The Underscore Thread

beau_t

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The piece of music that plays when:

Spoiler

• Donna spills her guts to a class in the immediate aftermath of her final breakup with Andrew
  • Steven telling Irene he is not prepared to accept her apology over Dodge, the night after he and Steven jumped off the cliff

plays for the first time: in Episode 1656, when Shane keeps telling Mr Fisher he is OK about living in such a shoddy house.

UPDATE:

The music that reminds me of the little compact camera that was advertised with some old Mac models (I'm not quite sure now, G3 models, G4 models? Google isn't very helpful), like when Apple was showcasing is then-new iMac or Power Mac range. The posters had the consumer camera alongside the Mac (a semi-compact, like an early Canon Powershot?).

Anyway, the piece of music I am referring to here plays for the first time when Curtis and Shannon mourn Laura, Curtis leaves a bunch of flowers on the railway track where Laura died (1670).

The music that plays when

Spoiler

Mr Fisher finds his house burnt down, and,

Keith Williams's siege ends

plays for the first time at the end of Episode 1671 when Jack and Curtis share memories of Laura. Curtis describes her final moments right before she went out "like a lightbulb".

• 1 month later...

The music used when Sally is crying in the bathroom is later modified as a more tense/dramatic piece (like Pippa confronting Shannon over her anorexia, or Ailsa facing Kelly after refusing to let her treat Duncan) but it worked quite well here as a sad piece. It's interesting hearing these familiar pieces come in for the first time, especially where you least expect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived