Which episodes do you look forward to most?

Guest beau_t

I'm 21 in September and I love watching The Early Years and look forward to them more than current episodes. I love seeing characters like Don and Ailsa from the beginning because I can only really remember from 1997 onwards when I was 7/8. I love the jukebox in The Bayside Diner too :lol:

You make me feel so old at 32 lol.It's great to see younger people who were either not old enough/not born enjoying the early years episodes.I am old enough to have watched them when they originally aired and although I don't watch current H&A I will always love the late 80's/90's era of the show.It truly was a superior show back then.I am so glad that I was able to watch that era when it originally aired.I hope 7two show all of the 90's episodes,not only for nostalgic people like myself but for people who were unable to watch when they first aired.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want see the episodes of Angels arrival.

Dani Sutherlands arrival

Gipsy arrival.

and i want watch all episodes of the 90's (most 1994 - 1997 period) with Isla Fisher as Shannon Reed., she was so talented and beautiful. love her ^^

and want see noah and hayley again ^^

I'm 21 in September and I love watching The Early Years and look forward to them more than current episodes. I love seeing characters like Don and Ailsa from the beginning because I can only really remember from 1997 onwards when I was 7/8. I love the jukebox in The Bayside Diner too :lol:

You make me feel so old at 32 lol.It's great to see younger people who were either not old enough/not born enjoying the early years episodes.I am old enough to have watched them when they originally aired and although I don't watch current H&A I will always love the late 80's/90's era of the show.It truly was a superior show back then.I am so glad that I was able to watch that era when it originally aired.I hope 7two show all of the 90's episodes,not only for nostalgic people like myself but for people who were unable to watch when they first aired.

I don't blame you for not watching current episodes. Like I said, if I had to choose, it would be The Early Years. It still had sinister storylines like the Stalker and Danny with Morag but there are so many comedy scenes and even the Stalker story had a heartwarming bit to it once everyone found out who the Stalker was and what was wrong with him. Even the presence of the opening credits is better. And there were several pillars of the community in Alf, Ailsa, Don, Pippa, Tom etc but now there is only Alf from the very beginning and he is still on a break from the show. It has been fun to see what Lance was like as well since Colleen mentions him all the time...

I am like this in all areas of society by the way. I really should have been born at least 10 years earlier like my elder siblings. I've always loved 80s music the most! :P

I'd love The Early Years to reach Vinnie's arrival one day, since he was my favourite character. Don't hold much hope though.

But that's exactly it Lulu1978 - it isn't just that you look back at it with rose tinted glasses and say it was better then because you grew up with it - as you just pointed out, it was better in terms of writing and production. Ok yes there were faults and inconsistencies along the way as well as poor acting back then too but overall there was a higher attention to detail Imo (and this is crucial)

These days the production values are far superior such as the way it is shot, lighting etc but the writing is lacking. I think any fans old or new appreciate good quality writing. The newer fans haven't ever seen how it used to be and so can only judge it for what it is now, it is up to the producers to make improvement. As I said, they are doing in areas which is great.

It's not just Home & Away though, I think this is also true of any long-running series. The current series of Doctor Who, for example, often comes up against similar criticism as above when old-school fans compare it to the 1970's heyday.

• 7 months later...

• Hayden's original stint

• Sophie getting pregnant and running away

• Nick, Loo & Ryan, and Shane's blood feud against Ryan, and Shane's criminal shenanigans, war with Tug, and path to jail

• The Musical where Shane kisses Sarah deliberately as payback to Tug, as Sarah sings Superman on stage

....and lots, lots more!

Archived