Distance and Time (by charmed60) - comments

Zetti

Tony!Wow, finally we get the answer and it's a good one.Ironic that it comes when Lucas was maybe starting to come to terms with how he felt about him dying..?Either way it might help bring him out of his depression.Hopefully Rachel will be able to change Jack's mind about the trial.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow Laura that was amazing :D

I can't believe they got chased by security! I loved all the drama of that. And Oh.My.God. Tony is alive :o What a sudden change in events! Brilliant though. Jack's reaction was so well written and i loved how he was just so overwhelmed with everything. At first he couldn't even talk then he was all exicted and thinking about having to tell Lucas. Everyone's emotions must be all over the place and i think you showed that really well. Jack went from being daxed and confused to acting like a kid at Christmas.

Rachel's reaction was just really lovely. Her just lying next to him and taking in his smell and just holding him was just beautiful and i'm glad she got to be alone with him. It was so meaningful that it was just the two of them. I'm glad she didn't completely go crazy and jump all over him, although i wouldn't have blamed her if she did. It's so very sad so she still feels guilty about their fight. She's been carrying that around with her for months and i really hope she gets to let go of it soon.

“You know if you asked me to marry you right here, right now, I’d say yes” she sobbed, the guilt at their last argument still engrained in her memory. “The flowers, the location, it doesn’t matter. You were right; as long as we’re together, that’s the most important thing.” She closed her eyes gently; the emotional toll of everything weighing heavily upon her as she listened to Tony’s gentle breathing. “Thank you for coming back to me” she muttered. “I love you.”

I loved that paragraph. I feel incredibly sorry for Rachel though and it's tragic something so massvie had to happen to make her realise what's important. She seemed to get a little peace at the end though and i loved she just closed her eyes and allowed herself to let go a little bit.

The Lucas and Alf stuff was nice and i hope now Lucas realises just how much Tony loved him. It's sad he thinks that his dad loved Jack more than him and that he didn't mean as much to his dad as his brother did. Alf's gesture was sweet and i only hope Lucas took it as being genuine. Although now he's gonna be knocked for six when he finds out about him being alive!!!

The end stuff was really good, nice little twist at the end adding more friction it it!! I love that Rachel had fallen asleep next to him though; the poor girl probably needs to sleep for a week! And then Jack and Martha having a little moment. I think that he reflected on everything that had happened though and the little part about Martha asking how such a massive mistake could have been made. I guess in all the excitement it's easy to forgot the underlying issues and how serious it is going to get. :unsure:

The whole trial thing is interesting and i suspect it's going to casue yet more tension. Love it though, can't wait for more!

No wonder most guys don’t like shopping. Poor Jack! Having to see Martha try on shoes after shoes. :lol:

:o The patient really is Tony! Who is the moron who didn’t think of or forgot to make the DNA tests? I’d like to kick his butt. :angry:

You describe Rachel’s emotions so well when she first realised it was Tony and when Dr Wallis didn’t want her to leave his office until a psychiatrist examined her.

I can understand both point of views but I think I’ll have to be on Jack’s side. While I can understand that the trial could be good for Tony, I don’t think I’d like doctors to put my dad through that, especially as there are a lot of risks. Call me selfish but I’d rather they tried it on another patient and only used it on my dad if it has proven to be effective. Even Rachel is thinking that if it weren’t Tony, they should go ahead with it but as it’s him, she also has doubts. You hear about people coming out of their coma after several weeks and sometimes years so who says Tony couldn't wake up on his own? Maybe it's because I'm a romantic kind of girl but I'd like to believe he's going to wake up on his own now that he can maybe sense his wife and sons' presence. I hate the fact this is ruining Jack and Rachel’s friendship though. I wonder what Lucas thinks of it.

Looking forward to more.

I've just read all of this fiction so far and I think it is very emotionally moving. :D

I cried sooo many times! You do a great job of capturing the emotion in all the characters and portraying their individual responses to the grief of the death of Tony. - At least thats what I thought as I was reading it until the last few Chapters when we discovered he was actually alive! :)

I can't believe Tony is alive after all of that! It's going to affect them all again!!! Poor Lucas

I think Jack and Rachel should decide to go ahead with the trial but then again I think I need a bit more infomation about it before I make my final decision! :P

Great Work! :D