The Underscore Thread

beau_t

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone mentioned somewhere on this forum that there is one last occurrence of the old-style music at the very end of the 1995 season (I can't find the mention). That would have been when Alex was warning Shannon that Saul was "in love" with Selina, while footage is shown of Saul closing up the Surf Club after a day's work there.

• 2 months later...

Since one of my favourite underscores popped up in one of the last episodes shown of the Early Years (so far), I thought I would have a go at remaking it.

I tried to be as faithful to the original as possible, with the exception of the ending, where I tried to make the lead out a little less sinister, and a bit more emotive, adding a few extra seconds than was heard on the shown.

Enjoy! Comments/ feedback appreciated :)

11 hours ago, -Andrew- said:

Since one of my favourite underscores popped up in one of the last episodes shown of the Early Years (so far), I thought I would have a go at remaking it.

I tried to be as faithful to the original as possible, with the exception of the ending, where I tried to make the lead out a little less sinister, and a bit more emotive, adding a few extra seconds than was heard on the shown.

Love this so much. Thank you Andrew

Out of interest has many people seen this recent one

On 22/06/2017 at 0:19 PM, -Andrew- said:

This is a beautiful piece  of music and you have matched it perfectly. Used when Angel was grieving in bed with the voice of Donald phoning Shane's family in the background. Then later used when Angel found present a present that Shane had hidden for her. The music used in Home and Away in this era was in a league of its own really. So haunting and captivating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2017 at 0:19 PM, -Andrew- said:

I've been listening to this over and over again. Not only did this music make home and away it's actually so gorgeous in its own right, I love it so much and thank u for re creating it. If there's anymore underscores you fancy doing please feel free. Listening to them is wonderful. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2017 at 10:58 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

I've been listening to this over and over again. Not only did this music make home and away it's actually so gorgeous in its own right, I love it so much and thank u for re creating it. If there's anymore underscores you fancy doing please feel free. Listening to them is wonderful. 

Thank you :) There is another on the way, currently in the annoyingly frustrating editing process.

The music is definitely very special and you can tell Mike Perjanik really put his soul into it, he wasn't just churning out 'anything to fit the scene' but creating these grand masterpieces, some that would be used only the once. He was instrumental to creating a feel of Summer Bay that most casual viewers probably took for granted.

Archived