1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

I like it when shows in general take us back to the time of an event happening and show it, rather than the slighly overemotional, slightly overlong scenes as some explains what happened. Of course, they couldn't use it on everything that references the past, but nice to see Summer Bay 1970.

I wonder if todays cliffhanger was tacked on as a late change or something - Nicholas isn't credited.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless they confused Matt for Nicholas? :wacko: Matt (aka Greg Benson) was credited but I can't remember seeing him in today's episode.

Was he in the cupboard in the diner? :unsure:

So he was the one who left all that mess in the Diner and probably hid in the cupboard or disappeared before Lance and Martin started to butcher sing the cappuccino song. :P

Episode 231 has to be one of my favourite episodes of all time. The writing and use of flashbacks are imaginative, innovative and pure class. The characterisation of an otherwise mute Young Celia is fantastic and I eagerly await to see young Morag (or is that "Bugsy") and Donald all over again!

With the exceptions of the flashbacks, Celia and Barbara, Episode 231 was pretty much a "two-hander", containing one storyline and two characters. Such episodes have been common in British Soaps (particuarly EastEnders) since the 1980s but this is the only such example that I know of from an Australian soap. Can anybody prove me wrong on this one?

Episode 231 has to be one of my favourite episodes of all time. The writing and use of flashbacks are imaginative, innovative and pure class. The characterisation of an otherwise mute Young Celia is fantastic and I eagerly await to see young Morag (or is that "Bugsy") and Donald all over again!

With the exceptions of the flashbacks, Celia and Barbara, Episode 231 was pretty much a "two-hander", containing one storyline and two characters. Such episodes have been common in British Soaps (particuarly EastEnders) since the 1980s but this is the only such example that I know of from an Australian soap. Can anybody prove me wrong on this one?

And Random Floss in one of the shop scenes.

Phillip is really giving me the tom-tits, :angry:

the sooner Dodge gets rid of this "doctor" who keeps acting like an imbecile, the better

. There is nothing funny about his pathetic attempts at "love" for Stacey, going on to "Pippa" asking for "advice" on how to get into her pants I mean for a doctor, he seems to be lacking in intelligence if he has to go around asking others silly questions about how to deal with people, however it was pretty funny when he talked to Vera about what a psychotic pervert Nicholas is for running around on the public beach with all his bits exposed.

I like the Carly storyline though. A "friend" of mine (used to be a friend, she treated me very badly and did nothing but use me to feed her habit) died of an OD a few weeks ago, she had a really bad drug habit and wouldn't recover.

I absolutely love Phillip and was laughing hysterically when he was talking to Celia about Nicholas, I think he's very endearing even though the acting is a bit how u going. I think he's the best looking of the males. I don't see what he sees in Stacey she is a complete cow and was laughing when Tom said he had enjoyed working there but she's been unbearable to work for lately, she's been unbearable from the moment she drove into town batting her eyes and flatting her tyre.

Archived