Casey Braxton - Lincoln Younes

I can't wait for the Henri storyline to be over, but I'd give it another month.

I feel like it was put there for no reason other than to have a sideline-type story since all the focus is on the Bianca baby drama <_<

I miss his character development storylines already :(

I feel like it's just going to be a pre-text to Casey's supposed future

self destruction.

Like maybe she dumps him and he ends up losing it (even more than he already has.)

lol I sure hope so (in a weird way) but only cos he's the only character on H&A who isn't defined by his "love life". All the others have issues with their partners or longing for someone (except Sasha at the moment) and I feel like his own character development has been driving his story-lines until Henri came along

It won't be a good year for poor Casey, but it makes him more interesting to watch

I 100% agree with you. Obviously this thing with Henri is just part of a bigger plot-line. If it's not though, I'm gunna be really peed off at the writers for turning Casey into some soppy, over-dramatic teenager like the rest of them.

I can't wait for the Henri storyline to be over, but I'd give it another month.

I feel like it was put there for no reason other than to have a sideline-type story since all the focus is on the Bianca baby drama <_<

I miss his character development storylines already :(

I feel like it's just going to be a pre-text to Casey's supposed future

self destruction.

Like maybe she dumps him and he ends up losing it (even more than he already has.)

lol I sure hope so (in a weird way) but only cos he's the only character on H&A who isn't defined by his "love life". All the others have issues with their partners or longing for someone (except Sasha at the moment) and I feel like his own character development has been driving his story-lines until Henri came along

It won't be a good year for poor Casey, but it makes him more interesting to watch

I 100% agree with you. Obviously this thing with Henri is just part of a bigger plot-line. If it's not though, I'm gunna be really peed off at the writers for turning Casey into some soppy, over-dramatic teenager like the rest of them.

I feel like the writers will have bigger and more adult story lines for Casey now rather than typical teenage story lines.

Casey is a great character. Deep inside he has a big heart :)

Agreed.

After seeing him again on NZ tv today I actually feel that he is way more mature than the other teens in Summer Bay. Since he's been through so much in his life. Casey's slowly becoming one of my favourite characters :)

Casey has always been one of my favourite characters ... from the start I always felt sorry for him, especially because Heath picked on him so much.

I can see now though that they are real brothers ... Heath mostly would give Casey a hard time but when something serious happens, they are always there for each other.

I love how too Lincoln Younes has gradually acted out Casey growing up ... Casey from a year ago is almost a distant memory when I look at how he is today. A lot of that I think is thanks to Ruby, juvi and of course what he and his family have been exposed to in the past year. He saw what Brax went through with Charlie and when there when she died .. he has been a constant to both Ruby and Brax in a time when they really needed him and I have so much admiration for him for that.

I personally feel that his pairing with Henri is just an utter disaster, mainly on her side because I don't like her at all. It brings out an interesting side in Casey though, one that I didn't feel existed. I would have never thought him to be this kinda guy who just completely disregards the risk and dangers etc. Previous times he has done wrong, but he has always done it regrettably .. but not this time with Henri which really surprises me.

Casey has matured so much over the past year, I just love how he is now and I love how Lincoln Younes is playing him.

He is doing a really good job! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Poor Casey the new teacher is nearly bullying him and he almost go in trouble for helping Xavier out by taking Sasha home and I don't like the teacher who took Miss Brown's place he is so mean. He got really angry when Casey walked out of detention to go to work.I hope Casey straights him out soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Casey is one of those characters that I forget that I like until something bad happens to him in which my first urge is to want to tackle him into a hug and pet him and tell him everything is going to be okay.

This happened at the end of last week when Danny finally cracked it and smacked Casey in the face. I gasped. Like, literally gasped out loud at my tv and thought I might cry because Danny had him pinned to the table and there was that look in Casey's eye that was pure, unadulterated terror, before he quickly covered it up. It was so sad seeing Casey say that he deserved it, and the strange thing is that I've seen some posts saying people saying it was sad, and they feel sorry for Casey, but no one has really reacted. Like, if this was John hitting Jett or Sid hitting Dex I'm pretty sure the whole board would be in a rage, but because this is Danny, who we don't really expected anything less from, and Casey, who has put himself in a precarious position, it seems ok to let it slip by. But it's not okay, and I'm actually really angry at the fact that Casey doesn't have that father figure he wants. I think initially Casey honestly thought his dad had changed; that getting out of jail and being with his son would make him want to be a better person - for Casey. So Casey was willing to do anything to forge some kind of relationship with Danny, and now he's doing his best to justify everything that Danny has put him through and made him do, by saying it's so he can keep an eye on him - when really, the only person Danny is looking out for, is himself.

What is also really depressing for me is that I actually think that Casey still loves Ruby, except he knows that she won't ever feel the same way because she's so hung up on Romeo. She only goes to Casey after Romeo has rejected her, and Casey wants to protect her - like, wants to make sure she's safe and away from harm, and as a result has put himeslf in the firing line for her. Having said that, I don't want them to get back together, but I do want some sort of resolution - for Ruby to know what Casey has done for her and to realise that her and Romeo are never going to happen. That would be enough for me.

So, yeah. Casey Braxton seems like he's just a bit of a stupid attractive teenage boy, but then - BAM! He hits you in the face with all the feelings. I did not sign up for this.

• Like 1

Casey is one of those characters that I forget that I like until something bad happens to him in which my first urge is to want to tackle him into a hug and pet him and tell him everything is going to be okay.

This happened at the end of last week when Danny finally cracked it and smacked Casey in the face. I gasped. Like, literally gasped out loud at my tv and thought I might cry because Danny had him pinned to the table and there was that look in Casey's eye that was pure, unadulterated terror, before he quickly covered it up. It was so sad seeing Casey say that he deserved it, and the strange thing is that I've seen some posts saying people saying it was sad, and they feel sorry for Casey, but no one has really reacted. Like, if this was John hitting Jett or Sid hitting Dex I'm pretty sure the whole board would be in a rage, but because this is Danny, who we don't really expected anything less from, and Casey, who has put himself in a precarious position, it seems ok to let it slip by. But it's not okay, and I'm actually really angry at the fact that Casey doesn't have that father figure he wants. I think initially Casey honestly thought his dad had changed; that getting out of jail and being with his son would make him want to be a better person - for Casey. So Casey was willing to do anything to forge some kind of relationship with Danny, and now he's doing his best to justify everything that Danny has put him through and made him do, by saying it's so he can keep an eye on him - when really, the only person Danny is looking out for, is himself.

What is also really depressing for me is that I actually think that Casey still loves Ruby, except he knows that she won't ever feel the same way because she's so hung up on Romeo. She only goes to Casey after Romeo has rejected her, and Casey wants to protect her - like, wants to make sure she's safe and away from harm, and as a result has put himeslf in the firing line for her. Having said that, I don't want them to get back together, but I do want some sort of resolution - for Ruby to know what Casey has done for her and to realise that her and Romeo are never going to happen. That would be enough for me.

So, yeah. Casey Braxton seems like he's just a bit of a stupid attractive teenage boy, but then - BAM! He hits you in the face with all the feelings. I did not sign up for this.

Wow, really good post. I like everything you wrote.

I am enjoy watching Casey pretend to care about his Dad and ignoring Brax and saying he's at his mum's when he is keeping an eye on Danny I hope Casey doesn't die in the fatal car crash/shooting tonight I wonder who does die.