Bobby Simpson - Nicolle Dickson

Hey everyone, was just lurking the forum really and came across this thread, Kate Ritchie who I follow on facebook for her style and stuff recently posted pictures of her, Nicolle and Alex Papps together at some sort of photoshoot (I presume the H&A 25th Anniversary special one), wouldn't say she's fully retired from the spotlight as she does the odd cameo from time to time in something and she recently did an interview and shoot with Womans Day with Debra Lawrence and Rebekah Elmaloglou (now of Neighbours)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=284426858326926&set=pb.249920431777569.-2207520000.1367893994.&type=3&theater - Kate and Nicolle

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=283830855053193&set=pb.249920431777569.-2207520000.1367893994.&type=3&theater - Kate, Alex and Nicolle

http://womansday.ninemsn.com/celebrityheadlines/8586392/how-we-kept-our-summer-bay-bodies - Partial interview with her, Debra and Rebekah, gotta buy the mag I'm afraid to read the full one :P

I loved Bobby, Nicolle was (and hopefully still is) an amazing actress, Enjoy. :) xx

Nicolle looked amazing I can't belive its been 20 years since they killed her off

• 3 months later...

I was too young to appreciate Bobby 'back in the day' but having the chance to watch H&A from the beginning has definitely made me re-evaulate my top-5 characters of all time- and that is wholly because of Bobby. I am so glad I have been given the chance to watch these episodes.

Edited by Liz

20 years today Home and Away left the early years behind when their defining character of the show was killed off. The show definitely lost something (not just the useless greg at that point) I think its safe to say her death left scars on Sam that turned him into the troubled teen of the late 90s

Bobby Simpson you have never been forgotten by the Viewers (probably from the writers though).

R.I.P

• 4 years later...
On July 6, 2010 at 09:02, homeandawayfanxx said:

She was honestly one of the best characters. I keep crying everytime I watch episodes with her in it! Because what happeneds to her! I also wish her and Frank stayed together they were such a cute couple Who agrees?

Yes yes yes yes and yes. I don't know why Nicolle wanted to be killed off, Her decision but I don't think I will ever understand why she left...but returned to be a ghost? She could've left Summer Bay with Frank, leaving the door open.

I think Nicolle could've gone on to have a really great career as a working actress, I respect her decision to leave however I can't help but get the feeling that life imitated art where she gave up her acting career to be with her Husband aka Bobby giving up going to Uni to be with Frank.

On May 6, 2013 at 13:22, samdanfan said:

So true Racheal the series was never the same after losing Bobby. Nicole was such a good actress and she is missed. Im not surprised her death got ratings it worked for other series as well such as when Neighbours killed off Bridget Parker for example.

Yet it would have been nice if she had left with a happy ending leaving the door open for a later visit?

Happy ending would've been her back with the man of her dreams enjoying life ☹️

Edited by Summer's Bay