Which characters will we never see, or even be referred to again?

Guest matty

I was hopeful about Alison returning. My friend told me that she and Barbara OR Roo was returning. He was right about Roo, but no sign of Alsion returning thus far. It would be great to see her and Matt again, too. Even if it were just a one-off reunion special, like 4000...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2008 they considered bringing in Alison as the new head of Summer Bay High, but for whatever reason they decided to create the character of Martin Bartlett instead.

I wonder what the actress is doing now.

According to the character profiles on this site, Patterson was last heard of after Sally's wedding and was working at a radio station. Teaching would be quite a career change and she couldn't have been in the job long enough to become a senior faculty member. Plus she was hardly a model student.

In 2008 they considered bringing in Alison as the new head of Summer Bay High, but for whatever reason they decided to create the character of Martin Bartlett instead.

According to the character profiles on this site, Patterson was last heard of after Sally's wedding and was working at a radio station. Teaching would be quite a career change and she couldn't have been in the job long enough to become a senior faculty member. Plus she was hardly a model student.

There's 8 years between that reference and 2008. That's longer than it took Sally to work her way up the ranks! (And just because Alison was working in radio, doesn't mean she hadn't qualified in teaching prior to or during that).

Most of the characters who have left in the last 20 years will probably never get mentioned again.Unless characters have family/close friends still living in town,they are forgotten about quickly after they leave as if they never existed.

Floss McPhee was referred to by Roo when she came back to the Bay. Marilyn was talking about her psychic beliefs and Roo said something along the lines of: "Oh, another Floss McPhee!"

I've been watching the early episodes of H&A quite closely over the past year and I don't remember Roo and Floss ever talking to each other.

Floss makes appearances every now and again though so I think she could be excluded.

That would have been so much better than dull Barnett. I wonder why they didn't follow through with it. I remember she was mentioned in 2000 as being Vinnie's cousin. For such a (relatively) small part, she is a very well remembered character. I looked up Kathryn Ridley, and it lists HAA as her only acting job.

That would have been so much better than dull Barnett. I wonder why they didn't follow through with it. I remember she was mentioned in 2000 as being Vinnie's cousin. For such a (relatively) small part, she is a very well remembered character. I looked up Kathryn Ridley, and it lists HAA as her only acting job.

I looked her up on IMDb and the only other credit listed is an episode of a comedy series called Hampton Court in 1991.(Which, amusingly, seems to count an immediately-post-HA Adam Willits among the regular cast.)

• 11 months later...

Stacey may be considered as a guest character because she never appeared in the opening credits, but she was in more episodes than Neville, Liam Tanner, Peta, Hugo, Judith, Charlotte, Grant, Viv, Emma, Josie, Simon, Stephanie, Alex Bennett, Rob, Ken, Edward, Lynn and Donna who all were in the opening!

Archived