While The Mice Are Away (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Barbara

Annie's problem dealing with in growing up, knowing what she wants, and what she doesn't want, is a difficult one to resolve.

You've basically got the same problem the show had...... why does she run away from her true feelings ? (Assuming they are her true feelings.) But she'll never find out if she doesn't let them fly for once.

I'm assuming that Belgian pace is well behind ours ? So...

That emotional immaturity / blockage developed into something approaching a disorder in the last week on air. To paraphrase her attitude to her romance with Romeo - "Let's not start because it can only degenerate into something less." (Isn't that a attitude that would stop most people getting out of bed, or taken to it's logical conclusion, even wanting to be born ?)

What an epitaph for a character.

As Barbara says, and I would echo, a good, well written fic.

With a chance of a sequel ?

P.S. Rock climbing ??

This is a girl who they'd have us believe fell over flat sand on a beach. :rolleyes:

P.P.S.

Come to think of it though, Irene's attitude towards Annie was enough to send anyone up the (rock) wall.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks as always to everyone that's commented on this fic.It helps motivate me to keep going and it's nice to know what people think.The problems of writing "in continuity":When I first came up with this idea, we knew Annie was coming back and Jai wasn't so it was intended to be the story of their last few months together after which they said goodbye for could.And then what happened?She went back to Japan so the ending lost a bit of its impact...

I have got another idea I'm playing around with but I'm probably going to write a sequel to this as well, it probably won't be a long one but I think there's some potential in finding out what happened next.As soon as I can work out exactly how I want it to end...

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to While The Mice Are Away (by Red Ranger 1) - comments