1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

Celia's another character who will be sadly missed come the 1990 season. I do wonder if she was asked to leave or chose to herself. I didn't know whether I liked her at first, but I realised recently that her character, along with Lance and Martin, embody the entire community spirit feel of the latter half of '88. I don't know what it is, but there's just something magical about the interaction of these three characters in Hogan's Store.

I think you probably know me eough to know I agree entirely. :lol::wink:

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of waiting for Floss to pop in the diner so she can become a member of the three-diner club. Cookie to everyone who can name everyone in the club.

Can't be that many. Leah, Colleen, Alf, Irene and Pippa?

Sally and Morag...Sally's farewell was at the Pierside Diner so that means a lot of characters you wouldn't think of have been there.Thing that's causing me trouble is all those 2000s character returns which have me going "Did we ever see Steven or Carly in the second Diner?"

Sort of waiting for Floss to pop in the diner so she can become a member of the three-diner club. Cookie to everyone who can name everyone in the club.

Can't be that many. Leah, Colleen, Alf, Irene and Pippa?

Sally and Morag...Sally's farewell was at the Pierside Diner so that means a lot of characters you wouldn't think of have been there.Thing that's causing me trouble is all those 2000s character returns which have me going "Did we ever see Steven or Carly in the second Diner?"

Yep in 2002 they were in Beachside dinner.

Actually, a complete outsider, Theo Poulos sprang into my mind, but that must be it now.

There's quite a lot that visited the first two diners and so could complete the set. Sophie, Blake, Frank, Matt, Ailsa, Fisher, Duncan, Judith, June, Dani, Jade, Rhys, Brodie, Mitch, Sam, Lance,Will, Nick S, Hayley, Ralph, Jesse, Harry, Chloe(?), Gypsy, Noah (and probably a few more from the late 2000 cast whose names skip my mind. For instance I'm sure Leah's Ted might be one of these guys).

An drew second and third!

There's quite a lot of people that have been in the second and third, but unless for some bizarre reason Drew makes a bizarre reappearance and decides to revisit the burnt out shell of the first diner (and I'm not even sure he made it as far as the third anyway) he is actually unable to complete the set.

The same for people that have not appeared since 2000, they need to go to the presumably collapsed Beachside Diner to complete the set (This also goes for Marilyn)

All of which has been entertaining, but I think it's time to get back todays 70's themed episode showing that colour televison hadn't reached Summer Bay at that time.

Archived