Casey Braxton - Lincoln Younes

Thanks @Jessie.. I love your theory on Casey

joining the Police Academy while he is filming for Tangle.

Im on a roll agreeing with it!

I think this would be a genius idea. Is it a coincidence that when Charlie, Ruby and Casey were having dinner at Angelo’s after they took their trials and Casey mentioned he had no idea what to do in the future and Charlie/Ruby joked about her recruiting him for the force? Was this a sneaky sneak peek into the future??

It would be a great s/l right?! (Although maybe a little wishful) But it would fit in perfectly with Casey already being considered and feeling like the outsider in the RBs - this would only make it worse. And having recently seen all the heavy involvement that Brax and co are in re drugs maybe this will be his way of getting out or making a stand that he is not the same?! It would be such a difficult journey for him to prove himself on the professional level while fighting family demons!

Also IF the writers plan to keep Ruby and Casey together it would be cool to do something like this. Charlie will accept Casey (lack of drama there – so that is not too convincing an argument!) but also a weird way of the world making a nice circle as Ruby has been brought up in a family of cops.

Not sure what they are planning with the teens but it seems they are focussing on life after school with Romeo’s business. Indi talked of having a business in the future. I think there was mention of Dex following in Sid’s footsteps in Medical School? Maybe HAA are planning for the kids to actually move past HSC and not repeat just so they can keep them in a uniform?!

Anyway I really love the idea of COP Casey - It has a really nice ring to it (ohh and Heath will be standing odd man out again this way). I would enjoy this kind of drama of his struggles more than him following in the Rbs criminal ways. The Army isn’t a bad idea though.

(Thanks in advance IF someone needs to add more tags!)

Edited by DocZed64

Been watching clips of Casey and Ruby when they were first getting to know each other. God Ruby was rude to him and judgemental about him and he was so nice to her. It was around the same time Ruby was chasing after Romeo. I'm glad she's changed.

Not looking forward to when Casey leaves.

Edited by shelly25

Yes, I like the idea of Casey as a cop. He has pointed out that he don't want to one of the River boys. That he feels like he don't belong.

Maybe going his own way would be great for him. I also hope he stays in school and get his exams.

I've always been able to see Casey as either a cop or a teacher in the future. Being a cop would create some good drama with Heath and his mum, as well as the rest of the River Boys. And becoming a teacher, because then he could help kids like himself.

However, with this news of him being expelled, I doubt either are likely.

I mean, don't you have to have an HSC to join the police force/go to police academy?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Spoiler tags added.

^^Tell me about it. The latest spoilers SUCK! I really hope there is a good explanation for it though. If it is for a good cause then it's okay. But if he is just acting out again it will be so pointless with all the lectures Brax has given him. Plus he really doesn't have a dark side to him like Heath (and Brax) so it just seems so unnecessarily dramatic to have him not complete his HSC. But there is bound to be a way in the world of SB. Maybe he repeats next year? Surely none of us saw that potentially coming to play?!

Well in the real world there are options like boarding school and the army BUT hoping for a twist (I hope)

Edited by DocZed64

• 4 weeks later...

So confused about how long Casey won't be on Home and Away for. I read 2-3 months while people are saying 6 months. Hopefully he won't be gone for too long. Worried what he'll be like when he gets back from where ever he is going. Hopefully that when he gets back, he and Ruby will eventually get back together. They are such a good couple.

The scene between Brax and Casey actually had me in tears. That is my favourite Steve Peacock scene by far hands down. And Lincoln was just phenomenal. His eyes, the depth of emotion he displays, the confusion and fear for his brothers' safety. Lincoln is so incredibly underrated and he is just nailing Casey. I was so, so impressed with how much Brax loved his baby brother today. The moment he had his hand on his face and tried to convey to his brother that it was a good thing that Casey didn't have that hint of cruelty in him. It was perfect. Stand out scene for me.

• Like 1