Summer Bay High (by Skykat) - comments

bay girl

Thanks for your comments. :) I should have the next chapter finished by *fingers crossed* :unsure: either this weekend or early next week. :) I seem to have less and less time to write these days. :( Anyway, it's mainly Cassie/Hayley but will inclued some Martha/Kane and then hopefully the following chapter we'll rejoin the Barry/Irene/Kim scene. :)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, going out soon so only staying on line for 10 mins or so. I've been so disappointed with the lack of response to the last chapter that I really don't know whether it's worth my while continuing. :( As it wasn't my idea in the first place (I took over from Skykat circa chapter 12-15 or thereabouts who created a fantastic original idea and is a brilliant writer :) ) I have always found it extremely difficult to write.

I enjoy writing but I enjoy writing anything whether fanfic or original fiction and it's soul destroying when nobody seems very interested so I was wondering whether to abandon it altogether and go back to work on original stuff. I personally don't think my last two chapters were as good as they should have been and I'm well aware that I've kind of lost my way so I think maybe people have picked up on that? :unsure:

I do know how I want to end SBH - whether it'll be any good is anyone's guess :unsure:, sometimes I like my writing and sometimes I think it's pretty poor quality - but whether I should continue is up to you. I have to admit I haven't done any work since the last chapter was posted because the poor view count and lack of reviews suggests that nobody particularly cares either way.

Like many of you, I work full time and it's very difficult to find any spare time for writing. If anyone wants me to carry on, I'll see what I can come up with, otherwise this fic will be abandoned and left to fend for itself in the Vault.

Thanks for your comments. :) I should have the next chapter finished by *fingers crossed* :unsure: either this weekend or early next week. :) I seem to have less and less time to write these days. :( Anyway, it's mainly Cassie/Hayley but will inclued some Martha/Kane and then hopefully the following chapter we'll rejoin the Barry/Irene/Kim scene. :)

I am sorry to hear that you are thinking about stopping this as it is one of favborites, if not my all time favorite fic. I was particularly looking froward to reading the Barry/Irene/Kim scene - you are one of the few writers who includes my favorite couple. I enjoy your writing very much, but you must of course make the decision for yourself and not for others and do what is best for you.

I enjoyed the last chapter - is Kane really dead? That was dramatic and effective and I was gripped by the impact of it. Well done.

Great update, what can I say. I love it.

You killed Kane :o :o :o

Keep guessing. :wink:

The erratic hit count of this fic baffles me - first it averages only about 10 hits a day and I think hardly anybody's reading so it's not worth carrying on, then it jumps by over 230 in just two days so I think either quite a few people are reading or one person feels sorry for me so hits on the fic 200 times to pretend there's a lot more :unsure: (I'm not joking, I really do think that at times ).

Thanks for your comments, Corey and Bareenfan and I'll try and see what I can come up with. I don't promise it'll be any good because I think I have lost my way a bit but I've made a vague start on Barry/Kim/Irene today - tho it's all over the place at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

I shouldn't be posting in my own thread :blush: but what the hell, I've been doing some work on fanfic as I'm off work today and I thought I deserved a break from writing. Bareenfan (and anyone else who's following but particularly Bareen fan because I know you were keen to read it) you'll be pleased to hear the Barry/Irene/Kim chapter is at least halfway done now! :D

Thanks for your reviews. :D For anyone following, the latest chapter of SBH "Showdown" (Barry/Irene/Kim) has today been posted on fanfiction.net under TV shows "Home and Away". One day I might learn how to do hyperlinks but until then... :P

There's no view count registering on BTTB and as I like to keep tabs on the view count there doesn't seem much point in posting here until it's sorted. When it is, I'll post the chapter on here as well, but in the meantime it can be accessed on fanfiction.net and any comments can be left in either place. :)

Edited by I love music

:o The chapter I had been waiting for!

As I read, the scene was playing out in my head. You created such fantastic imagery in that chapter. I love how you use aspects of nature to describe emotions. For me anyway, it really adds to how I picture the character and what they are going through. Beautiful language as well.

And after a while Kim stopped to catch his breath on the very same hill where a little while ago Noah and Kit and before them Jack and Gypsy had looked down to admire its panoramic views of the moonlit sea and Summer Bay. But Kim had no calm to quell his racing heart, no stars or moon to capture some brief light amid the terrible darkness. Far below a black sea rolled towards the shore and in the distance the Baystormer’s flashes of lightning danced wildly through a tormented sky and here and alone he flung himself on the quiet, sodden earth and broke down sobbing heartbrokenly for the mother he never knew.

“I know I’ve been a huge disappointment to you,” Kim continued brokenly, the yellow candlelight glowing on his soaking blond hair and catching the shine of raindrops on his face. “But I always wanted...”

A disappointment?” Barry gulped back a sob and he wiped the pads of finger and thumb over his eyelids as tears threatened to blur his vision. “How can you even begin to think that?”

The answer when it came broke his heart.

Kim and Barry really have an unusual relationship. There is this kind of distance and sadness between them, yet a mutal admiration and respect for each other at the same time. I think they have this kind of love for each other that is so strong that it becomes so painful (something I can relate to!) - and I guess you could say it is exemplified by Barry's absolute devotion to protect Kim and how much he sacrificed (ie: his wife!)

I'm glad that Irene was there, she really does soften Barry Hyde's character, and the way you wrote how she was a "chink in his armour" was lovely. The flashbacks were also very effective. Barry burying his wife was quite haunting.

Great writing as always ILM. Your writing has this effect on me where I suddenly feel inspired to write something... anything! lol!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Edited by Adia

:o The chapter I had been waiting for!

As I read, the scene was playing out in my head. You created such fantastic imagery in that chapter. I love how you use aspects of nature to describe emotions. For me anyway, it really adds to how I picture the character and what they are going through. Beautiful language as well.

And after a while Kim stopped to catch his breath on the very same hill where a little while ago Noah and Kit and before them Jack and Gypsy had looked down to admire its panoramic views of the moonlit sea and Summer Bay. But Kim had no calm to quell his racing heart, no stars or moon to capture some brief light amid the terrible darkness. Far below a black sea rolled towards the shore and in the distance the Baystormer’s flashes of lightning danced wildly through a tormented sky and here and alone he flung himself on the quiet, sodden earth and broke down sobbing heartbrokenly for the mother he never knew.

“I know I’ve been a huge disappointment to you,” Kim continued brokenly, the yellow candlelight glowing on his soaking blond hair and catching the shine of raindrops on his face. “But I always wanted...”

A disappointment?” Barry gulped back a sob and he wiped the pads of finger and thumb over his eyelids as tears threatened to blur his vision. “How can you even begin to think that?”

The answer when it came broke his heart.

Kim and Barry really have an unusual relationship. There is this kind of distance and sadness between them, yet a mutal admiration and respect for each other at the same time. I think they have this kind of love for each other that is so strong that it becomes so painful (something I can relate to!) - and I guess you could say it is exemplified by Barry's absolute devotion to protect Kim and how much he sacrificed (ie: his wife!)

I'm glad that Irene was there, she really does soften Barry Hyde's character, and the way you wrote how she was a "chink in his armour" was lovely. The flashbacks were also very effective. Barry burying his wife was quite haunting.

Great writing as always ILM. Your writing has this effect on me where I suddenly feel inspired to write something... anything! lol!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks. :D I re-read the chapter for the first time in a week and it sounded slightly better than I remembered. I don't mind drama but I really hate doing "heavy" and seeing as Barry killed his wife in the show there was no other way round it. :(

What's happening with All That You Can't Leave Behind? :unsure: