Was it a mistake getting rid of Floss and Neville?

Guest j.laur5

I must say I think it was a mistake getting rid of them, as they were like the grandparents of the show and great characters to have long term. Even though they didn't get storylines, look at Colleen - she hardly ever gets storylines and yet there's no sign of her getting the axe.

While Neville's character at times was bland, Floss' character was wonderful - she was like Home and Away's version of Helen Daniels and everyone loved her. Does anyone think it might have been better if Floss was on her own?

Also had Floss been around during Dodge's time there's no way she would have turned a blind eye to him hurting Sally. She would have smelled a black rat right away and it would have been nice for Sally to have more familiar people around.

So what are you thoughts on the matter? While we've still got some great characters left, I would rather have seen Lance and Martin leave. All they've done in the last year is act like cartoon airheads, which they do for another 12 months.

I agree it was a wrong move. Floss was brilliant. Neville got on my nerves quite a lot as I felt he sometimes got involved with things which weren't his business, plus the actor came across as quite camp so his relationship with Floss never really rang true.

Nen should have gone on his own. They could have got Floss to work at the Diner or something. I disagree about Lance and Martin, Ie great characters. :)

I must say I think it was a mistake getting rid of them, as they were like the grandparents of the show and great characters to have long term. Even though they didn't get storylines, look at Colleen - she hardly ever gets storylines and yet there's no sign of her getting the axe.

While Neville's character at times was bland, Floss' character was wonderful - she was like Home and Away's version of Helen Daniels and everyone loved her. Does anyone think it might have been better if Floss was on her own?

Also had Floss been around during Dodge's time there's no way she would have turned a blind eye to him hurting Sally. She would have smelled a black rat right away and it would have been nice for Sally to have more familiar people around.

So what are you thoughts on the matter? While we've still got some great characters left, I would rather have seen Lance and Martin leave. All they've done in the last year is act like cartoon airheads, which they do for another 12 months.

You're asking two questions there. I think that with the way Neville was going, getting rid of him was rather justified. Floss really added something though, a grandmotherly charm and affection, IMO, and getting rid of her was a mistake. I also believe that it was a mistake getting rid of Alison.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny I think Alf and Ailsa sort of became the "grandparents" of the show through the nineties... in fact as I was younger when I watched the show in the 90s I always thought the Stewarts were a lot older than they were, I mean Ailsa was meant to turn 50 in 2000 but she definetely seemed older! I think the focus of the show changed from being a "family show" and Floss and Neville weren't part of that, having said I think it would have been very interesting for them to have stayed. A few more older interesting characters and a few less younger clones!

Archived