Charlie/Darryl 'Brax'

I can't say I've ever seen Charlie as having "brilliant chemistry" with either of them.I liked her and Angelo as a couple because, whilst they were far from perfect, I did think they could have been happy if they'd got their act together, but that's clearly not going to happen now,

especially with him leaving

, so I've moved on.Her and Brax make a rather curious pair, there does seem to be an attraction between them but it's hard to imagine them living happily ever after.As things stands, if they hooked up at the moment it'd be a bit difficult to avoid the other River Boys turning on Brax for dating a cop and/or Charlie facing awkward questions from her superiors about dating a "person of interest".

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's Home & Away so things happen at super fast speed but he's only been on the show a few weeks and people are rabid for them to get together already. And I'm sure they will* which will inevitably lead to a break up and then they'll get back together and break up etc. etc.

When was the last time they had a couple take their time getting together and then just stay together? Sally & Flynn? Rachel & Tony?

There's a promo video for when it came back after Christmas break and it shows them kissing and it's not the one from outside the surf club. I'm not sure how far in advance they film but if it was in a promo made like 2 months ago it can't be that far off happening in the show.

Oh and I was just reading the character descriptions on the H&A website and it says about Brax and some

"friend with benefits" girl. Have we seen her yet or do we think we will see her at all?

I'm trying to catch up on a few episodes so I haven't seen all their episodes yet. Seems a bit random to throw that into the description and then not do anything with it.

I think they will show Brax and the Friends with Benefits girl. It would be interesting to see her in the show... to see how Charlie will react etc.

I didn't really like Angelo and Charlie. But... I am liking Charlie and Brax. It is going to be interesting to see their relationship develop. A cop and a River boy who people think is a bad boy getting together. The reaction from the bay, Rubys reaction, Angelos etc.

It is going to be interesting to see how the River Boy Gang react to Charlie and Brax getting together?

Edited by jessica_2005

I can't wait to see them together, just they way they will be with eachother and also the bay's rection. I think she needs some light hearted stuff and he seems to really like her.

I really wanna see the episode in which they kiss not the one outside the surf club but the one inn the other promo, it shouldn't be that long till we see it though, maybe 2 weeks?

:rolleyes:

Edited by charlieandbrax-homeandaway

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's Home & Away so things happen at super fast speed but he's only been on the show a few weeks and people are rabid for them to get together already. And I'm sure they will* which will inevitably lead to a break up and then they'll get back together and break up etc. etc.

When was the last time they had a couple take their time getting together and then just stay together? Sally & Flynn? Rachel & Tony?

There's a promo video for when it came back after Christmas break and it shows them kissing and it's not the one from outside the surf club. I'm not sure how far in advance they film but if it was in a promo made like 2 months ago it can't be that far off happening in the show.

Oh and I was just reading the character descriptions on the H&A website and it says about Brax and some

"friend with benefits" girl. Have we seen her yet or do we think we will see her at all?

I'm trying to catch up on a few episodes so I haven't seen all their episodes yet. Seems a bit random to throw that into the description and then not do anything with it.

I think they will show Brax and the Friends with Benefits girl. It would be interesting to see her in the show... to see how Charlie will react etc.

I didn't really like Angelo and Charlie. But... I am liking Charlie and Brax. It is going to be interesting to see their relationship develop. A cop and a River boy who people think is a bad boy getting together. The reaction from the bay, Rubys reaction, Angelos etc.

It is going to be interesting to see how the River Boy Gang react to Charlie and Brax getting together?

Any one in that town who objects to Charlie being involved with Brax needs to remember what her last boyfriend did (and not just the part where he killed a guy.) I'm curious about Ruby's reaction, she might be happy if it means Charlie gets off her back about dating Braxtons, though she could also be annoyed after the grief Charlie gave her.

Episode 5270: Charlie gets invited to meet the Braxtons. Casey's wary of Ruby's grand plan - Just a thought, but what if Ruby's plan is to get Brax and Charlie together or at least as friends so that Charlie will be more accepting of Casey and the Braxton's in general - too far fetched?

As for Angelo, he dumped her and he's happy to do business with Brax so if he objects, he's just a hypocrite (as usual); if he wasn't too fussed about Brax's shady dealings, he should just butt out and he should also remember his own history, which seems to have been entirely forgotten - I'm surprised that a guy like Brax who seems to know a lot or even Heath on the night of the brawl, didn't have some dig at Angelo about his own brushes with the law and the fact he should be in jail.

I'd like to see Charlie and Brax as a couple but I'd much rather they played out the sexual tension a lot longer; so sick of them having the women sleeping with guys when they barely know them. Can anyone really blame Ruby for jumping into bed with guys when mumsy's throwing herself at guys and she has her own history of being a cheater and also sleeping with a guy who had a girlfriend (tho I don't think Angelo really cared that much for May, it was just that she was the only one who gave him the time of day)

It would have been nice if Charlie abstained for more than 5 minutes and I hope that once the deed is done, it's not the same old never-ending relationship boredom of Changelo with their endless problems and breakups. I also hope the writers remember that Charlie has a daughter and don't have her neglecting her by getting so wrapped up in her latest boyfriend's problems like she did with Angelo. Considering who Brax is and who Charlie is, no doubt there will be problems for them as individuals, even though people shouldn't have a problem with Charlie being with Brax as they don't know if he has actually done anything wrong. Brax on the other hand, I can see his River Boys not being too happy with him being with a cop, esp. a cop who's after them.

There's a lot to be said about drawing out the sexual tension between an impending couple; it would be a shame if H&A lose this by having them sleeping together too quickly.

Edited by b2sb09

Mod note: Please keep the discussion in this thread related to the current status of the Charlie/Brax relationship. Alluding to spoilers is fine, but keep all spoiler discussion in the relevant spoiler threads. Please do not make singular posts in this thread with spoilers only. This thread is for discussion of the current Australian storyline, lets keep it that way :).

Mod note: Please keep the discussion in this thread related to the current status of the Charlie/Brax relationship. Alluding to spoilers is fine, but keep all spoiler discussion in the relevant spoiler threads. Please do not make singular posts in this thread with spoilers only. This thread is for discussion of the current Australian storyline, lets keep it that way :).

Okay, thanks for letting me know :)

I adore these two. Seperately, together, it doesnt matter (mainly together though :wink: ) I can't stand these two not together anymore! I just want them to give into each other! the tension is sooooooooooooo there and they are just :wub:

Although there is a lot of chemistry between Brax and Charlie, there's also something about the potential for them to be a couple that leaves me feeling rather uncomfortable.

I dunno why? Maybe it's because I always thought eventually they would put Charlie with a man who doesn't have a bad reputation, or a bad boy image, or who has done a lot of morally questionable things. Just a regular guy with a regular job from a regular family who doesn't make you question whether or not he's genuine.

The last three guys Charlie has been with or slept with have all done something dodgy. Although I would like to believe that Brax is just a good guy with a bad rep, another part of me would be really disappointed if this were true considering the hype around them shaking up the Bay. That part of me wants him to be just plain bad. And if that happens, then I don't think I want to see him potentially in a relationship with Charlie.

Especially when myself and other members have been giving her grief over her treatment of Casey. It would be stupid of the writers to have Charlie preaching to Ruby about staying away from Casey because he's a River Boy, then to have her turn around and jump into bed with Brax who is not only a River Boy, but pretty much the proclaimed leader of the River Boys. I understand she's a protective mother, but you can't tell your own child to act one way, when you go completely against your own word and do the opposite of what you've been preaching. It's bad parenting plain and simple.

While I love the chemistry between them and I agree that they are a potentially hot couple, another part of me is conflicted and screaming out that this is doomed to fail. And the this sense of a Romeo and Juliet feeling that they are using to promote it only makes me doubt the longevity of a possible romance even more. Considering that Romeo and Juliet ended in in tragedy, and they were pretty much doomed from the beginning because of their polar opposite existences and their individual peers frowned upon their romance, maybe a long term romance isn't actually on the cards. It is possible for people to be sexually attracted to each other but for no real relationship to come out of it.

I think I'm going to wait and see how this pairing developes before I start uncorking the champers!!

Edited by lollypop