Credits that Gave the Game Away

Guest Ryan

Gypsy was told at the end of an episode in (2000?) that Harry was dead, but his credit shot was at the beginning of the next episode and low and behold, it was all a sick joke.

ETA: As a comparison, they were very clever leaving the Noah and Hayley shot in the credits after the Olympic cliffhanger - using Beau in the credits and the episode as a ghost was a stroke of genius.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember back in 1998 when Tiegan left - with the band I think. I thought that was the end of her, but then she remained in the credits which surprised me. By the time she showed up again on Irene's doorstep I was expecting it...

Same thing with Josie in 2005 - I think she left twice and came back again.

I remember back in 1998 when Tiegan left - with the band I think. I thought that was the end of her, but then she remained in the credits which surprised me. By the time she showed up again on Irene's doorstep I was expecting it...

Yeah I remember expecting Josie to return but it was still a great twist when she showed up in front of Morag in Brett Macklin's office. Two of my favourite Morag foes together!

Yeah I remember expecting Josie to return but it was still a great twist when she showed up in front of Morag in Brett Macklin's office. Two of my favourite Morag foes together!

Similarly, Amanda remained in the credits when she took Ryan to America (in 2006?). Again though, I wasn't expecting her to be the producer of the film against which the Bay was protesting.

Similarly, Amanda remained in the credits when she took Ryan to America (in 2006?). Again though, I wasn't expecting her to be the producer of the film against which the Bay was protesting.

Oh that was a great twist. The movie itself was a total plot device though!

A good example would be the Frank / Bobby / Greg triangle in 1991 - 1992. In the final scene of 1991, as you can see from the clip which I kindly uploaded on YouTube, Bobby and Frank kissed on the beach. Six weeks later, the first we saw of Bobby in 1992, was, in the credits, on the beach yet again, and wearing the same shirt, her walking alone. Two seconds later, Greg runs from behind her and they kiss; Frank has not been added in the credits and we could pretty much gather the direction that the storyline was to take.

• 3 weeks later...

I take it Viv is an example of a character that appeared in the creits before they appeared in the show. She was added in 341, but debuted in 343!

Also, have to say, she looks nothing like she does in the credits! Way more scraggy in the show. :lol:

Archived