Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

Okay, wasn't expecting that.The backstory for Eleanor was interesting although the cynical part of me is still thinking that the plot doesn't seem to have progressed much.I'm assuming that the conversation between Megan and Eleanor will turn out to be significant and that maybe she'll find out who's going to die as a result.Looking forward to reading the long-awaited conclusion of this!

Thanks for your review. It won't seem like it at the moment, but that chapter has actually taken the plot forward and will tie in with a scene I've had in my mind for a long time (tho as this fic started out as a birthday party and I decided to introduce ghosts and omens and complicate matters... :rolleyes::blink:. The main theme of the story is still friendship. :wink:

Okay, I trust you.I was surprised to see you introducing a new plotline when there's already plenty to be going on with him but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm damned if I know HOW I've done it as I've been busy working on other writing projects and this story is a bit complicated VERY complicated :rolleyes: but I HAVE managed almost 2000 words of the next chapter so could update any time in the next week when I've edited. Thank goodness Gypsy is such a great character! :P

Great update. Have loved reading about Eleanor's backstory as you've tied it in really well. The dialogue between Kit and Gypsy was really good too - it's really easy to picture them interacting like that. Fatastic writing as per usual! :)

• 1 month later...

Nice that everything seems to be wrapped up.I have to admit a tiny part of me thought Hayley deserved to have something happen to her, after what she accused Kane of doing, but at least she seems to have learnt something from the experience and Kit and Gypsy have finally got their chance to tell her what they think of her.The multiple emergency phone calls was a slightly convenient way of solving the multiple cliffhangers but quite clever as well and I trust you to wrap up those storyline properly later on.Intrigued to know what Cassie meant at the end.

• 1 month later...

I'm about halfway/threequarters through the next chapter and then after that, believe it or not, will follow the final chapter!!!! :o

It's mostly been enjoyable to write but got really tough during the last half-dozen chapters or so (and I think lost a lot of readers along the way :( ) as by then it had got way too compliacted and there were times when I didn't know how the hell I was going to sort everything out. I've just checked and Kat (Skykat) began this in Sept 2006! :blink: She asked me to collaborate a couple of months later and I took over he reins completely a few months after that so four years :blink: is a long, long, long run for Hayley's party...

Anyway, should be posting the penultimate chapter next weekend and then will work on the final chaper - at last!!!!! :lol:

ps Could Hayley's party guests please finish your drinks now and start heading towards the door....

Edited by I love music

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the whole conversation with the four girls, the way that they've suddenly become almost friends is surprising but kind of believable.It's good that Cassie's opened up about her past as well. Nice to catch up with Martha and Kane and find out what exactly's been going on there.Still slightly worried by that ending though...

Really looking forward to the last chapter, it's been a long road but it looks like we're finally there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really glad you've updated and I'm so sorry things have been bad for you lately.Was expecting that to be the end so I'm surprised we're getting more but it's nice that you're taking the time to wrap up all the characters.You portrayed Kim and Cassie's relationship well and Kit and Noah's and it's a good place for Cassie to end up.Still wondering about who's died, of course:Obviously not those four or Barry so...Looking forward to the rest of this.

• 1 month later...

That was simply beautiful.I loved every word of it.The way you captured Barry's thoughts and feelings and inner turmoil.I'm so glad he found the strength to own up to what he'd done and that it all turned out all right.

Few names to cross off the list of people who might be dead.I suspect it's

Will

but I'm looking forward to finding out.