7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps someone based in Australia (or more than one person) can ring 7 (or ring again) saying someone has said it's coming back in November even though we've been told otherwise? Maybe people should ask to speak to the manager?

I really hope it's back, even if it skips to 1998 or 2000.

Leaving aside the issue of whether or not someone's horrible for being upset if you post something they told you in private all over the internet...

Regarding the "might be coming back in November" issue, I agree with what Skylover just said. It sounds as though it's currently on the level of "A friend of a friend who knows someone says it's coming back" rather than there being anything from an official source.So, the best thing would be to make discreet, polite enquiries through official channels about the possibility of the show returning.If the answers are vague, then it seems unlikely.But if we get confirmation from enough people, then it may well be true.

Regarding the source where the information about return in November came up, another user wrote there a comment that she rang to 7 and they said that TEY are coming back at the end of the year. The date of the comment is 18th July so there might be truth in this.

3 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Leaving aside the issue of whether or not someone's horrible for being upset if you post something they told you in private all over the internet...

Regarding the "might be coming back in November" issue, I agree with what Skylover just said. It sounds as though it's currently on the level of "A friend of a friend who knows someone says it's coming back" rather than there being anything from an official source.So, the best thing would be to make discreet, polite enquiries through official channels about the possibility of the show returning.If the answers are vague, then it seems unlikely.But if we get confirmation from enough people, then it may well be true.

It's not a friend of a friend but a person on public facebook group claims that he rang to seven and got an answer about TEY coming back on November. It was a seven spokesperson that said that.

I still think it's not coming back as BTTB got a statement from the horse's mouth (and an actual person) but hopefully there's been a change of heart. 'Spokespersons for 7' were saying it was coming back at the end of the year to some people before the official statement came out, but I think now that's been said again, we'd be wise to all start ringing up again, deffo.

So hope it's true! It's despicable if people at 7 are openly lying to us again, and in the process getting our hopes up.

19 minutes ago, sindikatas said:

It's not a friend of a friend but a person on public facebook group claims that he rang to seven and got an answer about TEY coming back on November. It was a seven spokesperson that said that.

Yes but the Seven receptionists have been giving different stories to different people ever since they first went off-air. Remember these are the same people that told us they'd definitely be back within a couple of weeks (whilst simultaneously telling others they were off for good, and others that they'd be back at the end of the year), hence why we attempted to get answers higher up.

1 hour ago, samdanfan said:

This topic will be closed by me for now on this page

And on the rest of the forum too if you don't mind.

1 hour ago, sindikatas said:

Regarding the source where the information about return in November came up, another user wrote there a comment that she rang to 7 and they said that TEY are coming back at the end of the year. The date of the comment is 18th July so there might be truth in this.

Okay but it's not an official statement from 7 Network. That's why I'm saying, one person having heard that from one other person who may or may not actually know something isn't anything even approaching certainty. If a few more people ring up and get the same information, then we might have reason to be more optimistic.

15 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Okay but it's not an official statement from 7 Network. That's why I'm saying, one person having heard that from one other person who may or may not actually know something isn't anything even approaching certainty. If a few more people ring up and get the same information, then we might have reason to be more optimistic.

Interestingly I said exactly the same thing when BTTB posted the very first initial reply they got from Seven call centre and people were treating it like it was an official reliable statement, and I was shot down in flames by all and sundry :lol::lol::lol:.

I agree though - as much as I'd like to get excited about this, I think it's probably not true that it's returning. However, at least these people are making an effort and phoning up the 7 network and getting some kind of "official" reply... however unreliable they definitely are :lol:. So I don't think it's fair to discredit them as one person hearing from another hearing from another... I agree, if more people ring up and get the same response, it may be cause for optimism.

I'd be interested to hear what the 7 call centre people say, after telling someone it will return later in the year, if they are questioned about the fact we have a higher up source confirming it won't be back for contractual reasons (would be even better if we had  the name of the source to validate what we're saying). What would they say then?

53 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I'd be interested to hear what the 7 call centre people say, after telling someone it will return later in the year, if they are questioned about the fact we have a higher up source confirming it won't be back for contractual reasons (would be even better if we had  the name of the source to validate what we're saying). What would they say then?

Exactly, hopefully some Australian fans will ring up and do exactly that.

Archived