Morag or Diana

Guest beau_t

Diana was I'd say a semi-regular character in the latter half of the 90s who was like Morag in many ways: she was conniving, a snob, and used her money and power to lord it over other people. She particularly hated Irene and Chloe. She made a brief reappearance in 2005. I remember she once spiked Irene's drink knowing that she was a recovering alcoholic. Another time she pretended to be blind after a car accident (I can't remember why).

I think she initially was blind and so she moved in with James and Chloe (and Olivia), however she regained her sight; by that time she was desperate to be close to James and Olivia so pretended to be blind to remain in the house. Until Chloe found out and James ordered her out of the house and never to be seen again.

This made her quite obsessive about seeing Olivia and being close to James (due to loosing Lachie) and she started following Chloe and Olivia around I think, waiting outside the beach house to get a gimps of her granddaughter. Eventually Chloe started to feel a bit sorry for her and allowed her to visit under her supervision. I think she softened around that point, or at least we saw her emotional side again, I think the only time we ever saw that side to her was when she was grieving for Lachie. But it soon disappeared in favor of the bitch when she returned end of 1999 to buy the caravan park.

Oh yeah about the drink spiking, she didn't do that knowingly. Hayley and Sam had put alcohol in the punch. James asked Diana to offer Irene a 'olive branch' and suggested getting her a glass of punch to give her as an excuse to go over and talk to her. Irene thought she did it purposely and went crazy at her screaming with a knife in her hand 'YOU SET ME UP' and threw a drink in her face. They had a good scrap in the beach house about it the next day after charges were dropped and Irene found out about Hayley.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say Morag was nicer since she had reformed now. I liked the way James always stood up to Diana unlike Lochie who just let her walk all over him. In 2005 when Chloe died she always refered to Olivia as her granddaughter rather than calling her Olivia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love Morag but I have to say that Diana too was so wonderfully played I dont think I can say.

Although the are similar in many ways they are also very different.

I love to scene where Diana gets drunk and ends up at Irenes place and confesses to having an affair with the groundman like in Lady Chatterlys Lovers. Diana and Vinnie were there best thinggs about the late 90s

I love to scene where Diana gets drunk and ends up at Irenes place and confesses to having an affair with the groundman like in Lady Chatterlys Lovers. Diana and Vinnie were there best thinggs about the late 90s

They were definately a big part of the late 90s for me too.

Oh yeah about the drink spiking, she didn't do that knowingly. Hayley and Sam had put alcohol in the punch. James asked Diana to offer Irene a 'olive branch' and suggested getting her a glass of punch to give her as an excuse to go over and talk to her. Irene thought she did it purposely and went crazy at her screaming with a knife in her hand 'YOU SET ME UP' and threw a drink in her face. They had a good scrap in the beach house about it the next day after charges were dropped and Irene found out about Hayley.

I remember that. Diana tried to get Irene arrested because she had a knife in her hand, but Irene had no intention of using it. She just happened to be holding a knife at the time. I can't remember if Diana genuinely thought Irene was going to hurt her or whether she did it to try and frame her.

She was a good villain. I did enjoy watching her.

I remember that. Diana tried to get Irene arrested because she had a knife in her hand, but Irene had no intention of using it. She just happened to be holding a knife at the time. I can't remember if Diana genuinely thought Irene was going to hurt her or whether she did it to try and frame her.

She was a good villain. I did enjoy watching her.

"I was chopping lemons!"

Archived