can be there, both of them are going to need us’

She smiled ‘What did I do to deserve you’

He smiled but instead of answering, he kissed her gently on the lips. She kissed him back tracing his jaw with her fingers.

He moaned ‘Not here’

Belle didn’t move her hands, she kissed him back. ‘She’s asleep’

‘Nate will come soon’ he said

Belle sighed as she moved away from him slightly. ‘Fine, but tonight?’

‘Definitely’ he said capturing her lips yet again.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22

Dean walked into the classroom the next morning a few minutes late. He was half expecting Nate to be sat in his seat but he wasn’t. He frowned as he sat down.

‘He’s not in’ he heard Craig say

‘I gathered that’ Dean said as he put his file on the table.

‘Holly was rushed to hospital, I heard Principal Copeland telling Miss Scott as we all came in’

Dean’s heart lurched out of his chest ‘is she okay?’ he said in a hushed whisper as Miss Scott called for silence

‘Don’t know, didn’t get a chance to hear anymore’ Craig said as he turned his attention back to Miss Scott.

‘Right, as you all aware, the language oral is focused on a conversation between two people but this year it is slightly different. It is going to be a debate’

The door opened and Nate walked in ‘Sorry for being late’

‘I wasn’t aware you were coming in’

‘I wasn’t going to but…’

‘Go and sit, as I was saying’ Miss Scott continued ‘the oral is going to be a debate with pairs’

‘Can we choose our own partners?’

‘No, this year, it will be chosen by the department.’

There was a resounding groan, Craig nudged Dean ‘Let’s hope you and me get partnered’

Dean looked at him ‘I doubt it’

‘Okay, I have the list here. So…’

Bianca recited the list, Nate wasn’t really listening but when he heard his name.

‘Nate Jefferies and Dean King’

The whole class went into a shocked silence. Both of them looked at each other and then at Miss Scott’

‘I am not doing it with him’

‘Sorry, the department chooses the pairings, I wouldn’t personally put you two together but it is not in my hands’

A while later…

Dean sat in the library pretending to be researching about the American Revolution but he was trying to find out the visiting times for the hospital. He really wanted to see Holly.

Nate groaned as he saw Dean but he knew that he had to talk to him to get the oral done.

‘Dean’

‘Nate’

‘We might as well get used to it, we are partners’

‘Fine, but I don’t like it’

Nate laughed wryly, gesturing towards his swollen eye ‘Do you really think I do? You gave my sister drugs, I hate you and once this oral is done. I will not give you a second thought but I have to put up with you, so we might as well just get on with it.

‘I never gave your sister drugs. I wouldn’t’

‘You supplied it’ Nate hissed in a whisper. ‘That’s about as good as giving it to her’

‘You know nothing about me, so back off!’

Nate looked at him quizzically but Dean had moved his attention back to the screen.

‘Fine, let’s just get started, the quicker it is done, the better’

‘Agreed’ Dean muttered as he turned the screen off/. ‘So, what’s first?’

‘The topic’

Holly had just come around again after the sedative. She could focus more on what was going on around her.

‘Holly, its Dr Walker. How are you feeling?’

‘Better, I can actually focus now’

‘Focus?’

‘The first time I came around, everything was really fuzzy and out of place but now its different, it’s not clear completely but I can see most things’

Sid nodded ‘that is normal, don’t worry, you are responding well to the antibiotics’

‘So when can I go home?’

‘Not just yet, we need to keep you in for observations’

‘Can I come in?’ Sid heard

‘Who are you?’ he said as Dean responded

‘Dean, a friend’

Holly looked up. ‘Hi’

‘I can tell him to leave’ Sid said

‘No its okay, he won’t be here for long’

‘Just press the button if you need anything’ Sid said as Holly nodded before leaving the room.

Holly perched herself up. ‘Why are you here?’

‘You scared me; I didn’t know you were ill’

‘I wasn’t that bad, I was just weak from a virus, I fell down the stairs’

Dean winced. ‘And now?’

‘I am okay, should be out in a few days, they just want to watch me’

Dean didn’t know what else to say so Holly spoke ‘Why are you here? And don’t say it’s because I am ill because before the party, you barely acknowledged’ she said allowing the bitterness to come through in her voice.

Dean walked up to the bed and looked at her, he was going to say something but then he decided actions spoke louder. He lowered his lips to hers and Holly responded. She kissed him back.

‘GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER!’ Nate screamed as he pulled Dean off but Holly grabbed Dean’s hands. Dean was trying to shake Nate off but he couldn’t.

He was wary of the fact Holly was trembling, he didn’t want to hurt her physically or even emotionally, he cared too much about her for that to happen

Chapter 23

‘Nate’ Aden said ‘let go of him’ but Aden was struggling not to strangle Dean himself.

Nate moved his hands and Holly started to shake but Dean held onto her. He kissed her forehead.

‘I think you better go’ Aden said

‘No he’s staying’ Holly replied adamant.

‘I’ll go, I will see you later’ he kissed her again

‘No, don’t. I need you here’

Dean looked at her father and Nate, he was torn, he didn’t want to leave her alone but he didn’t want to wind up her family.

Holly made him sit next to her and said to her father ‘you better get used to it, he’s my boyfriend’

Aden had to physically restrain Nate who wanted to punch Dean yet again.

‘Go and calm down’ he pulled Nate away from the bed and shoved him towards the door.

Dean looked at Aden ‘I don’t want any trouble; I just want to be here for Holly.’

Aden grimaced ‘You gave my daughter drugs. So either you get out or I throw you out’ he said in tone of voice that made it clear that he wasn’t going to argue about it.

Dean nodded ‘Fine, I will go’

Holly tried to protest but Dean shushed her ‘It’s okay, just rest and get better’ he kissed her forehead and walked out.

‘I hate you’

‘You can hate me, but I am just keeping you safe’

Holly lay down and pulled the covers around her. She turned away from him and said ‘Go away’

‘Holly…’

She didn’t respond. Aden sighed and kissed her hair ‘I know you think I am being cruel, but it is for your own benefit’

Belle walked in ‘What’s going on? Nate is in a terrible mood and I just saw Dean walking away’

Aden shook his head ‘Ask Holly. I need some air.’

‘Holly?’ she asked as she sat on the bed forcing Holly to look at her.

‘Dean turned up’ she said vaguely

‘I got that, but why is Nate in a bad mood’

‘He caught me kissing Dean’

Belle couldn’t take that in at first. ‘Sorry, he caught you kissing Dean?’

She nodded. ‘Yes’

‘Are you crazy? He gave you drugs’

She sat up on the bed and crossed her legs ‘It wasn’t him’

‘He supplied it though’ Nate said as he walked back in.

Holly sighed ‘Can we not argue again, I really don’t have the energy for it’

‘I am not dropping it, he is a drug dealer and I don’t want him near you’

‘It is not your decision’ Holly said with finality.

‘You do know you are still grounded’ Aden said as he walked back into the conversation.

‘I know but that doesn’t stop me loving him’

‘Love’ Nate scoffed ‘You cannot be serious’

Nate breathed ‘Forget it, am gonna go and see Laura’

Holly was confused ‘Laura?’

‘Yes, she was brought in’

Holly was shocked to the core ‘What happened?’

‘No one knows as of yet. She was found on the beach.’

Holly got out of the bed. ‘I need to see her’

Aden frowned ‘Fine, come on, but not for long, you need to rest’

Holly looked at him but she didn’t argue. She put on her shoes and made her way to the room where Laura lay. Nate was holding her hand.

‘How is she?

‘She has been sedated’

‘What happened?’ she asked as she sat next to Nate placing her hands on his.

‘She got really drunk, they had to pump her stomach’ he said with tears pooling in his eyes.

‘What did the doctors say?’

‘I don’t know, I wasn’t really listening’

Nate heard her father’s voice ‘Oh God’

‘What?’

Nate didn’t get a chance to speak as Laura’s father walked in.

‘What are you two doing here?’ he growled

Holly was going to snap back at him but Nate intervened ‘We just wanted to see her’

‘Well I am here now, you can leave’

Holly was getting more and more annoyed by this guy, they were only visiting, they were not actually causing any harm but Nate stood up ‘Come on, we better get you back’

Chapter 24

They walked along the corridor ‘how can you leave her with him?’ Holly said with disgust etched onto her face. She was not even disgusted with him; it was just everything that had been going on.

Nate retorted ‘How can you be with the person who supplied you with drugs’

Holly glared at him and was going to hit him just to show how annoyed that comment made her but she slipped, Nate grabbed her ‘Are you okay?’

She nodded. ‘I just slipped’ he helped her into her room and into the bed. Aden and Belle walked in a few moments later. ‘Right we had better go home. Holly. Julie is going to watch out for Dean, he is not allowed anywhere near you’

Holly groaned slightly ‘Fine, whatever. I cannot be bothered arguing.’

Sid walked in. ‘Ah, we have the test results back’

Aden frowned ‘What is it?’

‘Well.’

Holly had no idea what he was going to say ‘What?’

‘You will need a scan’

‘For what?’

Sid looked at them, ‘You might want to sit down’

Holly was terrified; she had no idea what he was going to say. Nate sensed that she was scared and sat on the bed holding her. ‘What is it?’

‘She may have a brain tumour’

Holly shook with fear and Nate held her as she started to cry. Belle went pale and Aden couldn’t take it in at first.

‘Are you sure?’ Aden asked as the silence passed a few moments later.

‘I cannot say for definite until the scan’ Sid said

‘Sorry’

‘I want to see Dean’ Holly whispered

‘I don’t think so’ Aden said and Belle agreed.

Nate was torn, he hated Dean but it was clear that Holly needed him. ‘Maybe we should just let him see her for a few moments; I can stay in the room’

‘Since when were you his biggest fan’

‘I am not. I hate him but Holly needs him’ he hugged her again ‘she comes first’

‘Thanks’ she whispered

Aden and Belle looked at each other unsure but Nate got out his phone. ‘Here call him’

Holly dialled and Nate ushered his parent out of the room.

‘She needs this’ he said to his parents before they had a chance to respond.

Dean walked into the room about an hour later. ‘Hey?’

‘Hey’

Dean saw how worn out Holly was and sat next to her ‘What happened?’

Nate walked in. Dean froze for a second. ‘I will be outside. Call me if you need me’ he said to Holly. He added to Dean ‘Hurt her, and I will not be responsible for my actions.’

Dean nodded as Holly sat up again ‘Sorry, I just needed you’

‘Don’t apologise, I am here for you, but you are scaring me, what did they say?’

Holly breathed in ‘I need a scan’

‘For what?’ he asked as he sat properly next to her. She snuggled into his arms. ‘I might have’ she cleared her throat before saying ‘a brain tumour’

He couldn’t speak, Holly’s tears started again and he stroked her hair as she cried. Nate walked back in. ‘I think she needs to sleep’

He kissed her hair ‘Yea, she does.’ Holly laid back and said ‘thanks for coming’

‘Anytime you need me, just ring, I will be here. I promise’

Holly nodded as he held her hand and reluctantly let it go as he left the room. She couldn’t believe that she could have a brain tumour; she just wanted to shut the world out and try to sleep.

:ph34r: I did say that you weren't going to like it...

Chapter 25

A week later…

Holly had the scan, and now all she did was just stay on the sofa curled up with a blanket around her.

She didn’t get the results for another 24 hours and she was terrified. The thought of having a brain tumour made her feel helpless

Aden and Belle had both taken time off work, neither of them wanted to be away from Holly.

Nate had tried to stay at home as well but Belle refused. ‘You have to do your HSC’

‘I won’t be able to concentrate’ he said

Aden entered the conversation ‘You can’t do anything until the results come, you are going to school. End of conversation.’

Nate wanted to intervene but his father gave him a look that said don’t bother.

‘Fine’ he picked his bag up. ‘I am gonna be back late then, got to work on this language oral’

‘Okay, if its gets too late then just ring and one of us will pick you up’ Belle said kissing his cheek.

‘Sure’ he said but he was still sulking as he walked out of the room and towards the room.

Holly called him over ‘How is Dean?’ she asked

‘Haven’t seen him properly’ he said with a grimace on his face.

‘Okay, fine. I get it; you don’t want to talk about him’

He kissed her forehead ‘Relax, you are gonna be fine, you don’t need him’

She nodded as he walked to the door. ‘Be nice though’ Holly warned him. She wanted her brother and her boyfriend to get along, it was painful knowing that whoever she spent time with, and the other was not going to like it.

He dismissed her comment with a wave of his hand as he left the house to go to school.

‘So, are we going to do this or not?’ Dean asked as Nate sat down

‘Do what?’ he said without even looking at him.

‘The oral prep, I wouldn’t be sat here if I had choice’

Nate chuckled as Miss Scott walked in leaving Dean perplexed as to what was going on.

He didn’t understand or like Nate, but if he wanted to be with Holly, he was going to have to suck it up and accept it.

‘Tonight’ Nate said as Miss Scott turned around and began to write on the board.

‘What?’

‘At mine, we need to practice’

‘Fine’ Dean said as he began to write down the information that Miss Scott was writing on the board.

‘Is Holly okay?’ he asked letting his curiosity get the better of him

Nate ignored him. He didn’t want to speak to him but he knew the topic was going to keep on creeping up but he wasn’t ready to talk about it.

The phone rang making Holly jump. Belle was holding her on the sofa. ‘Relax, its okay’ she murmured to Holly who began to calm down.

Aden picked the phone up and a few moments later said ‘The results are in’

Holly tensed and Belle said ‘Do they want us to come in now?’

He nodded ‘Yes’

Holly stood up. ‘Can I just get changed, I feel strange in this’

‘Sure, do you want me to ring Nate?’ asking Belle more than Holly but both of them shook their heads

‘Leave him, let him do his oral, I will tell him later’ Holly said

‘So, the results are in’ Sid began. ‘As you know, we thought you had a tumour’

Holly nodded intensely grateful for her father holding her hand; she needed to know that she was not alone.

‘However due to extensive testing, it is not a tumour, but a cyst’

Holly wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or bad thing.

‘We have used the scan to determine the position of it, and we feel that the best option is to remove the cyst’

‘And then what?’ Aden asked knowing that neither Belle nor Holly would be able to say it.

‘And then you should in time get back to normal.’ Sid answered with a smile.

Belle intervened ‘So the cyst is harmless?’ she asked needing confirmation.

‘Yes’

Aden released Holly’s hand for a second, Belle’s eyes glossed over but she had a smile on her face.

Chapter 26

Nate walked into the house with Dean following him. Aden looked up as Dean walked in.

‘What’s going on?’ he asked

‘Just working on the oral Dad’ Nate replied. He looked at Dean ‘Come on, we will work in my room.’

‘Hold on’ Aden said ‘I need to talk to you first.’

‘Fine, erm, Dean you can go to the lounge’

Nate gestured to the door ‘It’s just through there’

‘Sure’ Dean already felt uncomfortable but he shook it off as he walked into the lounge, it was empty but then he expected that, Holly was avoiding him.

She hadn’t rang him or tried to get a message to him since he found out about her hospital stay.

‘So?’ Nate asked as he put his bag down on the floor.

‘Holly got her results’

Nate couldn’t believe his ears for second there. ‘I thought it was not meant to be till tomorrow?’

‘I know, they rang this morning’

Nate found himself getting slightly annoyed for a moment there. ‘And you didn’t think to call me?’

‘Holly wanted to keep it from you; she wants to tell you the results. Don’t get angry’

Nate sighed as his phone beeped. It was Laura.

I need to see you. Dad wants me to go back to New Zealand but I want to stay, I need you to get me from the hospital please? X

He quickly texted her back

‘Am on my way, don’t panic, love you x

‘Who is it?’

Nate didn’t answer but instead called out for Dean ‘Dean?’

Dean appeared. ‘Are we going to do this or not?’

‘I need your help’

He frowned ‘Since when did you ask me for anything?’

Nate narrowed his eyes ‘You owe me’

Aden sighed. ‘I sense trouble’

‘You are best off not knowing Dad’ he replied cryptically

Holly walked in. ‘Did you get a text off...’

He nodded. ‘Yep, I am going now’

Holly acknowledged Dean ‘Hey’

‘Hey’ he shuffled from foot to foot; he didn’t even know what to say.

She walked up to him ‘Sorry, I know I haven’t tried to get in contact, just needed time’

He nodded and smiled ‘Don’t worry okay, I don’t mind waiting for you’

Nate watched them both talking and it was nice to see Holly smile. Maybe Dean wasn’t as bad as he seemed to be.

He was not sure if Dean actually deserved Holly but Holly knew her own mind and she would make her own decisions.

She was old enough and on top of that he was sure that in the future she would make the right decision despite a few bad decisions in the past.

‘So are you going to tell us?’ he asked intervening yet again.

She frowned and then realised ‘Ah yes’ she held onto Deans hands ‘Okay, well they found a cyst on my brain but it is harmless but they still want to take it out’ she said.

Nate breathed out, ‘And have they said when they are going to take it out?’

Aden decided to leave them to it, he still didn’t like the fact that Dean was in his home but he had to respect Holly.

She had made one mistake, he didn’t think that she would make that mistake again but he was going to watch Dean, he didn’t trust him yet.

‘Next week’

Dean looked at Nate ‘So what is it you need help with?’

‘I need to break Laura out of hospital’ he whispered so that his parents didn’t hear.

Holly smiled and kissed Dean on the cheek.

‘Have fun’ she smiled as she left them both to it.

Laura was waiting for Nate to turn up, her father had gone to sign some papers, and she just needed to get out of there.

‘Hey’ Nate said as he sneaked in.

She looked at him and he hugged her ‘Shh, hold on’

Dean peeked in ‘it’s clear’

‘Dean?’ she asked Nate.

‘He is an expert at deception’ he told her with a grin.

‘I heard that’ Dean muttered in the background.

Nate chuckled and helped Laura get her stuff together.

‘Come on’

He eased her out of the door and down the corridor. Dean watched out in case anyone tried to stop them but they didn’t get stopped.

He got her to Dean’s car and got in ‘Can you take me to the Sands?’

‘She is coming to mine’

Dean looked at them both ‘Make your minds up’

‘Just take her to mine’ he said with finality. Laura was going to protest but then she gave in, she didn’t actually want to be alone and she knew that if she was then she wouldn’t be able to

Dean set off and wondered exactly what was going to happen next.

Thanks for the comments. Hope you like this one :)

Chapter 27

Holly sat on her bed as Aden and Belle walked in. She looked at them both but they had a neutral expression on their faces.

‘We need to talk to you’

‘Sure, wasn’t doing anything anyways’

Aden sat on the bed and Belle sat on the other side so that they were both looking at Holly.

Belle said ‘We have been talking, you have been grounded for about 6 weeks, and from what we can see you have learnt your lesson’

Aden carried on from where Belle had left off. ‘However, while we are thinking about easing up on your grounding which means that during the week, you do not have to be home from school straightaway.’

‘What about weekends?’ Holly asked as she played with her shoes.

‘You will be at home on weekends for the time being, you have to remember, you scared the hell out of me and your mother.’

Belle added. ‘Also, we need to talk about your ‘relationship’ with Dean.

Aden left them to it. He knew that he would lose his rag if he carried on with this conversation.

‘Mum, I get it, you don’t like him but can’t you accept the fact that I do?’ Holly said with a resigned tone.

She didn’t want to argue but she couldn’t help but get the feeling that she was going to have to have this conversation.

‘Okay, listen, you turn 16 in month, and yes I know I can’t stop you seeing Dean. I can tell you like him’

‘I love him’ she put in as Aden walked back in.

‘Belle? I need to talk to you for a sec’

She frowned but she stood up ‘We will carry this on later’ she said

‘Fine, can I go down now’

Aden smiled ‘Before you do that, do you want these?’

He had her iPod and phone in his hands, she squealed and grabbed them. She practically skipped out of the room before running back in and hugging her father.

‘Go on’ he laughed as she was engrossed in her phone.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Laura’s downstairs’

Belle narrowed her eyes ‘And I am guessing her father doesn’t know’

‘Yet’ Aden said

‘So what do we do?’

Aden sighed.

‘I don’t think her being here is a good idea but we can’t chuck her out, she has been through too much’

‘And Nate would never forgive us’

‘Exactly’

‘So we need to talk to her first and take it from there’ Aden said after a while. Belle nodded, ‘whatever happens we can’t let her back near her father’

‘Agreed, let’s just take it one step at a time’

‘Hey’ Holly said as she walked down the stairs.

Laura smiled at her. ‘Hi’

Nate walked back into the room and gave Laura a glass of water. Holly didn’t even spot Dean following him.

‘Er, I guess working on the oral is off….’

‘Yep, sorry, I kind of…’ Nate faltered.

‘Forget it, I better be off’ Dean said ‘We can work on it in a few days’

Dean walked out of the room.

Holly ran after him ‘Hold on’

He turned around; he wanted to give her space and time. He didn’t expect anything to happen between them yet; she had been through so much already.

‘Sorry, I was not ignoring you; I just don’t want to push you’

Holly nodded ‘I need time but I know one thing though’ she said with a smile.

Dean forced himself to smile at her, it was hurting him not to be with her but he knew she needed him to back off.

‘I want to be with you’ Holly said as she walked up to him. They were very close to each other and Holly wanted him to kiss her but Aden walked in and Dean moved back slightly.

‘I will ring you, I promise’ he said grinning at her.

She smiled ‘See ya’

‘See ya babe’

:wub: Thanks for the comments. Here is the final chapter of this fic. I had it ready to update before the hospital saga but here we go.

It is longer than most of the recent chapter, I hope it isn't too confusing for you all.

Chapter 28

‘So Laura, your father will figure out where you are, are you ready for what will happen?’ Belle asked gently.

Laura flinched when she said her father and she was intensely grateful for Nate’s arms around her, she needed him and he had promised that he wouldn’t be going anywhere.

‘No, but I know that I can’t go back there, I just can’t’ she said as tears began to fall.

‘Okay, I think we need to call the police’ Aden said gently as Nate comforted Laura.

Laura shook her head ‘No, I can’t tell the police, it will destroy my family and I will endanger my sister’

Nate added ‘No, you have to tell someone, as soon as they know, the quicker they can get him in custody.’

Belle added ‘He’s right, he won’t be able to go anywhere near you or your family’

Laura shuddered for a moment and contemplated telling the police.

‘I can’t do it alone’ she admitted a few moments later.

Belle nodded ‘we will be there for you 100%.’

Nate hugged her as his parents left them alone. ‘She is gonna struggle’ Aden said as he hugged Belle.

‘I know, but she needs us to help her, she is clearly terrified of her father’

Aden nodded and sat down. Belle sat on his lap. ‘Are you okay?’ she asked

‘Yes, why wouldn’t I be?’ he asked wrapping his arms around her. He looked at her confused.

‘Doesn’t this bring back memories?’ she asked hoping that he would open up to her. She just wanted to keep her marriage and family together.

‘It does but I am strong enough to deal with it, she needs our support and as will Nate.’

‘Do you think Dad will come here?’ Laura asked Nate as they lay down together on his bed.

‘I don’t know, maybe’ he said as she shuddered. He pulled her closer to him. ‘Whatever happens, I am not going to let him come anywhere near you’ he promised her.

She nodded and emitted a breathy sigh. She knew that Nate would protect her; she was just terrified of what was going to happen next.

Nate sighed as his phone rang. ‘Hello?’

‘You better make sure she is outside in 5 minutes otherwise the police will be arresting you for kidnap’

He growled at him ‘I didn’t kidnap her, she wants to be here’

‘5 minutes or you won’t see your little sister again’ he chuckled knowing that would get his attention’

Nate jumped up. ‘Wait here’

Laura frowned but she followed him as he ran down the stairs.

Aden turned around ‘What’s wrong?’

‘Where’s Holly?’

‘She is in her room isn’t she?’

Nate cursed ‘Laura’s dad just rang me, I think he has Holly’

Laura gasped. She didn’t think that her father would go that far to get her back in his life. Aden looked at Laura. ‘it’s okay, we will get her back, calm down’ he could tell that she was getting anxious.

Nate hugged her and Aden picked up his phone ‘I have to call someone in for reinforcements’

Belle frowned. ‘Who?’

He kissed her forehead. ‘Go and stay with them. I will make sure that all the doors and windows are locked’

Later on that night, Aden was pacing the lounge waiting. Belle was sitting on the sofa, Laura had finally fallen asleep. Nate was still trying to figure out where the call had come from.

The doorbell rang and everyone jumped. Aden warned them ‘Stay here’

Nate instantly followed his father ‘I am not staying here, and leaving you alone’

Aden knew there was no point in arguing, he wasn’t going to listen. He looked at the door. ‘Fine, keep out of the way, I don’t want anything to happen to you’

‘Who did you call?’ Nate whispered as they both made their way to the door.

‘Shh’ Aden hissed as he straightened himself up and opened the door.

‘Aden’

‘Dad’

Nate smiled. He didn’t think that his own granddad was going to turn up. ‘No Nicole?’ Nate asked.

Roman chuckled ‘Not today, she’s too busy with Angelo’

Aden groaned ‘Please, that image is too much’

Aden shut the door and bolted it.

‘He has Holly’ as soon as Roman had entered the lounge. Roman already knew that and had his men surrounding the place but he knew that Aden just needed reassurance.

Nate’s phone rang again and this time he put it on speaker. He had no idea what to say but he knew that he had to talk to him.

‘So you never thought to swap then did you kid? Well. I don’t think you know exactly what I am capable of’

Aden was going to retort but Roman stopped him ‘So preying on young girls is what you do then is it?’

‘Who the f*ck are you?’

Roman smiled. He had managed to scare this guy with just one sentence. ‘Your worst nightmare’

He scoffed ‘Is that meant to scare me?’

‘Look around, can you see anything that looks odd’

Carl looked around the warehouse and was aware that there were some people dotted around. ‘Sh*t’ he muttered, making Roman, Aden and Nate smile.

‘Hand her over otherwise, I have several people waiting, it will not end well for you’

Carl muttered to himself as he hung up the phone, the situation was getting worse and he knew what he needed to do.

Roman picked up his phone ‘What’s going on?’

‘F*ck’ Roman said under his breath

‘We can’t get a clean shot, he has a gun pointed at her head, any shot we take, will get her shot in the leg’ he heard him say.

Aden looked at Roman’s face. ‘What is it?’

Nate looked at his granddad and then to his dad. Laura had woken up and stood up. ‘What’s going on?’ she said ‘Who is he?’

Nate stood next to her ‘That’s my granddad, he’s ex SAS’

‘Right. And what?’

‘He has people surrounding your father’ he said gently. Despite it all, he didn’t want to hurt her but he had to make sure that his sister was okay as well.

For a few moments, his mind went to Dean, who had no idea what was going on, he knew that he should tell him but another person knowing would endanger Holly and he was not about to let that happen again, she was too important.

‘We can’t get a clean shot’ Roman said to Aden. Nate paled and Laura stepped in, ‘let me talk to him, he wants me’

Nate cringed ‘No way, he is not getting anywhere near you’

She placed her hands on his face ‘You have to, I know my father, he won’t hesitate to hurt her, the only way this will end, is if I swap myself for Holly’ she said as Nate trembled.

Aden intervened ‘No, Nate’s right. He will not stop; you can’t sacrifice yourself for him’

‘He will not stop’ Laura said as she moved towards the phone ‘I am the only person who can stop this’

Belle had stayed quiet for a while ‘Hold on, I am not sure that this will benefit the situation, he is already wound up by the sole fact that he is surrounded.’

‘I can get him to back off, I know I can, he wants me, I won’t let Holly get hurt because of me’ she said defiantly not allowing Nate to touch her ‘I am doing this’

Roman sighed ‘How about this? We offer you as a trade’ Nate tried to protest but Roman stopped him.

‘Hold on, let me finish, I will go with you, we will get Holly and I won’t let him get you either, he needs putting in his place, but unfortunately Laura is right, he won’t stop until he thinks he has what he wants’

Carl knew that none of them were going to shoot. Holly wasn’t resisting his grip but she was terrified, all she wanted was Dean. She needed someone to tell her everything was going to be okay.

Carl growled as his phone rang.

‘A deal Roman said on the other end of the phone

‘What?’

‘You can have Laura’

Carl grinned, he knew that they would give in, he had the one thing that the wanted.

‘Fine but get rid of your men’ he said

Roman knew that he wasn’t going to win that argument, so he agreed. Carl watched and a few moments later, they all backed away.

‘Good, half an hour and then we will trade, otherwise, you can wave goodbye to her’ he warned.

Aden and Roman both made their way to the warehouse, it was a battle getting Nate to stay but in the end Nate knew that he being there would just make the situation worse.

He knew that Laura’s father hated him and he just being there was going to make things worse and he didn’t want to endanger Holly or Laura.

‘You need to stay outside’ Roman said to Aden

‘I can’t, I need to be there for Holly’

Roman groaned ‘No, it will just make the situation worse and we don’t need that’

‘I am not staying outside while my daughter is at the hands of that jerk’

Laura was uncomfortable in the car as they were arguing. ‘Can we just not argue?’ she asked meekly.

‘Sorry’ Aden said ‘you’re right, let’s not argue’

‘Good, then you are staying outside’ he said and parked the car. Roman got out before Aden had a chance to protest.

‘So you brought her then?’ Carl said as he watched Laura walk in alongside Roman. ‘Don’t do anything yet’ he said to her.

‘Well, you won’t get her till I get my granddaughter’ Roman said as Holly shivered, he had tied her up. She looked worn out and scared.

‘Well bring her to the middle, otherwise…’ he raised his gun and made it clear that was he wasn’t playing around.

‘Do you want your daughter?’ Roman asked.

‘Bring her to the middle.’

Roman moved his hand slightly and the next thing Carl knew, he was being manhandled to the floor, his gun slipped out of his grasp.

Holly shook and tried to get out of her restraints but it was too hard, Roman ran to her and untied her.

‘It’s okay, you are okay’ he said as she hugged him not knowing what else to do. ‘Your father is outside’

Laura was shaking, but she was glad that Holly was okay. Holly hugged her ‘Are you okay?’

‘Forget about me, what about you?’ she asked hugging her yet again.

Aden walked in followed by Nate who had decided that he didn’t want to be away from the action. The police followed not long behind him.

‘So what happened here?’ Charlie asked.

Roman explained everything as Aden, Nate, Holly and Laura hugged each other, Aden rang Belle who was waiting for his call.

‘Is she okay?’ Belle asked after she had sighed out of relief.

‘She’s fine. I am bringing her home now’

Aden drove them home. Hours passed, there were tears and happiness. Aden had relented and let Dean come over. Nate and Laura were inseparable.

‘Wow, so much has happened and here we are’

‘Finally, our kids are happy’

‘A Time To Love’ Aden said and it was true. All of them had finally found happiness & Aden was glad that he had his family back together.

Belle agreed.

‘A Time To Love’

Thank you to everyone who reads and comments. I truly do appreciate it . Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the ending.. :):wub:

Comments

Archived