One Way or Another (by Miranda) - comments

Scotcaz22

I liked this one-shot a lot.

Very well written and presented.

I agree. H&A really missed an opportunity with Ruby. But I guess there's still time for that...

Love Dex's mannerisms and characterisation. So like him to make lists! lol.

Well done :)

*bounces* Oh, yay! You wrote a Dex centric story.

I’m the nearest to a girl you’ll get right now.

Oh, Dex. You are practically a girl. But I still like you.

She dabbed at her eyes with her sleeve, so he offered his handkerchief.

Of course Dex owns a handkerchief. His mother always told him not to leave the house without one, just in case. It now comes in handy. Also, if any character was going to have a pocket watch, it would be Dex. Just saying.

“I could do with a hug now, you idiot,” she mumbled.

Dex has no idea how to react. The poor boy. I can just picture him being all awkward and not knowing what to do, but still wanting to help.

“I do have to. Now I’ve started this diagram, I can’t leave it unfinished, can I?”

No, you definitely can not leave a diagram unfinished. That is ludicrous. I adore that Dex uses his knowledge and logical thinking to plan out solutions to the problem with Ruby. And surprisingly, it helps.

“I’m better with diagrams than feelings. So yes, I do.”

Truest words ever.

This was awesome. I adored your characterisation of Dex, and how he handled Ruby in an emotionally fragile state. There was that line about how soft he found Ruby’s hair and I was silently praying to myself that Dex would get over that. Dex is not equipped to deal with someone like Ruby. Just, stay away Dex. Keep your innocence a bit longer.

But as I’ve said, this was brilliant and definitely an interesting potential storyline idea. Sort of like they did with the Hayley/Kim/Scott babygate.

Dex should just be in every fic ever written, in my opinion :P.

Aha Jen! Glad you liked it :D

I thought the title would appeal to you. As I said above, the title means three things. The most significant for you might be that Dex is one way or another, we don't know. One minute he's saying he's the nearest to a girl that Ruby could get and he's 'not even a man really.' The next minute he's getting a bit turned on by cuddling Ruby with his hands full of her hair.

'Go figure' as our American friends would say.

Yes, this story is a bit like Kim/Hayley/Scott. But it would be so much better than that cos its happened more naturally. Surely Romeo didn't go round to Ruby's house prepared and surely Casey didn't go off in Xavier's car prepared. It all just happened. Didn't it? Come on Home and Away, be brave!!! They could actually show Ruby not going through with having a baby and the consequences of that.

Getting really carried away now! Scriptwriters! Attention please! :lol:

When I saw the title of your fic, I started singing One Way or Another by Blondie. I don't why... :lol: That was good enough to check your fic out! :P

A fic based on Ruby and Dexter... I like it. I've always thought it'd be good if they interacted more often on the show. As friends of course. Nothing more!

Dexter is such a sweet guy and a gentleman. It's such a shame he hasn't many friends because he is an amazing friend. He may be a bit quirky but that's what makes him so great. He immediately offered to help Ruby when he should probably be angry with her for sleeping with Romeo and breaking Indigo's heart. Not many people would act like that.

To be honest, when I first read the spoilers about Ruby sleeping with Romeo and then a few days later with Casey, I briefly thought the writers were going to get Ruby pregnant and not knowing who the father is.

Great and beautifully written one-shot! :D

When I saw the title of your fic, I started singing One Way or Another by Blondie. I don't why... :lol: That was good enough to check your fic out! :P

Yes, that's the song I had in my head, and the title fitted. You're the first to mention it :)

Thank you for your thoughtful comment :D

Edited by Miranda

• 2 months later...
  • QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to One Way or Another (by Miranda) - comments