The Underscore Thread

beau_t

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I just did a version of Sohpie's Theme. It'd be great to have clean copies of the original scores though!

I wonder whether the classic piano scores disappear completely once the new theme tune arrives? I'm going to miss them. I've said it before but they should have kept the piano scores in the show all the way throughout, even up to present. They could have changed the music format as much as they wanted, but if they had just kept weaving the piano scores into the episodes every now and then it would have helped with a sense of continuity. I think this period in 1995 is perfect, bigger orchestral music is prominent, but then those piano scores crop up to help slow the pace down a little and help to link the present to the past.

I have enjoyed a lot of the orchestral music though and I'm looking forward to hearing more of them. I particularly liked some of the music used during Selina's miscarriage storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

The music that slowly draws today's episode to an end, where Irene pledges to make Mr Fisher apologise for kicking Selina out of the school. It reminds me of

Spoiler

when Michael drove Jack to outside Mr Fisher's house the day after it got burnt down in the Great Fire Of Summer Bay.

The 1994 Christmas music... It has that super early days Home and Away feel.
And part of this music sounds VERY similar to it.

https://youtu.be/JBh-lpKyZjA

On 17/08/2016 at 6:06 AM, beau_t said:

As seen on the first page of this thread, a few people made "clean" copies of some of the most memorable pieces. It's a shame none of them continued to do this :(

They barely ever did the more family orientated themes, like the Fletcher themes, Summer Bay themes and various scores like that, it was mostly Sophie's theme and Bobby's theme.

On 9/3/2016 at 4:28 AM, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

The 1994 Christmas music... It has that super early days Home and Away feel.
And part of this music sounds VERY similar to it.

https://youtu.be/JBh-lpKyZjA

Oh, snap! It does, as well! That kind of thing usually played during Floss/Neville/Lance/Martin/Celia clownishness! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived