Distance and Time (by charmed60) - comments

Zetti

Aww I loved that chapter. Nice too see them all interacting with each other and that they are trying to help Rachel and Lucas.

Jack seems to be coping better too which is good :)

Update soon :)

P.S. I always find myself singing 'Distance and Time' after I read this fiction. :lol::P

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww Laura was that a great chapter. It was nice to have something light hearted after the intensitity of previous chapters. The Jack/Martha stuff was really sweet and it's nice to see Jack happy and just having fun with his wife. I like the little mention of Tony at the end though :) Jack seems to be coping a lot better than Rachel. It's nice for him that he has Martha and she's been so supportive. I love their relationship, it seems really strong and i think without it Jack would have crumbled a long time ago.

I liked the interaction between Belle, Aden, Mattie and Ric. It's nice you brought back so many older charatcers, especially as Mattie was such a big part of Tonys life. I'm glad she wasn't forgotten about. It's lovely the way they all want to help Rachel - but also really sad becasue she's clearly in a really bad way. I'm glad Charlie decided to call Leah. I hope she can help her.

“When I was talking to her earlier…she wasn’t really listening, it was like she was in another world” Belle interjected.

“Yeah well you do tend to ramble a lot babe” Aden joked, nudging her ribs

That made me laugh, hehe. I like the little bits of humour you include. Some light hearted relief is always good. :)

Poor Mattie! :( It's not her fault Lucas reacted like that. How was she supposed to know? :unsure:

It was a good idea from Angelo. Leah knows how it feels to lose the man you love and she is Rachel's best friend so she is the best person for the job.

I love the JM scene. It was so sweet. It looks like Jack is coping better than his brother and Rachel. It might still take some time for him to move on but it's a start. Unlike Rachel and Lucas, he has someone he can talk to, which can be helpful.

More please.

Wow.That was just superb.I loved the whole thing with Leah trying to help Rachel, it's sad that she has so little fight left in her that she's just prepared to leave the house without any argument.What Elijah said to her was great as well and hopefully it will help her.

Wow what a fantastic update! :)

Loved the Changelo stuff. Angelo mucking up the proposal made me laugh. And lol at him leaving a piece of bloodied tissue on his chin :lol:

Im glad Lucas realised how he was treating Rachel and that he wanted to apologise. But then he found her like that! :o Oh gosh, I really hope that she is okay!

Update soon :)

Oh gosh.I really hope Lucas found Rachel in time, the way you wrote that whole sequence was superb again.Angelo's bumbling attempts to propose made me laugh and I can understand Charlie's reasons for wanting it kept quiet.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

Wow Laura those two chapters were just fantastic. You're writing Rachel's pain so well; it feel so raw and deep. I thought the stuff with Leah was just brilliant and heart renching. :(

“I just want Tony” Rachel finally spoke, her voice gaining a louder tone as the pain she’d been trying to hold in spilled out.

“I know you do sweetie…”

“Where is he Leah?” Rachel cried, tears dripping onto her lap as she allowed herself to open up. Her eyes were darting around the room as if she was expecting him to walk in at any moment but she didn’t move, instead subconsciously picking at the tissue clasped in her hand.

“He’s gone Rach…” Leah gently answered, placing her hand on Rachel’s. She could see why Matilda was so worried now; it was like Rachel was falling apart, bit by bit losing touch with reality.

“But where” Rachel screamed, her face becoming red with frustration. “I just need to know where he is Leah, is he here right now? Can he see me or hear me? Is he still in pain from the burns? Is he safe?” She kept her eyes focused on Leah, expecting her to have the answers she needed to hear.

“He’s not in pain anymore, that much I can tell you” Leah finally concluded.

I thought those little paragraphs were amazing and nearly brought a lump to my throat. You can really feel Rachel's desperation and her heart break. She seems to be in such a terrible place right now and it seems not even Leah can help her :( I don't think she's even come to terms with the fact that Tony is dead. It's so incredibly emotional. Leah is such a wonderful support and i feel sorry for her, trying her best to help but it's obviously not working. It must bring back memories for her too; of losing Vinnie and Dan. I loved her talk with Elijah and thought her inital reaction was so realistic. She has every right to be spectical and i understand why she'd feel that way. It is good she seemed to take a tiny step forward.

Angelo and Charlie were sweet and i like how she wants to keep it secret. It's a shame she feels she can't celebrate her happiness but i think it would just push Rachel over the edge.

I can't believe Rachel appears to have tried to kill herself! Poor Lucas finding her like that, i hope he doesn't blame himself. I'm glad he realised being angry is not helping and that he realised how happy Tony was with Rachel. I think it's a good step for him but i fear him finding Rachel is just going to set him back.

It's so intense. Just when you think Rachel is making peace with things she tries to kill herself. :o

It's brilliant and the writing is just fantastic. It pullls you right in.

More please.