New Script Producer Appointed

Guest Dan F

We've sometimes run the stories in the past when they've been available to us - I know we ran ones for Sarah Walker, Bevan's 6 month return, and Phil and Faith taking over from there - but for the last couple of years it's mainly been people already on the writing team who have taken on the role.

This is a bit more significant as it is a completely new addition to the script department taking on the head role. One of my contacts in there commented that it promises to be an exciting new era for the team.

The length of the tenure does vary - I think they just tend to review things every 6 months and see how the SP feels about continuing. Sometimes it's just been 6 months at a time, sometimes a couple of years.

Certainly with Coral's stint, her first year is quite praiseworth with the KK drama, Colleen's cancer, Angie, Sutherland marriage breakdown amongst other things, but her second year was quite terrible. Well written usually, but the storylines went a bit "1994".

I don't know the new SP at all. Shortland Street never really took of in our household here in Oz.

I just hope that the new balance which has increased the character focus and wound back the "who will die" frequency will continue. I'm not sure who decides that.

Oh no! I'm familiar with Jason Daniel's work but I can't say that I'm a fan. He introduced a serial killer storyline to Shortland Street which was a ratings winner and increased audience numbers dramatically. In saying that, I find that his type of stories may not work well for Home And Away. I'll be intrigued to see what he does.

Oooh brilliant, I hope he puts an end to this Changelo business!

Why? They are like best couple ever

What ever happened to Cameron Welsh?

Nothing - we're talking about Script Producers, not Series Producer

Archived