7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

Listen pal whats it to you if we think Anzac programmes should be on the MAIN channel? we are not saying the diggers shouldn't be honoured but thats why we have these digital channels variety for EVERYONE

[/quote

i completly agree and im actully glad we took a small hiatus (1 day) as we are now one day closer to getting a complete block shown a week instead of wednesday being friday if that makes sense

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But some of the stuff they do put on to mark events is "garbage". There are some very poor war documentaries. The same programme repeated every year.

I mean in the UK, I'm interested in the conflicts like this, but on 11/11 etc, I won't watch the Westminister Service and stuff like that, because sitting watching hymms and readings is garbage to me. That doesn't mean I don't respect the sacrifice, though if we're going off onto another point raised in such programmes, I don't think those generations were any braver, just more unfortunate.

So what do you think is an appropriate response to a person who terms coverage such an occasion 'garbage' ?
If you agree with what the person says, say so and back it up with your own opinion, same as in any other debate.

If you disagree, be civil about it, or shutup.

DON'T be abusive. DON'T lay on guilt trips or inflammatory, personal stories reminding us about things like your father dying in the war and all that.

I look forward to seeing the emerging signs of self discipline taking hold in this thread. It's so much easier and more satisfying than having a Staff Member have to intervene. :innocent:

John H

Forum Mod.

• 1 month later...

im so glad 7two aired the old episodes and now is danni minogue in it. i hope 7two will bring all episodes with her or maybe until episode 500. i hope 7two will don't cancel the show. hope they airing year by year. need the tammin sursok years but until that it's a long way and i hope we can see marylin in the 90's ^^ and heath ledger with sally.

• 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine was on a certain TV show that wasn't Home and Away in the early 90's that has been repeated twice already, he's praying it will be repeated a third time as he will be getting lots and lots of money. I asked him about Home and Away on 7two and he had no way of knowing what was in the actors contracts but couldn't imagine going pass the early to mid 90's because "That's when actors got smart." He also mentioned that he could see a lot of people fuming about it being repeated.

This show is now being repeated and this actor will be getting royalties for it but H&A has a much larger cast I'm not too optimistic about the show re-airing the early-mid 1990's episodes.

• 5 months later...

**** IMPORTANT NOTICE — TENNIS COVERAGE ****

Recently there has been concern regarding the tennis coverage's threat this year to 7TWO's current Home And Away repeat run. It is believed that due to the need to satisfy tennis followers with live coverage, while maintaining consistency with timezones, standby programming would be replacing The Early Years, possibly to maintain consistency in the episode ordering (NOTE: THIS IS MY GUESS ONLY, SEE CAVEATS BELOW)

Unfortunately, I can now confirm from a source on good authority the repeat run will not be escaping the tennis this year.

As for whether Home And Away: The Early Years will return after the tennis, this is still speculation, but what I can say is, based on the verified evidence regarding Seven's tennis commitments, when the tennis finishes, there is still a good chance 7TWO will return The Early Years, but sadly the risk of The Early Years being forgotten still cannot be ruled out.

IMPORTANT — I am not an authority on the inner workings of the Seven Network. I am just as much in the dark as you are, and can only go by Internet rumours that have to be backed up by official sources in order to confirm what the future is after this the biggest disruption to the repeat run since 7TWO began 2 years ago.

Please don't ask me to comment about things like why episodes between the years 1990 and 1995 being skipped due to 'contractual reasons'. These are just 'Internet rumours' and are not to be taken as fact and gospel.

At the moment, for the next 2 weeks or however long the tennis goes on for, we can only hope and pray Home And Away: The Early Years will return to 7TWO at 9am as per normal.

Archived