Casey Braxton - Lincoln Younes

I think Casey has been a bit underutilised at times and I hope they manage to continue developing him as the nice one of the Braxton family rather than sending him down the River Boys route.I find it odd that people act as though Brax is the one saving him from that life when in fact Brax is a millstone around his neck:He's the main reason why he went to juvenile detention, why his life's been put at risk and why he was expelled from school.Unfortunately, I can't see Casey getting away from him any time soon.I have very mixed feelings about his relationship with Ruby, I think it was good for both of them when they first got together but they've both changed since then and it seems at times as though Casey is a bit too dependent on her.

She's dependent on him too though. Unless she's with Casey (and sometimes Xavier), she's on her own. She really doesn't haven't many friends. At least Casey has Dex and Xavier and his brothers, and it looks like

him and April might get closer

, although I do wish the writers would pay more attention to his friendships - especially with Xave and Dex.

I think Casey has been a bit underutilised at times and I hope they manage to continue developing him as the nice one of the Braxton family rather than sending him down the River Boys route.I find it odd that people act as though Brax is the one saving him from that life when in fact Brax is a millstone around his neck:He's the main reason why he went to juvenile detention, why his life's been put at risk and why he was expelled from school.Unfortunately, I can't see Casey getting away from him any time soon.I have very mixed feelings about his relationship with Ruby, I think it was good for both of them when they first got together but they've both changed since then and it seems at times as though Casey is a bit too dependent on her.

She's dependent on him too though. Unless she's with Casey (and sometimes Xavier), she's on her own. She really doesn't haven't many friends. At least Casey has Dex and Xavier and his brothers, and it looks like

him and April might get closer

, although I do wish the writers would pay more attention to his friendships - especially with Xave and Dex.

Unfortunately, it seems to be more about relationships these days than friendships in this show. There seems to be very little of the just hanging out with friends which is a shame as I thought Xav, Dex and Casey had the start of a something good - I enjoyed the scenes they had when the three were together but it never went anywhere. Ruby and Casey need friends outside of their relationship, yet most of their scenes revolve around their messed up older siblings/screwed up mother and have very little time for friends; Ruby has had more to do with others lately but only because Casey hasn't been there, but now that he's back, Ruby's life will once again be consumed by him (much like her mother's life always becomes consumed by the man because she can't exist without one it seems) and with the continual problems caused by his own family, Casey life will continue to go along the same path.

We still don't really know what Casey experienced in juvie and he has no decent role model in his life so I have a feeling Casey will fall into the lifestyle just like Heath followed Brax. I feel sorry for Casey, largely because of his older brothers offering him nothing in the way of an example - Brax is by far the worst possible role model, he's so abusive, manipulative and controlling that he corrupts everyone he touches that I really don't see anything redeeming in him - he helped shaped Heath into the violent criminal he is now and both Casey and Charlie have been dragged down by their association with him and corrupted until they also broke the law for Brax and Brax barely cares as long as he's in the clear and the cops are off his back. Whereas Brax shows no sign of supporting Heath into making his life better, prefering to use him for his own violent and illegal ends then ridiculing and putting him down when he tries to do his own thing, Brax has tried to push Casey to a better life, but his example is to show Casey that it's ok to break the law, destroy people's lives and hurt people along the way to achieve this, it's ok to avoid responsibility and sell out your friends (even if they're like family) to save yourself and it's also perfectly ok to use, lie and manipulate women for your own ends and if anyone stands in your way, bash, threaten, buy a gun to kill them or manipulate them till they're no longer a problem - with that type of person in his life, Casey needs friends, but I doubt that will happen because the show seems to be of the opinion that an abusive, manipulate drug trafficking criminal who lies, uses and hurts anyone he deems as a threat to his freedom (even those he's supposed to love), is sexy and exciting and because it's for family (I'm personally of the opinion it's all about him and keeping his own freedom as he's still the only one yet to go to jail yet more than any of the others, most deserves to be punished), that Brax's actions (ie. multiple crimes and appalling acts) are somehow noble and he is actually a decent human being (sorry, but that requires a conscience, honesty and respect for others which Brax doesn't have) so I think we'll see Casey follow after Mr Can Do No Wrong (especially as criminals are so sexy, fun and exciting) and for that, I pity Casey. He alone has the potential for more, yet he's dragged down because of his name and the criminal mentality of his brothers who care for nothing but themselves.

Even if Charlie lives

and Charlie became like a defacto mum to Casey, he'd still get little education in right and wrong because now Charlie's a corrupt cop with no honour or integrity and who no longer believes in the law or right and wrong - if she did, she wouldn't turn a blind eye to Mr Drug Trafficker and think a person who could do the things he has and hurt and lie to her is wonderful and put him in jail with Heath.

I do hope we see Casey make more friends, but I think it will be more likely be with the River Boys (it is their show after all) and/or another girlfriend, then back with Ruby, then split yet again because that's the theme of the show. I actually hope Casey and Ruby do break up so they can develop Casey as an individual character because I'm sick of new characters arriving and quickly falling into relationships - we rarely get to see them as individuals before they become defined by their relationships.

Edited by b2sb09
  • Like 1

Pretty much agree with everything that has been said about Casey. He does a lot of stupd things but thats mainly of what his home life is like. His family are criminals and even though he was the one who burnt down the house, he did it because Brax was going to kill Jake. He was trying to protect him. Brax can go on and on about wanting a better life for Casey but all Casey see's is Brax and his family breaking the law constantely.

I agree that it's a shame the characters don't have more non-romantic relationships:Ruby's been a bit bereft of friends since Nicole left, there's been a vague attempt to make her friends with April but it's very sporadic, and Casey's friendships with Xavier and Dexter seem to have been very neglected lately.I think there's a very good chance that Casey will be repeating Year 12 next year, which will hopefully mean an opportunity for him to interact with characters other than his family and Ruby.(Then again, we could end up with a situation like the end of Aden's school career, where he was supposed to be at school but we never saw him there and he spent all his time at Belle's house rather than his own.)I hope that they'll resist the temptation to send Casey down the dark path:Whilst starting the fire was dangerous, it was well-intentioned and I don't think he meant to hurt anyone.It is unfortunately unlikely that they'll get him away from Brax given the heavy focus on the family but I hope we'll continue to see him trying to stay apart from that life.

I'd like to see the storylines with Casey go in another direction. I think without the influence of Ruby and the adults that back her Casey will drift back into the life he knows from the example of his family. Rememeber that Irene has had a substantial influence on Ruby so had Leah. In that sense I think Casey's relationship with Ruby is important to his eeking another direction for his life.

A lot will depend on where Ruby turns to for wiser counsel. If Ruby turns to Irene, Leah and perhaps Roo then both she and Casey could become a stable and mutually supportive couple who would help each other to grow within that relationship.

Edited by john003au

I'd like to see the storylines with Casey go in another direction. I think without the influence of Ruby and the adults that back her Casey will drift back into the life he knows from the example of his family. Rememeber that Irene has had a substantial influence on Ruby so had Leah. In that sense I think Casey's relationship with Ruby is important to his eeking another direction for his life.

A lot will depend on where Ruby turns to for wiser counsel. If Ruby turns to Irene, Leah and perhaps Roo then both she and Casey could become a stable and mutually supportive couple who would help each other to grow within that relationship.

I'd like to see Casey's storylines go in a different direction, but I think as long as the show is hung up on the popularity of the River Boys, there's every chance they'll go the same route with Casey. I hope I'm wrong though.

Ruby has other adult influences in her life aside from her mother and I think Casey could benefit in the same way.

Now that Miles has left,

, perhaps Elijah could step in because he definitely needs outside guidance because his brothers only seem to know one way and that's already lead Casey to juvie. It also doesn't help that both Ruby and Casey think Brax is wonderful (despite all the times her mother has been hurt by this man's lies and corruption and her life endangered over and over again because of him) and that Casey wants to be like him, so Casey needs someone outside of Brax's corrupting influence.

I know family is important, but I think both Casey and Heath could benefit from getting away from Brax's controlling and manipulative influence (which will never happen because Brax is just the greatest ever), especially Heath who's actions are largely led by his controlling brother - Brax has been happy to use Heath for his dirty work and as his enforcer yet is also happy to put him down and slap him around if Heath does something that threatens the precious lie Brax has convinced Charlie and others of, that he is somehow better and more worthy than those he ordered to commit crimes for him and it's funny how often when Heath has done something stupid and illegal, it's not long after Brax has abused him or ridiculed and put him down when he's tried to prove him self capable of leading or doing things his own way; Brax has all but laughed at Heath's attempts at times.

Edited by b2sb09

Hi guys!

Sorry if this sounds a bit damn but I was actually wondering if anybody knew on which day Lincoln's birthday was.....

I checked EVERY single website I found and I found NOTHING.

So in case anybody knows, PLEASE write it here or PM it to me!!!

I'm actually sounding kinda desperate now..... hmmmm....

Anyway, I'll be writing a post (or editing this one) soon about Casey this year...

Cheers,

Sandra

Hi guys!

Sorry if this sounds a bit damn but I was actually wondering if anybody knew on which day Lincoln's birthday was.....

Anyway, I'll be writing a post (or editing this one) soon about Casey this year...

Cheers,

Sandra

Pretty sure it's 31 jan but check his twitter account. Might have it there

Hi guys!

Cheers,

Sandra

Pretty sure it's 31 jan but check his twitter account. Might have it there

Already have, there's nothing. Twitter was one of the pages I checked first. But thanks for the suggestion. :) .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Cheers,

Sandra

I read in TV week January 31st