Perfect (by HighwayUnicorn) - comments

LauraPhilly!!

Oh...My...God!

Carina....

I am literally speechless! :o

That was absolutely amazing!!

Such an incredible story! The conflict that exists between Mattie and the want to impress herself and her friends!

Well her so-called friends! They hardly seem like the right type of friends to have!

Carina that is probably one of the best, if not the best, fic I have ever read!

It was just amazing!

The detail, the almost personal knowledge of what Mathilda was going through!

I am just speechless Carina!

Absolutely fantastic!!!

While reading it, the Black Swan inmediatly came to my mind!

While the two stories are very different, I couldn't help but feel there were some similiarites..?!

Simply amazing Carina!

Your best fic to date!

I am in awe!

Well done gurlie! :wink:

Love you! :wub: xxxx

I told you I couldn't wait to read this.... and you certainly didn't disappoint Carina :)

That was amazing.... the way you described Ana and Mia, one telling her to eat, the other wanting to punish her, Matilda feeling like those two are the only ones who care is jsut brilliant...

The way you described that scene in the diner, where Mattie was looking around, and could hear the others eating was just... so well written!

The way Mattie feels about herself, and how Ana and Mia are always telling her she's fat, ugly, unbeautiful, worthless.... its all something every single person will deal with at one point in their life... but that, especially the way Mattie was feeling, is feeling, what she is going through is a reminder of what I went through, so it was very raw to read, something that I draw from experience, and that was amazing that you got all the emotions so perfectly written, drawing us into Matilda's head, having us understand how she is feeling, what she is going through, making Ana and Mia so real, like they are really there, standing beside her egging her on!

Amazing, powerful, and so very real and emotional... very well done.

Your best One shot yet!!!! :D

Love you!

Wow. I am really impressed with the feedback you guys have given so far. I didn't know how amazing these comments would be so thank you Bec, Laura & Steve :)

It's much appreciated to have feedback, especially the comments you have given to me.

It makes me realise that it is definitely worth my time & effort writing this so as you can read it. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Well ...

While reading it, the Black Swan inmediatly came to my mind!

While the two stories are very different, I couldn't help but feel there were some similiarites..?!

That never really crossed my mind but that's a good spot, well done Laura.

I guess it's the portrayal of Eating Disroders, Ana & Mia having two completely different personalities & Matilda having no control over her body anymore.

That's kind of what I intended, different personalities. The person with the ED feels that their in ontrol but really, the ED controls them.

Your best fic to date!

That meant a lot, too, thank you.

Well done Carina really well written and you have this talent of drawing the reader into her mind and it really makes you feel like you want to help her.

Thank you so much. Very much appreciated.

The way Mattie feels about herself, and how Ana and Mia are always telling her she's fat, ugly, unbeautiful, worthless.... its all something every single person will deal with at one point in their life.

I'm glad you noticed that, Bec. It's what I wanted to portray. Some people reading this would think, 'I feel like that sometimes.'

& I think all girls, & some guys too, will think that at one or two points in their life & taht they're not good enough.

But the aim was for me to portray an ED with the person constantly feeling like that & that it's not all about being thin. It is about control.

A lot of people don't understand that & automatically think, 'well, she's looking for attention & wants to be thin.'

When realistically, 'she wants to be in control & do everything perfect, she has to be perfect to be good neough & you can control what goes inside your body.' Etc.

So I hope I portrayed that feeling well.

Something that I draw from experience.

When I was writing this, I worried about triggering you.

Sometimes it makes me think about this when I write it or read it, but I hope I did it justice.

Your best One shot yet!!!!

Thank you so much, Bec. That really does mean a lot. Thank you :)

Loves you.

Once again, thank you for all the comments :wub:

Edited by -Carina-

Something that I draw from experience.

When I was writing this, I worried about triggering you.

Sometimes it makes me think about this when I write it or read it, but I hope I did it justice.

Your best One shot yet!!!!

Thank you so much, Bec. That really does mean a lot. Thank you :)

Loves you.

Once again, thank you for all the comments :wub:

awwww darling.... your so sweet, but I've done really well the last two years and I'm not in that head space to slip back so dont worry :)

and your more then welcome.... your an amazing writer, and I'm not not going to tell you :D

Wow. I am really impressed with the feedback you guys have given so far. I didn't know how amazing these comments would be so thank you Bec, Laurs & Steve :)

It's much appreciated to have feedback, especially the comments you have given to me.

It makes me realise that it is definitely worth my time & effort writing this so as you can read it. I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Well ...

Oh Carina, please don't misconstrue that comment! I am not at all implying that you must have had some ED!

I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have phrased it like that!

I only meant that the story was so detailed, the problem that Mattie was going through was so precise, it seemed as if you knew that what she felt like!

Carina, I'm so sorry!

I should have been more careful on how I said that!

Forgive me...?! :wub:

Xxxx

Oh Laura :lol: When I put 'well' it was said as though 'I do know how Mattie was feeling.'

So you don't need to be at all sorry. It didn't cause offence or anything. Honestly.

I typed it with me kind of as Mattie & in her position ... Feelings of self hatred, low self esteem, etc.

Xxxx :wub:

Edited by -Carina-

God, Carina :o This is brilliant, especially the senses you use to describe everything, that's what they always say about writing. Use every sense you have to get the reader into the scene :)

I go through hell everyday and nobody seems to care.

I'm sad to say that so many teenagers/ young women (and men too I suppose) have their own private hells and it all seems to be ignored and glossed over. With me it was that my dad died after a long illness when I was 13 and no one gave me the slightest help to cope.

I'm awestruck by your work, I really am. And a bit worried about you TBH but that's just the motherly bit of me, I can't help that.

God :o

Edited by Miranda