The Underscore Thread

beau_t

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/10/2016 at 0:38 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

What piece was it? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZozNYEkYs

It was that piece only it was done in the new orchestrated style with strings. I don't think it worked very well. Sounded more spooky/suspenseful than sad. It may have worked with other pieces but I don't think it's ever tried again sadly.

14 hours ago, beau_t said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZozNYEkYs

It was that piece only it was done in the new orchestrated style with strings. I don't think it worked very well. Sounded more spooky/suspenseful than sad. It may have worked with other pieces but I don't think it's ever tried again sadly.

Interesting. Wonder if the did that with any other older scores. Is the orchestral style in full swing now?  As these pieces aren't necessarily assigned to a certain character or storyline they are harder to identify or name. Some of them are so nice though. 

^ I have likened the early piano scores to Twin Peaks myself in the past. Both shows had very distinctive (and beautiful) piano music that created a unique "feel" to the town they were set in that was unlike anything else on TV.

It's a shame to lose that now, however I am looking forward to some of the impressive orchestral pieces coming up.

Speaking of which, I found the piece when Shane was racing to catch Angel before she got on the seaplane quite good. It was tense and dramatic and (as always) I wish a clean copy was available.

Archived