Darts

Guest xGlowingAngelx

It wasn't really, was it? LOL. I was hoping for some amazing darts with a few nine-darters at least. It all fell a bit flat and Phil just ran away with it in the end, which was disappointing. I wanted Phil to win, but I was hoping it would be a much closer, edge-of-seat game and it just..... wasn't. LOL. At least Phil has won something this year now though :)

• 3 weeks later...

There's currently a live dart game I'm watching online at the moment, through some friends of mine. They're live-streaming the semi-finals (I think) in Queensland, Australia (they are originally from South Australia). Some top players are playing at the moment :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So, did anyone watch the World Cup????

Obviously, I'm thrilled England won :D, but I was a little gutted for the Aussies. I've been a Whitlock fan for a long time, and Paul Nicholson is one of those people that you love to hate and hate to love. Together, they made a fabulous partnership, and they played superbly throughout the tournament. The final wasn't hugely exciting until the sudden death leg. I wasn't expecting it to go sudden death, actually. I though the Aussies would have wrapped it up in the singles matches.

I've read a few comments from people calling out Lewis's behaviour, but I do think some are being a bit harsh. No, he wasn't hugely professional, and neither was Nicholson at the end, but I think it was more just fatigue. Lewis looked completely exhausted before the final had even started, and I think Phil carried him for a lot of it. I don't think it's going to be the start of some big Nicholson/Lewis rivalry. I just hope Lewis gets plenty of rest before Thursday.

Rather extraodinary that all 4 players had a shot at the double to win it. Nail-biting stuff! Fair play to both England and Australia. Have to mention Wales too, because they were fabulous throughout.

Kim Huybrechts continues to impress. He's one of the players I'm most looking forward to seeing more of. I like the Premier League, and I'm super looking forward to the return of it on Thursday, but I'm almost sad that it's only 8 players (Two of whom I'm not hugely thrilled at the prospect of watching, to be honest), when there are so many at the minute that are shining.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this hasn't been replied in for a while, but I thought I'd give it a little bump, see if I can revive it.

Has anyone been watching the Premier League?

The new format of having two players relegated worked really well, despite my initial doubts. Quite ironic that Newton was one of the players relegated, given he was the one player pretty much everybody backed to join the PL in the first place. Anderson being relegated didn't come as much a shock as it could have. His form really dipped over the last 12 months or so, which is a shame, because he's such a great player when he's on top of his game. I hope his form picks up again for the rest of the year. If not, I'm not sure I'd put him in the PL next year. After winning it in 2011, then finishing bottom 2012 and being relegated this year, a break from it could really help him.

Robert Thornton has been brilliant. I'm not a fan at all, but there's no denying he's a fabulous player and a real contender for the title.

Finally, though, after having been such an avid Phil Taylor supporter for so long, I have a new (joint) favourite in Michael Van Gerwen, who is just amazing. How far he's come in the last 12 months is phenomenal. Having been ranked somewhere in the 30's of the World Rankings just 12 months ago, he's currently ranked #2 in the world. An achievement thoroughly deserved. I'd be so, so happy if he won the PL. It's lovely to have somebody to get behind, and know that - then the time comes for Phil to retire (whenever they may be, though I hope it's not for a while yet) there's somebody to follow. At only 23, he's still got such a bright future ahead of him.

Nice to see Barney and Wade getting back to their brilliant bests of late. I'm no James Wade fan either, but I appreciate good Darts, and he's really provided that over the last few months.

Looking forward to Thursday's Premier League game between Phil and Michael. I never really mind who wins when they play one another, but Phil needs the points more than Michael. Plus, Michael also plays Wade on Thursday, so I'll be hoping he wins that. Either way, I'll be happy with the winner of the Taylor/MVG game.

Archived