90s Teen Relationships

Guest beau_t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Marilyn was 18/19 when she arrived, I know Emily Symons was in her late teens when she started.

I too thought Sally and Nelson were a good couple, it was quite a innocent relationship and they were very well suited. Remember the romantic video Nelson had recorded for Sally and the teen gang set it up so she would have a surprise by watching it with the rest of Summer Bay House including Pippa and Michael leaving her extreemly embarrassed!

I also enjoyed Sarah and Tug's relationship. Teigan and Joey were a good couple and I believed Joey loved her until his departure despite them splitting up. Blake and Sophie were a great couple I thought as well as Blake and Meg.

Yeah Joey and Casey did 'give it a go', they tried kissing and released there wasn't any chemistry there what so ever, I remember it being Casey pretty much pressuring Joey to give it a shot. Of that era I also enjoyed Liam and Stephanie's relationship.

I did like Curtis and Selina together at the time, both were newish characters and they had good chemistry I thought.

I always find if the teen romances are quirky or feature strong characters and it is written well I enjoy them which is why I haven't enjoyed teen romances of the last 5/6 years - I think the lust/sex and PG rating aspect from the get go takes over these days which is why I've found it incredibly nauseating to watch.

I think Marilyn was 18/19 when she arrived, I know Emily Symons was in her late teens when she started.

Yeah Joey and Casey did 'give it a go', they tried kissing and released there wasn't any chemistry there what so ever, I remember it being Casey pretty much pressuring Joey to give it a shot.

I think they might have made Marilyn older in the mid-90s so the relationship with Donald was more plausible.She certainly doesn't act very old in 1989 but then she doesn't have a particularly "old" personality in 2011 either.

I seem to remember there was one time, might have been around the time her mother kidnapped her or Stephanie died, it was one time when she was feeling a bit vulnerable, when Joey walked Casey home and kissed him and afterwards she was all "Oh my god, what did I do that for, I don't like him like that."She did ask him out when Tiegan took an interest in him, mainly out of jealousy because she was used to being the one he liked, and arranged to meet him at the same time and place he was meant to be meeting Tiegan.Then neither of them turned up because they'd got detention for fighting.Afterwards she accepted she didn't really want him as a boyfriend and gave them her blessing.

Archived