Please Help! Neighbours

Guest Edward Skylover

On the official site there's a poll saying "What age-group do you want to see more of on Neighbours?" The results are:

Teens 65.9%

20s 21.0%

30s 8.7%

40+ 4.4%

I was hoping people on this forum could back the other 3 options rather than 'teens' as in the past TPTB have used the ten-year-olds opinions from the official site to make decisions. Please help Neighbours in its time of need!

I was a Neighbours fan once, so I don't want to seem like one of those fans who merely wants to bash the other show, but if the Neighbours current audience wants more teen stories (I often said that there shouldn't really need to be any difference towards the age groups, and it's usually the different between good and bad storytelling that people get confused about), surely it's wrong for random people to just vote for another category to try and sabotage what a large percentage of the online audience clearly want.

I can't say I'm particularly enamoured by online polls, but I also can't stand TV shows and people going this is my opinion, let's campaign to make this happen, I'll shout loudest, whilst others just sit there and shrug my shoulders. It's like the constant calls for a gay characters to be introduced.*

*Long, long term members might remember my attempts to gain support behind a cabbage storyline.

I think Edward is more suggesting if you watch Neighbours and dont want more teen storylines, then make your voice heard and vote. Its obviously a large percentage of the online audience who visit the official Neighbours site but from what I've seen of the online audience who discuss the show in depth at forums, it isn't what is wanted at all. I just voted for the 40+ becuase I think the show really needs another Helen, Madge or Valda type character.

• 8 months later...

My honest opinion is they need to have a Aussie "Superstar like Rebecca Gibney or Lisa McCune (who has another series now) visit Ramsey Street.

They have enough Young people given the number of departures in the last 3 seasons I do think we could see new faces there. I really have no favs there now. I do wish the cast well since I hate to see any series in decline!

I hope next year we might see more of people in there 20s really don't want more teens especially if they are going to be as boring as the current ones.

I agree the current young cast are not Donna or Didge! I wished Margot had stayed. Yet Im glad to see her on Pan Am here.

I wished they had kept Samantha Fitzsgearld as a regular :(

They do need a replacement for Libby.

Archived