The Diner isn't very...

Guest beau_t

I've been watching some of the old episodes online and couldn't believe how quickly the Diner opened - Ailsa suggests opening a drop-in-centre to Bobby, then it's mentioned as being a coffee shop, then the next thing Ailsa is busy setting up the place which is already decorated with the exception of the kitchen. We then see a sign going up for the 'Grand Opening' and Ailsa mentioning it but that's all skipped and it's just open.

When do they stop referring to it as the coffee shop and start calling it the Diner (as all the signage says)?

I think if you notice at the start of the episodes towards the end of 1988, there's some gaps in time between the episodes. For instance, 3 weeks take place between 224 and 225, and I'm sure there's a gap between 226 and 227.

Aaah, thanks Ryan - I knew there was a 3 week gap between 224 & 225 as I've been using the episode summaries on BTTB as a guide as I go along.

I've also just checked them and noticed that I missed in small print that there was another 3 week gap between 228 and 229, which I'd sort of realised was the beginning of the new season, but didn't think about the gap, but the Diner opening seems to have happened inbetween 229 and 230.

Archived