Which characters will we never see, or even be referred to again?

Guest matty

Most of the characters who have left in the last 20 years will probably never get mentioned again.Unless characters have family/close friends still living in town,they are forgotten about quickly after they leave as if they never existed.

Floss McPhee was referred to by Roo when she came back to the Bay. Marilyn was talking about her psychic beliefs and Roo said something along the lines of: "Oh, another Floss McPhee!"

I've been watching the early episodes of H&A quite closely over the past year and I don't remember Roo and Floss ever talking to each other.

I'm trying to remember if they ever did, but they obviously know each other as Floss had the premonition about Frank crashing his car on the day of his and Roo's wedding. She was a friend of Alf's as well and always in and out of his shop, so she would have known Roo off-screen.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the characters who have left in the last 20 years will probably never get mentioned again.Unless characters have family/close friends still living in town,they are forgotten about quickly after they leave as if they never existed.

Floss McPhee was referred to by Roo when she came back to the Bay. Marilyn was talking about her psychic beliefs and Roo said something along the lines of: "Oh, another Floss McPhee!"

I've been watching the early episodes of H&A quite closely over the past year and I don't remember Roo and Floss ever talking to each other.

I'm trying to remember if they ever did, but they obviously know each other as Floss had the premonition about Frank crashing his car on the day of his and Roo's wedding. She was a friend of Alf's as well and always in and out of his shop, so she would have known Roo off-screen.

Yes there's no doubt that Roo and Floss would have known each other well, even if they didn't share many scenes. Remember that it was Alf that owned the caravan park (where Floss and Nev lived), and he lived in Summer Bay House with Martha and Roo until Martha died. Floss looked after the house after they moved out until it was sold to the Fletchers in the Pilot episode.

Yes there's no doubt that Roo and Floss would have known each other well, even if they didn't share many scenes. Remember that it was Alf that owned the caravan park (where Floss and Nev lived), and he lived in Summer Bay House with Martha and Roo until Martha died. Floss looked after the house after they moved out until it was sold to the Fletchers in the Pilot episode.

^I agree. Also Floss attended Roo and Frank's wedding. And in those days the writers really hammered home just how tiny the Summer Bay community was, everybody really knew everybody. It's not like that now.

Real Roo. She's gone permanently when she leaves with Frank around Episode 345. The FAKE one in today's episodes bears no resemblance whatsoever to the real Ruth Stewart, other than to inherit some of her basic biographical parameters, like being Alf's daughter and Morag's neice.

Archived