Xavier/April

I did like the idea of Dex/April but when I saw Xave leaping to April's rescue at the party when Heath threw her in the pool, I thought what a great couple they were, they look great together :wub:

I love Dex... you know I do... I love April as well but I want them to become best friends not get together..

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'd prefer Dexter and April to remain friends too.I'm sort of glad that Xavier's moving on with his life because I didn't want him to be left miserable while she moved on, as seemed likely to happen at one point.But I'd still prefer it if they got back together and there've been just enough nudges in that direction to give me hope.

I was quite a Xavier/April fan before. I wouldn’t say they were a power couple and I didn’t like them anywhere near as much as my favourite couple of all time but I definitely liked them more than any of the other couples currently on the show. Xavier seemed really likeable with April (a stark contrast to when he was dating missy) and they seemed really sweet. When he was hospitalised from the poisonous fumes after pouring the chemicals down the sink and Gina warned April off him I really haven’t like the way April’s treated him. I remember when he bought her a necklace for her birthday and the smile she had on her face when she was wearing it then when Xavier rocked up unexpected, April turned on him all of a sudden and threw the gift right back in his face. There’s also the fact that he’s tried on more than one occasion to get back together with her but she was having none of it and been quite cold towards him so I feel that she doesn’t deserve him anyway. When he does move on she makes snide remarks about how childish he’s being lying about his age. To be honest it’s none of her damn business so she should just stay out of it. She made her choice. Granted that at first I thought she was trying to punish herself but it seemed liked jealousy at the house party.

It’s funny how the two characters have personally changed for me since the breakup and diverged. I used the really look forward to seeing April as I thought she was a breath of fresh air before. Now I’m getting pretty tired of her. I know we’re are supposed to feel sympathetic towards her regarding this OCD storyline but surprisingly I’m finding her annoying and the storyline uninteresting. In stark contrast I feel Xavier on the other hand has blossomed. He’s probably my favourite character at the moment and despite the breakup (where I thought he would decline) I’ve thoroughly enjoyed his interaction with some of the other characters in particular Dexter and Palmer.

Although I really liked Xavier and April I’m not too bothered if they don’t get back together and I would actually prefer that they don’t at this present time. I really, really like Xavier and Miranda and really hope that develops into a proper relationship but the whole thing seems destined to fail because Xavier lied about his age right from the start which is a shame.

I take your point, Slade.I guess it can be in a couple's advantage to not be a power couple, since they tend to be the ones with all the dramas and break-ups whereas secondary couples can kind of sneak through and stay together.It's ironic that when Xavier and April first got together, there was a lot of thought that April didn't need Xavier to be a good character and I kind of agreed with it even though I really enjoyed the way they sparked off each other.But now they've split up, Xavier's the one who's stayed likeable and who I still really enjoy watching while April seems to have become dull at best and annoying at worst.I don't know if it's down to the writing or the storyline or being surrounded by characters she doesn't have the same chemistry with.But if they don't get back together, I'm worried it might end up another case of a character being ruined.I'm kind of going back and forth over whether I think it's actually going to happen, it seems to be about 50/50:Sometimes I'll see an episode and think they're going to reunite, then I'll see another one and think it's over for good.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

It is looking like to me that a reunion isnt going to be anytime soon. April isnt in the place to get back with him and to be honest, I am not sure that they will do but I really want them to be together. I forgot how much I loved them together.

It is looking like to me that a reunion isnt going to be anytime soon. April isnt in the place to get back with him and to be honest, I am not sure that they will do but I really want them to be together. I forgot how much I loved them together.

I'm guessing you are responding exactly as H&A is hoping. Uncertainty about whether they get back together... true love triagle.

I'm guessing you are responding exactly as H&A is hoping. Uncertainty about whether they get back together... true love triagle.

Love triangle.... yes please! :D Might be better than Casey/Ruby/Romeo/Indi :D

Oh it will be!