Bobby, Fisher and Morag

Guest matty

I think that's a case, perhaps, as Sally sang a few years later "You don't know what you've got, until it's gone." It could be feasible had Bobby lived that they still hated each other.

I think the 1993 Morag would still have hated Bobby if she'd been alive, her tears when Greg told her what Bobby thought of her seemed to come from the same place as thye ones at Bobby's wedding: an acknowledgement of what might have been whilst knowing deep down it wouldn't really have been possible.I think the 2004/2005 onwards Morag, who accepted Ric and Martha into the family without much difficulty and more or less tolerated Colleen, would probably get on with her.

I don't know anything from now up until around 1995. I agree that Morag would definitely accept Bobby were she around now, but I assumed watching Bobby's funeral online, that Morag must have felt some degree of love for Bobby, because she wouldn't have attended the funeral, and she wouldn't have been visibly upset. Didn't she try to take Sam after Bobby died too? That indicates that she was probably trying to compensate.

I think Morag probably felt something about Bobby dying, she wasn't completely heartless, although it wouldn't be out of character for her to go along to the funeral purely out of a sense of duty.But I don't think she felt enough that she would actually have been friends with Bobby if she'd still been alive.Her attitude towards Sam was pretty much the same as her attitude towards Roo in the '80s or Duncan in 2001, taking someone who she thought was a miniature version of her or she could turn into one, who hated small town life and was more interested in wealth and status than having real friends, which wasn't really an option with Bobby.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't Morag's tears after Bobby's funeral were partly caused by realising that, unlike in Bobby's case, if Morag died nobody would come to her funeral? Her tears were coming from a more selfish place than a grieving place.

There was also a more sinister scheme behind wanting to take Sam to the city with her. I can't remember the details but Ailsa was the one who found out about it.

I'm sure Morag's entire appearance in the Bay (including going to Bobby's funeral and "thanking" Pippa) was to give the impression she had changed and was "nice" now. All part of her plan to get Sam. Once she was foiled she reverted to her old self and insulted everyone before Alf disowned her once and for all (until the 2000s).

I'd actually love to see those episodes again if anyone knows anywhere to get them?

Thanks Red Ranger and beau t for your posts, they're interesting, because I haven't seen any episodes from 1990-1995 (that I remember). It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, but frustrating that many of these things won't happen for another 4-5 years.

• 2 months later...

It's just a part of Morag's character. And what a character. You meet many people like this in real life.

I think she's the sort of person wh has been through so much in her life that sh is engulfed by bitterness. And a huge part of her character is that she can't be seen to be vulnerable, she portrays this hard, bitter exterior but underneath it all she's just as sensitive as the rest of us. I think, when it comes down to it, she truly loves Bobby, but ultimately her desire to uphold this hard reputation exceeds her desire to be a mother to Bobby.

After being hurt so many times in the past, I think she's also partly muc happier to be left alone and not let anyone in. We know this is what her characters about since she broke down in Nigel's arms. Surely one of the best ever character's in soap? It's lovely to have her back for the beginning of the 2011 season. :)

Archived