7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

I have Monday and Tuesdays Early Years episodes but this morning's ( Wednesday ) episode was not shown. I am miles behind with my Early Years watching. I'll try and catch up with the content of those episodes in the next couple of days.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With it seemingly not airing anywhere in the country, I really can't see any conceivable reason why they would skip episodes. They're the ones that control the playout, it's not like they're patching in to another feed that is continually running and can't be stopped. Nor is it likely that the tapes would self-destruct if not played on a specific day. If they did skip then it's just sheer incompetence.

Hopefully it's just a case of the synopses in the TV guides not having been amended.

Dan F, if they do skip any episodes, I think we'd need to show them that we are serious, we mean business, and get a petition together to send them the message that people do watch their network and the old repeats on 7TWO are not old junk playing to a non-existent audience they can skip over whenever they feel the need to show endless amounts of sports coverage (in Seven's case, tennis) during the Great Christmas Summer Bludge time of the year.

With it seemingly not airing anywhere in the country, I really can't see any conceivable reason why they would skip episodes. They're the ones that control the playout, it's not like they're patching in to another feed that is continually running and can't be stopped. Nor is it likely that the tapes would self-destruct if not played on a specific day. If they did skip then it's just sheer incompetence.

Hopefully it's just a case of the synopses in the TV guides not having been amended.

Yes, this was my belief - if it isn't showing anywhere they should just start reshowing where they left off.

Very good question BeauT. Urgent action is needed, as it has taken 22 years to get around to repeating these episodes and we are not likely to ever see these episodes again before we die, we are dealing with a 6000+ episode series that itself has been running for more than a quarter of a century, and I can't see Yahoo7 web streaming as an acceptable viable alternative (I notice they are showing episodes from the start on there). It is highly imperative that we do everything in our power to make sure there are no skipped episodes (especially the death/funeral of such an important Home And Away icon as Bobby). What's more, people who weren't even born when these episodes were originally broadcast, will never get to see these episodes if they are skipped.

When contacting Channel Seven, make sure you get onto someone who is in charge of "programming" who has control of the playouts.

NEWS FOR ALL!!!!! (Sorry about Caps, just got really excited)

On the Official TV Guide on Foxtel, Monday 26th January's episode summary reads:

Adam bears the brunt of Summer Bay's fury for killing the town's favourite daughter. Fisher and Alf are shocked by the arrival of a surprise visitor.

This is episode 1307! It is to air at 8:30 and subsequent episodes have been updated, so it looks like we won't skip any episodes!

I apologise! It's set to air at 10am

Archived