Charlie/Darryl 'Brax'

Although there is a lot of chemistry between Brax and Charlie, there's also something about the potential for them to be a couple that leaves me feeling rather uncomfortable.

I dunno why? Maybe it's because I always thought eventually they would put Charlie with a man who doesn't have a bad reputation, or a bad boy image, or who has done a lot of morally questionable things. Just a regular guy with a regular job from a regular family who doesn't make you question whether or not he's genuine.

The last three guys Charlie has been with or slept with have all done something dodgy. Although I would like to believe that Brax is just a good guy with a bad rep, another part of me would be really disappointed if this were true considering the hype around them shaking up the Bay. That part of me wants him to be just plain bad. And if that happens, then I don't think I want to see him potentially in a relationship with Charlie.

Especially when myself and other members have been giving her grief over her treatment of Casey. It would be stupid of the writers to have Charlie preaching to Ruby about staying away from Casey because he's a River Boy, then to have her turn around and jump into bed with Brax who is not only a River Boy, but pretty much the proclaimed leader of the River Boys. I understand she's a protective mother, but you can't tell your own child to act one way, when you go completely against your own word and do the opposite of what you've been preaching. It's bad parenting plain and simple.

While I love the chemistry between them and I agree that they are a potentially hot couple, another part of me is conflicted and screaming out that this is doomed to fail. And the this sense of a Romeo and Juliet feeling that they are using to promote it only makes me doubt the longevity of a possible romance even more. Considering that Romeo and Juliet ended in in tragedy, and they were pretty much doomed from the beginning because of their polar opposite existences and their individual peers frowned upon their romance, maybe a long term romance isn't actually on the cards. It is possible for people to be sexually attracted to each other but for no real relationship to come out of it.

I think I'm going to wait and see how this pairing developes before I start uncorking the champers!!

I agree with all of that. There's an obvious attraction between them, and the idea of the cop and the dodgy possibly criminal guy could be intriguing, but ultimately I'm not sure how it would work between them. If they're seriously talking relationship here then one of them is going to have to change who they are. It's yet to be seen exactly how illegal Brax's activities are, but given that Charlie is 100% a cop there's no way she'd turn a blind eye to any kind of dodgy behaviour, and if she did it would lose the character a lot of respect, in my eyes anyway. Likewise for Brax. They were introduced as these bad boys that would shake up the bay and to have him turn out to be completely clean, or for him to change his ways for the love of a good woman would be a bit of a cop out.

And I'm sick of all the on again off again relationships on the show. There's already enough of them to put up with without having Brax and Charlie be another one. Plus Charlie's relationship with Angelo was one of them too so I'm not in the mood for seeing her doing all that again.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, I feel what really needs to happen for Charlie and Brax to truly realise how they feel about eachother, is for some life-threatening situation to occur and where Charlie or Brax's, preferably Charlie's, life is at risk.

That way, Brax can dive in and save her. Charlie realises how much she loves him, gets over her commitment issues, hiding it from Ruby and the station etc. and finally officially starts going out with Brax.

I know at this stage it's Charlie that is putting the brakes on her relationship with Brax but I just feel a life-threatening situation involving the two of them would really liven things up a bit!

Everybody loves high action drama!

It would all just make for very good tv!

That is just my opinion though! :)

I think Brax and Charlie are kind of a rip off of adelle, but I really don't care, because I love Charlie and Brax relationship!!! I miss adelle so it's good to have them on screen. There are similarities between Aden/Belle, Charlie/Brax.

We need more scenes with them, right now we haven't got enoguh :lol:

I think Brax and Charlie are kind of a rip off of adelle, but I really don't care, because I love Charlie and Brax relationship!!! I miss adelle so it's good to have them on screen. There are similarities between Aden/Belle, Charlie/Brax.

We need more scenes with them, right now we haven't got enoguh :lol:

They kind of are, aren't they!

I swear, some of the scenes they are in are so familiar to Adelle, I'm just like omg! :blink:

Still love them though! :wub:

I totally agree with you there!

They need to be onscreen wayyy more often than just once or twice a week!

Edited by LauraPhilly!!

I think they do kind of share the problem Aden and Belle had in the early days, in that you've got two characters who've gone from being antagonistic towards each other to sleeping together without any sort of in between stage, bar the odd slightly jarring personal conversation in between not getting on.And not "We don't really like each other but we fancy the pants off each other" sleeping together but "Gooey-eyed, romantic declarations that people use in signatures" sleeping together.If you've been shipping them and think their every interaction drips with sexual chemistry:Great, put out the bunting.If, like me, you've been sitting on the fence, unsure about them and waiting to see how the relationship develops, it feels a bit false.