7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

3 hours ago, Kristen said:

I know it's never accurate and a fan posted it on the official early years page on Facebook but apparently  it's back Thursday June 1. 

It's not (the page isn't official either), that person was reading our list of key episode dates and got confused. It's definitely off-air for at least the next two weeks, and when a return date is known we'll say so. 

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have been doing really well up until now. And as another Dan has pointed out, there is no tennis or sporting commitments explaining why the break this time.

Skylover: when we had analog in Australia, the repeats struggled their way to Episode 623, before disappearing for good in 2002 (until 7TWO started of course).

Given that a lot of people have been saying recently that what they think of as "the early years" is coming to an end (I'd have said they ended in the early 90s but that's another discussion), it's possible that 7Two have decided to drop the show and considered the end of the "Shangel Era" a good bookmark. Or it could be that we're all fretting over nothing and it'll be back in a month or so.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Given that a lot of people have been saying recently that what they think of as "the early years" is coming to an end (I'd have said they ended in the early 90s but that's another discussion), it's possible that 7Two have decided to drop the show and considered the end of the "Shangel Era" a good bookmark. Or it could be that we're all fretting over nothing and it'll be back in a month or so.

I feel the early years started to end in 1990 when Tom died, Pippa had a head transplant and Lance and Martin left etc, etc and that exodus of originals culminated in 1993 when Bobby died. By then we had fresh blood such as Shangel, Damo, Sarah, Tug etc. I feel 1996 was the end of a second era for the show as it paved a way for the 3rd. 2000 started the 4th.

I hope they do carry on the early years repeats.

There's a whole other thread for discussion of what constitutes the 'early years' and various other eras anyway. :wink:

One would hope they wouldn't make scheduling decisions on the basis of a couple of posts from people who've said "all the good bits are over" and it's not worth watching any more.

Viewers can make their own minds up in that respect rather than blindly following others - whilst 97-99 does, somewhat unfairly, suffer in the shadow of the famous 95-96 seasons, there's still some great stuff to come. Maybe viewers who were young at the time will see the episodes in a new light 20 years on and appreciate them for what they are.

Anyway, at this point they've said it'll definitely be back, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Again opinions are being censored. Dan F I may be wrong but I feel you are not keen on me, maybe because contrary to the obituary article about Alan Bateman on the main BTTB site, I have since found out the 100% truth that H&A was in fact created long before late 1986 when Channel 7 wanted a new show to fill the gap left by Neighbours, and that H&A was an already extant idea which was then rejigged into a 5 day a week format. That is the 100% truth. Bevan Lee and Alan Bateman said so. I have found many sources and would win this case in a court of law.

Archived