7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

If you mean for last night when there was no information to confirm we would be missing The Early Years from next week, I apologise. It is an unfortunate habit that people speak out about something (like Actor A or Actor B or Actor C is blocking the repeats) without anything to substantiate such claims, then it turns into a false alarm. Then I was being bugged on Facebook like as though I had insider information from the Seven Network (which in fact neither I nor anyone else here actually seems to do) then find it's come from here, and I searched around all TV guide websites finding they only went out to December 2, and at that time found nothing to confirm we will be missing out as from the 3rd.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that it is only a very temporary break. I've enjoyed watching The Early Years during the Christmas break over the last few years, when it is the non-ratings period. It's nice to have a show that I actually enjoy, consistently run.

Well I know that because of the (far superior) early years being shown, I have all but completely stopped watching the current show. I hope they aren't fearing this is happening with many other viewers because even if they stop showing the early years I'll still not watch the current show.

Hopefully it's just a temporary break. The fact that the other soaps have disappeared is kind of comforting, as I see it as unlikely they would permenantly stop showing all these soaps.

My only concern is the little nagging reminder of last time they stopped showing The Early Years back in the early 2000s, they said it would "return after the Tennis"... and it never did :(

Unless for whatever reason, they've decided to axe all soaps from the channel?. It seems odd that they'd all disappear at the same time for a christmas hiatus. Worrying... but I'm sure a calm non-threatening (ahem) e-mail to SevenTwo will confirm or deny whether or not they're gone for good.

That's funny, because the current show has taught me if anyone gets you offside the way to deal with them is first blackmail, then take them hostage and then if all else fails you try and dispose of them.

Hopefully it's just a temporary break. The fact that the other soaps have disappeared is kind of comforting, as I see it as unlikely they would permenantly stop showing all these soaps.

Because of the other shows disappearing, I'm not too worried--yet.

Because of the other shows disappearing, I'm not too worried--yet.

The thing that's bugging me about this is, Why remove repeats in Repeat season (December/Christmas) when TV generally sucks or is mediocre at best save for the odd film and Ones people WANT to see, at that? :(

Archived