That's What You Call Love

Guest Summer2011

Chapter 11 Last chapter

Charlie was sat in the waiting room, she thought it was taking forever. The docter came out, she could tell something was wrong by his expression on his face.

She asked him what was wrong? He said im sorry charlie but, before he could finish charlie said please No no this cant be happening, he said he was sorry he tried everything he could but nothing could bring him back. Charlie fell back down on the chair in floods of tears, she couldnt believe what was happening, why couldnt something go right for them for once, after everthing they had been through to be together. Charlie cried and cried for the man she loved with all our heart, the man that made her smile and couldnt live without. The man who needed to be here to see his babys growing up, she placed her hand on her stomach, and said he didnt get to meet our baby.. From that moment on charlies heart had broken in two.. She wanted to go and get maisie she wanted to hold her close as she was part of brax and all she had left of him now was maisie and their unborn child.

Charlie picked maisie up and went home, maisie could sense something was wrong. Once they walked through the front door maisie turned to her mum and asked where her daddy was. Charlies eyes filled with tears and a lump came in her throat, she tryed despartley to wipe the tears from her eyes.

Maisie looked at her mum in confusion, She asked why she was crying? Charlie went over to maisie and bent down to her level, and told her little girl where her daddy was. " You no how daddys was going to the docters for an operation to help aunty lily " Maisie nodded. "Well daddys got very sick and went to sleep and the docters couldnt wake him up, So he went up to heaven with baby skye" Maisie bursted out crying, and in between sobs charlie could hear her saying but i want my daddy to be with me, because i miss him when hes not here. Charlie picked her little girl up and held her tight, she tried comforting her, but she couldnt give her what she wanted.

Later that night charlie was lieing in bed with maisie, she had stopped crying now but the look on her daughters faced made charlie ache, she looked lost and hopeless. Charlie jumped which made maisie sit up, charlie said i think someones trying to say hello to their big sister, maisie asked why what happened, charlie told her the baby had kicked, she placed maisies hand on her bump so maisie could feel her baby brother or sister kick. The baby kicked and maisie smiled at her mummy and said i felt it, i think its going to like playing football. It made charlie smile too, brax had left them and that hurt so much but they both had the baby to make them smile and be happy.

Maisie put her thumb in her mouth and placed her head on charlies chest and wrapped her arms around her, and charlie held her little girl tight to her heart, it was just going to be the 3 of them now. Maisie asked will they see daddy again someday, charlie told her yeah when we have to go to heaven we will see daddy again and skye too. Maisie looked up at her mum and said i cant wait so i can gave daddy a big hug. Charlie placed a kiss on maisies forehead and said me too baby. With that they both fell asleep together.

5months later

Since braxs funearl cheryl had been helping charlie out alot, it helped both of them that she was around, cheryl felt closer to her son being around his little girl.

Charlie was taking the clothes out of the washing machine when suddenly her water broke, she shouted for cheryl who quickly got her into the car and drove to the hoisptal. Maisie waited in the waiting room with one of the nurses, and cheryl was by charlies side, When she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

The midwife placed the baby in charlies arms and she looked down at her son and saw his daddy staring back at her. She kissed his forehead and said your daddy would have adored you, he would have been proud to call you his son. Cheryl said she was the proudest grandmother on earth that he was such a handsome little man, just like his daddy, and would cause alot of trouble with the girls when he grew up.

Maisie ran into the room and jumped up on the bed besdie her mum and charlie said meet your baby brother darryl. A big grin appeared on maisies face and she said thats daddys name, and she peeked in at him and said he had the same eyes as daddys too, then she looked at her mummy and grandmother and said i think daddy made it be a boy so we wouldnt miss him too much, they both laughed at her, and charlie said yeah he probley did, hes always going to be with us now. Charlie looked at her two beautiful children, the kids her and brax had made and brought into this world, he might not be with her nomore but charlie had to be strong and take care off maisie and darryl just like brax would have wanted.

Thats it finished, hope everyone liked it, thanks for everyone that has left comments and for reading it... xx

Comments

Archived